Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 02:30 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
A lot of this stuff has to do with exposure. If the only thing you know about the black population in this country is based on what you see in the media. Then Those people have a lot of growing up too do. Media plays a huge role on the perception of other communities of people. When was the last time you saw anything positive in the news pertain too the African American community ?
I haven't seen much that is positive in the media. Positive can be found if you look for it. However, how many people are looking for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 02:32 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
No need, because crime will disappear. If it ever comes to an armed struggle, the community will just kill off all of the gang members.
This is a foolish opinion. If it's that easy how come the Jews didn't stop those criminal Nazis from doing all the harm they did?

Old 06-28-2016, 02:45 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
No need, because crime will disappear. If it ever comes to an armed struggle, the community will just kill off all of the gang members.
And places like Somalia and northern Iraq are examples where we see this in action.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:01 PM

8,409 posts, read 7,402,622 times
I haven't gone through the entire thread...has anyone brought up the example of the Kowloon Walled City in Hong Kong?

It was an area of several city blocks between Hong Kong and the People's Republic of China, a place inhabited by 50,000 people, at one point it was considered the most densely populated place on Earth.

Neither the British nor Chinese exercised any governmental authority over these few blocks, and the results were far less than the libertarian society anticipated by the OP.

Kowloon Walled City / Wikipedia

A rare insight into Kowloon Walled City / Daily Mail

Kowloon Walled City / WSJ

Old 06-28-2016, 03:04 PM

39,202 posts, read 27,575,665 times
It looks like I am going to have a black man as my brother in law.

I have been thinking about "black culture" a lot lately. I really like the guy my sister is dating right now and I feel very happy that if he can bring some happiness and joy to my sister's life.

anyway, I feel black culture cannot really be brought down to a single common denominator.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:08 PM

384 posts, read 383,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This is a foolish opinion. If it's that easy how come the Jews didn't stop those criminal Nazis from doing all the harm they did?
True, Mexico has completely lost the war against gangs. They pretty much now run the country.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:09 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Let's be honest with ourselves. Police in majority black, low-income is an absolute failure. They do not prevent crime, and all they do is round up black people and put them in jail. According to most people who believe black on black crime is a huge issue in America, there is no way one can admit there is a ton of black on black crime, yet not give the police force it's due scrutiny.

So my suggestion is this. Eradicate the police force in the black community. Black people should no longer be obligated to pay anymore taxes for a police force that is not effective. We need to try a model of self governance. We need to implement a strategy of pure anarcho-capitalism in the black communities in America. My suggestion is that there should be no black home in America without a gun. And because the police are no longer around, people MUST prevent crime THEMSELVES. So when you see a drug dealer on the corner, the community will come out, guns pointed, and tell them to leave the block or else they will disappear. Self regulation. I guarantee, if every drug dealer and gang banger know that they could possible deal with retaliation from black neighborhoods at large, they will disappear overnight. Hence this solves the crime problem WITHOUT THE POLICE.
So basically you'd set it up like "Escape From New York" right? Round up all the black people, build a wall, post guards keeping them in there and inside the wall, whatever happens happens.

Kinda sounds like a terrible idea to me. I can already hear them being called "black concentration camps". And you're trapping a lot of innocent people together with hardened criminals.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:09 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I haven't seen much that is positive in the media. Positive can be found if you look for it. However, how many people are looking for that?
True ... for me I am always reading. I've never been a person thats dependant on the media.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:17 PM

39,202 posts, read 27,575,665 times
To me, the correct question is how to fix crime in any communities in America.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
To me, the correct question is how to fix crime in any communities in America.
Make it illegal to for any person, group, or government to initiate force upon any person, group, or government for any reason. As a society, we are completely run and "ordered" only through acts of aggression upon one another. As long as the "government" and through extension the people have a supposed right to use aggression, violence, and coercion to impose their will upon their neighbors, crime is everywhere and we are all criminals.

Only when the government, and thus its people as well, obey the non-aggression principle does this "society" have any chance of reducing crime...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies