Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 03:43 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I think you were probably trying to be sarcastic, but you're just plain wrong. Women's/family planning health clinics are just as subject to any applicable local, state, and federal standards that any other clinic offering similar medical services is. How is it so easy for some to just make stuff like this up?

What would be a similar "medical" service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 03:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Children will be killed because of this yet you two think it's a great decision. Maybe the end times are near.
Really? So you agree the whole 'admitting privileges" thing was just a scheme.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Says the person who would gladly side with the opinion of Abbott and his lawyers.

The American Medical Association of Obstetricians filed a brief to SCOTUS indicating HB2 was unnecessary, did you read through it. What does Texas have to support their argument.
Quote:
We add that, when directly asked at oral argument
whether Texas knew of a single instance in which the new
requirement would have helped even one woman obtain
better treatment, Texas admitted that there was no evidence
in the record of such a case.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions...5-274_p8k0.pdf

Seems like not much.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:54 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Why is it people express such concern for embryos, (potential human beings), while having so little for actual living, breathing human beings?
You realize that this argument is also a lefty cAnard, right?

All you have to do is search for "charitable assistance for pregnant women and teens" and you will see page after page of organizations that are willing and able to provide housing, training, financial and medical assistance to pregnant women. Of course, these are usually conservative or religious organization, so discussing them ruins the narrative, but that is still the reality of it.

Last edited by eye state your name; 06-27-2016 at 04:14 PM..

Old 06-27-2016, 03:56 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What would be a similar "medical" service?
Any family medicine or specialty care provider (from dermatology and ENT practice to dentistry, urology, ophthalmic, lower gastrointestinal, cosmetic surgery ... and so on) who performs minor outpatient procedures that do not require a surgery center or hospital. There are literally thousands of different medical procedures that are performed every day in the U.S. in thousands of offices outfitted and regulated just like women's healthcare clinics.

Abortion is an unpleasant procedure to think about or discuss, but from a medical standpoint it's just a procedure - much like removing a wisdom tooth, a mole, cataracts, or an infected big toenail. It's done safely every single day in medical offices and clinics without incident. This is why the major gynecological organizations of the US spoke out against the Texas law. It's just bad law, period.

The problem is that it's such a highly emotion-charged subject that many people can't get past their own opinion of it to consider it just from the medical standpoint. If you can, and compare procedures, it should be patently obvious what an overreach this law was.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The issue is the Orwellian practice of the state deciding a person is not a person.
Right, "global warming/climate change" is SCIENCE, but a zygote/fetus is "a glob of cells" and thinking otherwise is NOT SCIENCE.

Got it?

Old 06-27-2016, 03:57 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I can't take it any longer.

Canard. The word is CANARD!

Old 06-27-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I can't take it any longer.

Canard. The word is CANARD!
Yes, I know. I hit the D twice the first time. Sorry! I will fix it so you will be able to recover and carry on.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:59 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yes, I know. I hit the D twice the first time. Sorry! I will fix it so you will be able to recover and carry on.
It was driving me crazy too.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
No, you wrote CUNARD, which is a cruise line that operates out of England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies