Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 08:20 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,230,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
I don't understand how you get gun control from a sign that says "Republican Hate Kills". It says hate, and describes the word hate with the word republican. So hatred felt by republicans is what kills people. But republicans don't hate guns, so where do you get gun control? When I see "Republican Hate" I figure they are talking about bigoted republicans committing hate crimes. Like killing gays because you hate gays. THAT'S what "hate kills" means. When someone kills out of hate.

Which is why when people bring up the fact that the person who killed gays because he hated them was a democrat and not a republican, it's actually a pretty relevant observation, at least as pertaining to this particular sign. You could maybe argue that "it was a democrat displaying the type of homophobic hate that is usually reserved for republicans", but that's about as far as you can go with that.

If the sign were about gun control, the sign would have said "Guns Kill". Then you would have been right.
Yeah, we've already addressed that it could be about gays.

But explain how exactly you think it's relevant that he was a Democrat? Had he been a Republican, would you say the same thing? Because I would. I don't give a damn what party this man was; he killed these people as a terrorist, not a Democrat. He killed them as a bigot. He was a homophobic, possibly closeted homosexual, who clearly suffered some form of mental instability who fell on the backbone of a conservative religious ideology that would allow him to justify extreme violence.

So while you may be right; I could very well be wrong about the intent of the sign at least I don't think this was an act of Democratic terrorism.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-28-2016 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 08:23 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,230,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
They don't think. They are idiots.
That's a weak man's argument. Anyone can say 'you're wrong and stupid' and that's fine to say, but you should at least add an explanation as to why.

Quote:
There is no such thing as no guns. The kind of people they would like us to turn our guns over to are people like Omar. They also whine and complain about police brutality which are the same people they want to have all the guns. Its like they will make it disappear. There is no 2nd amendment issue here other than ordinary citizens being disarmed while an agent in the supervision of da gubverment slaughtered civilians. This was a government attack against the people they have disarmed. So they are either stupid or they are lying. about the second amendment.
Accept that under Obama, gun ownership went up. By quite a bit.

Now, my point with that is: who exactly has lost their guns?

Quote:
Goota love the rampant hypocrisy if that is what you call an olive leaf.
Who's hypocrisy? Are you saying I'm the hypocrite or the people with the sign?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:37 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,748,633 times
Obama and the media told us the shooter is _______ American.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,957,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Just shows that pure hatred sill exists in this country.
Misguided hatred is much more dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Doesn't matter. Due to our insane laws you can legally by any gun you want whether you are on the list or not.
It's okay to admit you don't understand gun laws and how they are bought. When someone has no criminal background what is there to check? Why was this guy removed from the FBI watch? Plus, Disneyland reported him scoping out the park in April.......you still want to blame Republicans?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:40 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,796,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Gay pride parade banner blames Republicans for Orlando massacre - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

It's hard to believe they don't know the killer was a registered Democrat and did it for ISIS.
Right because it's Democrats who want gay people to go away and die.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:52 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,266,920 times
Quote:
Mateen pledged allegiance to ISIS, had contacts to known terrorists, made dozens of comments about killing people, etc. The FBI were stupid to remove him from the list but it would not have prevented him from legally buying guns if they kept him on it. The FBI are as useless and incompetent as our gun laws.
Prior to the day he killed all those people, had he committed any felonies that would have prevented him from doing anything ?

Old 06-27-2016, 09:21 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,397,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Right because it's Democrats who want gay people to go away and die.
That's what your shooter believed, so yes in this case. But go ahead and be more upset about an automated tweet by a pastor.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:42 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,775,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Don't misrepresent what they're saying. They're clearly talking about gun control. If it's about something else, I'm at a loss. It might just be people wanting to be angry about something. But many liberals feel that Republicans have done nothing to address gun violence and have actively worked to prevent gun control that could have prevent Orlando from happening.

You don't have to agree with that point, but don't start throwing around 'He was a registered Democrat' as if that has anything to do with the overarching issue this little sign is trying to make.
No. The sign reads "Republican hate kills". There is no connection there to gun control, clear or otherwise. More likely they mean to imply that Republican hatred of gay people has created a homophobic society which rubbed off on Omar, or caused him to crack under the strain of having to deny his gayness, or some other similar nonsense.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:41 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,776,153 times
Quote:
The GOP voted down the bill that prevents people on the terrorist watchlist from legally buying guns.
I'll probably never own a firearm.
I still recognize a blatant violation of due process when I see one.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,346,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

You don't have to agree with that point, but don't start throwing around 'He was a registered Democrat' as if that has anything to do with the overarching issue this little sign is trying to make.
But it has everything to do with it. Especially in a political silly season. If the LGBT is going to blame Republicans for Orlando, you better expect kickback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies