Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 08:26 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1eutian View Post
There are several things about this story that always bothered me. It just didn't ring true. The briefcase clock didn't look like it was made to be that. It looks like it was made specifically to LOOK LIKE a BOMB, not a clock. If you are skeptical:."
Yes. It was done purposefully.

I wish he would not come back to the states. He is nothing but a troublemaker. So is his dad. They were going to sue the public school system - to get money. That hurts everyone else, in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Update y’all: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...in-hopefully-/

The family of Ahmed have not been successful in their many lawsuits.
OK I just read that. They keep suing and losing. What an idiot family they are. But I don't think they'll stop.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:24 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
They were going to sue the public school system - to get money. That hurts everyone else, in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
OK I just read that. They keep suing and losing. What an idiot family they are. But I don't think they'll stop.
I don't know if the suits were in state or federal court. Federal court has an effective method of sanctioning frivolous litigations. They have, as well, a rich body of case law permitting them to prevent "prolific litigants" from commencing more actions. Google "Anthony Martin-Trigona" for an example of this. He plagued the federal courts of Illinois, Connecticut and New York until restrained.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:35 PM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Update y’all: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...in-hopefully-/

The family of Ahmed have not been successful in their many lawsuits.
So clock boy makes what looks to be a suitcase bomb, gets arrested, gets free crap from folks who jumped to the conclusion of an anti-Muslim narrative, the public finds out the bomb is just the plagiarized innards of a clock at wal-mart, clock boy family flees the country to Qatar, decides they're not rich enough, sues, comes back to america, sues, again, and loses all their lawsuits.

You couldn't make up this crap if you tried. All clock boy had to do was say: "Sorry, it's a clock from wal-mart I took apart and plagiarized as my own for attention."

Old 07-22-2018, 12:57 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Ahmed Mohamed, the Muslim teenager who made headlines last year when he was suspended for bringing a homemade clock to school in Irving, returned to the United States Monday afternoon.

“Ahmed and his family have missed his grandmother, his aunts, uncles, cousins and friends here in Irving and across North Texas very much,” Aldean Mohamed said. “Ahmed and his nuclear family miss America and their whole family here in America very much.”

The 14-year-old said he's happy to be back home, and seeing his friends and family is first priority. He's been going to school in Qatar and says there's a 50/50 chance he'll finish high school in the U.S., but says he definitely wants to go to college here. He says he's interested in coding, engineering and technology.

Awwww How Cute, Obamaboy wants to return to the USA. He should be blocked form returning.

Ahmed Mohamed, Irving's infamous 'Clock Boy,' returning to the United States - Story | KDFW
It's amazing how nervous a teenager makes you.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:11 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So clock boy makes what looks to be a suitcase bomb, gets arrested, gets free crap from folks who jumped to the conclusion of an anti-Muslim narrative, the public finds out the bomb is just the plagiarized innards of a clock at wal-mart, clock boy family flees the country to Qatar, decides they're not rich enough, sues, comes back to america, sues, again, and loses all their lawsuits.

You couldn't make up this crap if you tried. All clock boy had to do was say: "Sorry, it's a clock from wal-mart I took apart and plagiarized as my own for attention."
Except I don't think it was for his own attention. I think dad was behind it. This whole story has always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not anti-Muslim. It's always struck me as a ruse on the part of the family. Much like the "balloon boy."

Old 07-22-2018, 03:24 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It is not that they scare us or make us nervous, it is that they fabricated an event with the intent of profiting monetarily from it at the taxpayer expense. I agree they should not be allowed back in the US, they have nothing to offer, we could let in someone that is less of a piece of dog poo and has something to offer this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Except I don't think it was for his own attention. I think dad was behind it. This whole story has always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not anti-Muslim. It's always struck me as a ruse on the part of the family. Much like the "balloon boy."
I think someone was behind it but feel the nuclear family should be booted out.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If you want him at your school, you are more than welcome to have him. Colorado is far enough away from Texas. I live near the area where this occurred and we'd love it if someone else took this troublemaker and his family, so we never had to deal with them again. I'm not sure they are wanted anywhere else so they'd love it if you welcomed them into your community.

Last edited by PriscillaVanilla; 07-22-2018 at 03:40 PM..

Old 07-22-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
It is not that they scare us or make us nervous, it is that they fabricated an event with the intent of profiting monetarily from it at the taxpayer expense. .
This is correct. There was, even before the clock incident, a history of the family doing things like this. They also have a history of vexatious litigation, filing one lawsuit after another.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:55 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
It is not that they scare us or make us nervous, it is that they fabricated an event with the intent of profiting monetarily from it at the taxpayer expense. I agree they should not be allowed back in the US, they have nothing to offer, we could let in someone that is less of a piece of dog poo and has something to offer this country.

The boy is an American citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies