Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 02:44 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Maybe it's time this kid and his family leave the adults alone. He could have kindly stepped away from the media spotlight, the sham white house invitation and media interviews.

There are 15 million reasons that start with dollar signs why he isn't.

and on top of that the father's political ambitions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 03:16 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1eutian View Post
There are several things about this story that always bothered me. It just didn't ring true. The briefcase clock didn't look like it was made to be that. It looks like it was made specifically to LOOK LIKE a BOMB, not a clock. If you are skeptical:

I don't know this kid, but he seems pretty smart and this is the best he could come up with? I don't know.

Story: Innocent Muslim boy naively takes his creation to school, where evil white redneck administrators demand his expulsion! It seems like the kid was set up as a victim, only to be redeemed, proving that Muslims don't make bombs after all, see, America!!!??? (to be clear, of course I don't think that all Muslims are terrorists. It's a fraction of a fraction of a percent, not much different from any other religion) And then he gets invited to the White House. Call me a skeptic, but the story seems like it was manufactured from the highest levels of the government, to quell the fires of anti-Islamic sentiment. Is it so far-fetched to think the government doesn't resort to PR manipulation of the public by staging public incidents? It has been done before.

The country is a bit of a powder keg with the wars we are waging in and outside the country. There is always a danger of things getting out of hand as happened in Sacramento. I think that the powers that be will do everything they can think of to maintain order, including staging "incidents."

This is exactly how I have always seen it; a manufactured story to claim discrimination and be set up for a lawsuit. Also, it is quite odd that his sister called in a bomb threat. Seems to be something that runs in the family, encouraged by papa. And no American family would move to another country over such an incident. Even the family of the Orlando shooter stayed right here in the good old USA even though the shooter got suspended from school 48 times.

I do have to disagree with you though that the number of muslim terrorists are no different from any other religion. In my years on earth I have never known a Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopal, or Anglican terrorist. Maybe I just haven't met enough church attendees. I guess I should join my local Knights of Columbus so that I can get to know some of the local suicide bombers.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:35 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Whats my point? The point is that Ahmed was too good to stay in the United States. He then moved to Qatar and accepted a scholarship from a organization with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. He now wants to come back because he thought Qatar would be way better of him than america. He should stay in Qatar, its where he belongs now.

Yes, close the door and lock it.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:21 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
He probably picked up a few more good pointers on Bomb making while he was away.

The kid has a future unless he blows himself up first.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:35 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Seems this family has a history of being victimized - cough cough - his sister was suspended for threatening to blow up the school a few years earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
She called in a bomb threat, I believe that's what actually happened.
If this true, this kind of changes my view on this.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:45 PM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
If this true, this kind of changes my view on this.
Liberty News » WHOA! Hoax Clock Bomb Boy’s Older Sister Admits She Was Suspended From Middle School For Making Bomb Threat

Old 06-29-2016, 06:00 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
They're probably being sent back here for reconnaissance.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:50 PM

876 posts, read 813,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I do have to disagree with you though that the number of muslim terrorists are no different from any other religion. In my years on earth I have never known a Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopal, or Anglican terrorist. Maybe I just haven't met enough church attendees. I guess I should join my local Knights of Columbus so that I can get to know some of the local suicide bombers.
I was lumping in all of the crazy people who have been shooting up the US as terrorists. To me there isn't much difference between the Aurora Batman movie shooter and the San Bernadino shooters, or Tim McVeigh and the 9/11 hijackers. Both were taking out their vengeance on innocent people for insane reasons, and left senseless death and destruction in their wake.

This story though is just sickening. The family is exploiting the US legal system, and setting us up to allow actual mayhem to occur when someone DOESN'T say something, for fear of being being accused of profiling based on religion or ethnicity.

With enough people like Ahmed's dad probing the system and exploiting weaknesses, some of them are going to succeed eventually in creating havoc. These types of lawsuits will end up biting us in the ass.

Last edited by A1eutian; 06-29-2016 at 08:12 PM..

Old 06-29-2016, 08:44 PM

23,597 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
He didn't say that.
Yes he did. If he didn't he wouldn't have used the word "racists".

Quote:
And almost overwhelmingly, the people who rail about Muslims rail about other races as well.
1. Muslim isn't a race.

2. Perhaps you should find better friends.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:44 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
His son was not wronged. They manufactured outrage.
I didn't say he was wronged. I was paraphrasing what the Dad said when he was talking about America being beautiful.

Personally, I don't think the kid is a budding terrorist, but I agree with the poster up thread who said he's an attention wh....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies