Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:06 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,535 times

Advertisements

Where does this guy get off telling us how to live our lives? And worst of all, using taxes as a way to socially engineer his own lifestyle choices on us. As a billionaire he can afford to pay any tax thrown at him, and furthermore afford to drink artisan teas, waters, and wine. The arrogance among rich, idealistic liberal elites is astounding.

REF: Bloomberg looks West after bankrolling Philadelphia soda tax win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 10:13 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
They are called "Limousine Liberals". Like an STD, they are hard to get rid of.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:22 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Animals who can only interact with their neighbors by using force and aggression against them to impose their will are called "liberals" (and "conservatives") in America. All of them should be thrown into the ground as the anti-human anti-freedom violent animal criminals that they are. Either form voluntary peaceful agreements or receive the harshest possible moral retaliatory force. People like him should have their rotting flesh hanging from lightposts for all of the other would-be tyrants and thugs to smell...

Old 06-28-2016, 10:29 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Where does this guy get off telling us how to live our lives? And worst of all, using taxes as a way to socially engineer his own lifestyle choices on us. As a billionaire he can afford to pay any tax thrown at him, and furthermore afford to drink artisan teas, waters, and wine. The arrogance among rich, idealistic liberal elites is astounding.

REF: Bloomberg looks West after bankrolling Philadelphia soda tax win
When your lifestyle affects us all adversely, then someone needs to intervene. And I'm talking about health insurance.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:32 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
When your lifestyle affects us all adversely, then someone needs to intervene. And I'm talking about health insurance.
The govt gets the tax proceeds, not the insurers. See the flaw in your argument now?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The govt gets the tax proceeds, not the insurers. See the flaw in your argument now?
Hello no. The delusional evil thugs in this society think that they are "noble" when they use aggression and violence against their neighbor to impose their will upon them. They think they are doing "good" when they use the jack-booted government thugs to violently coerce their neighbors to live as they want them to. They believe themselves to be Divine and superior to all of the lowly mere human beings...

Old 06-28-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I am not talking about any tax proceeds. Not my point at all. You want to drink gallons of soda each day, then you would probably become obese with other health problems. I don't want everyone's insurance rates to increase because you can't handle your health. What were you saying about my flaw? Sorry, you didn't understand.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:41 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am not talking about any tax proceeds. Not my point at all. You want to drink gallons of soda each day, then you would probably become obese with other health problems. I don't want everyone's insurance rates to increase because you can't handle your health. What were you saying about my flaw? Sorry, you didn't understand.
Lol. So obviously you still don't understand.
It's not up to the govt to tax anyone (i.e.profit from) for unhealthy behaviours. If anything insurers can raise your rates for being unhealthy.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:50 PM

Government caused the problem by making health costs soar through regulation, then you were forced to get insurance by the government, now you want to blame a soda drinker because he is added liability to a system that you are trapped in by the government. The "tax" is just another problem created by the government...it is a never-ending downward spiral...the fat-ass shouldn't affect your rates period. It is not his fault that he is under the dark shadow of the criminal enterprise known as the United States...

Old 06-28-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Lol. So obviously you still don't understand.
It's not up to the govt to tax anyone (i.e.profit from) for unhealthy behaviours. If anything insurers can raise your rates for being unhealthy.
First your post to me said LOL and now you changed it. Whatever, I understand more than you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies