Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 07:18 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They were acting fidgety.

You didn't see the whole tape. They may have provoked the officer, but the media never shows THAT!

The one guy was about to punch the cop.

They didn't follow the cop's orders fast enough.

They were resisting arrest.

The cop's life was in danger.

We've gotta give the cop the benefit of the doubt because they protect us.

Those guys are thugs with long rap sheets.

This concludes my post where I pretend to be a conservative giving commentary on police brutality. Thank you for being a wonderful audience.
^^^LOL

You hit the nail on the head!

Old 06-28-2016, 07:22 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
So?

Old 06-28-2016, 07:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
^^^LOL

You hit the nail on the head!
Let's just say these two were knuckleheads that got into an argument with somebody on the street and began shoving that person, which is against the law. The cop sees it and gives the two a break by just asking them to move along. Such an action would be a bested use of resources than arresting them while descalating a potentially volitile situation. That would be an action I think would be appropriate. Now, what if the two refused to take that gift and move on?

Do I know this was the situation? No.

Do you know this wasn't the situation? No.

You see cop and think "bad".

I'll wait until more is known.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's just say these two were knuckleheads that got into an argument with somebody on the street and began shoving that person, which is against the law. The cop sees it and gives the two a break by just asking them to move along. Such an action would be a bested use of resources than arresting them while descalating a potentially volitile situation. That would be an action I think would be appropriate. Now, what if the two refused to take that gift and move on?

Do I know this was the situation? No.

Do you know this wasn't the situation? No.

You see cop and think "bad".

I'll wait until more is known.
Did you get DD's point?

Old 06-28-2016, 07:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Did you get DD's point?
Apparently not, so please clarify it for me.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:25 PM

546 posts, read 764,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They were acting fidgety.

You didn't see the whole tape. They may have provoked the officer, but the media never shows THAT!

The one guy was about to punch the cop.

They didn't follow the cop's orders fast enough.

They were resisting arrest.

The cop's life was in danger.

We've gotta give the cop the benefit of the doubt because they protect us.

Those guys are thugs with long rap sheets.

This concludes my post where I pretend to be a conservative giving commentary on police brutality. Thank you for being a wonderful audience.
RACIST WHITE MAN RESiSTED CUZ COP BLACK - #liberals

Last edited by nycnyc11209; 06-28-2016 at 08:34 PM..

Old 06-28-2016, 08:27 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
It did look like it was an overreaction by the cop and was unnecessary. If anything the cop probably should have waited until he had backup. I wouldn't assume race had anything to do with his reaction but (the cop) reacted angrily and kind of snapped. I know cops have a tough job and get baited often but they have to be trained to control their reactions. Worth an internal police investigation to see if he acted appropriately.

I always think you have to police your police...blackliesmatter always assumes that cops are racist (even when they're black) and has caused less surveillance and many more blacks killed because of BLM.

Whitelivesmatter just want effective police to save lives, not cost lives.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:42 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,209 times
Guys totally deserved it. But two things stand out to me:

1. Wow, that cop is small. Handles his own, too.
2. That was risky pushing one guy down and taking down the other. Unless there were other cops, the first guy might just've got up and strangled him.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
How many times do you think a cop should have to repeat his instructions to walk away?

I'm no fan of bad cops and hate the silent ones who don't protest the bad ones, but you have to be seriously stupid to stand there and argue without expecting something like this to happen.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Guys totally deserved it. But two things stand out to me:

1. Wow, that cop is small. Handles his own, too.
2. That was risky pushing one guy down and taking down the other. Unless there were other cops, the first guy might just've got up and strangled him.

Yeah, because we hear about the second guy getting up and strangling the armed cop all the time, don't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies