Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 07:06 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,505,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
If Bill wanted to talk to Lynch, all he would have to do is pick up the phone. This strikes me more as super extroverted Bill thinking nothing of having a conversation in the midst of everyone. I'm sure Hillary kicked his ass for this public embarrassment but isn't this the essence of Bill Clinton? As shrewd as he is, he's never been one to miss an opportunity to smooze, it's who he is. Hillary on the other hand, well, I would not want to be Bill today...
Yeppers.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:08 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,505,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
To characterized this encounter as an actual meeting is a bit of a stretch. Anyone silly enough to think there is more there than an encounter obviously has no idea how difficult it is to rise to the top as a woman in a mans world. The AG has spent her career fighting corruption. If she is not afraid of the New York Mafia, she probably cant be influenced by Bill. The movie Good Fellas is based on one of her cases.

The rumors are just more conservative attacks on strong women. Maybe that big strong man charmed her out of her integrity.
Now don't go and ruin another developing rightwing fantasy, not after the base is already foaming and frothing...

Old 07-01-2016, 07:14 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,510,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes, I have to agree. When your wife is running for office against a person who feeds off of and thrives on conspiracy theories, one should not meet with a couple one has known for years. Just wave to each other from the plane windows or be accused of god knows what.
Wow, what gibberish. The meeting was completely inappropriate.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:16 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,510,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
To characterized this encounter as an actual meeting is a bit of a stretch. Anyone silly enough to think there is more there than an encounter obviously has no idea how difficult it is to rise to the top as a woman in a mans world. The AG has spent her career fighting corruption. If she is not afraid of the New York Mafia, she probably cant be influenced by Bill. The movie Good Fellas is based on one of her cases.

The rumors are just more conservative attacks on strong women. Maybe that big strong man charmed her out of her integrity.
You know, the difference between a person like you and myself is that I live in the real world and will acknowledge when something smells dirty and I don't care who does it.

How can you go through life being such a blind partisan? You played the woman card and then you put your hands over your ears and shut your eyes to the rest.

It's beyond pathetic and not adult behavior.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:42 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,940,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Finally: Shame on those Republican primary voters. Out of 16 men and women running, you come up with Trump as the nominee. This election should have been a slam dunk for the Republicans. I cannot bring myself, even now, to vote for Trump, but there were several that I would have voted for in November.

Perhaps the Cleveland delegates will dump Trump after all, since the prize is within their reach, if only they have the courage to act.
They voted for Trump because the other 16 men and women would not have even thought about overturning the apple cart. These elections are no longer about picking a party. These elections are about finding a way to change the entire system. A vote for Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio or any of the others would not have changed anything substantively. I don't even think Ted Cruz would have changed anything.

Trump was nominated because he is the only one who MIGHT stand a chance at substantive change. This change might be purposeful or it might be a consequence of who he is and how he behaves. More likely, things would not change even with a Trump presidency, but there is more chance with him than with any other candidate.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:52 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,136,365 times
It is amazing how the left talks about justice.. we want justice they say.. I don't see any justice with this administration..no accountability at all for their shady actions and underhanded corruption .

Old 07-01-2016, 09:55 AM

6,567 posts, read 6,730,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You know, the difference between a person like you and myself is that I live in the real world and will acknowledge when something smells dirty and I don't care who does it.

How can you go through life being such a blind partisan? You played the woman card and then you put your hands over your ears and shut your eyes to the rest.

It's beyond pathetic and not adult behavior.
That's who the political left are....stupid & slavish. Don't forget that when Obamacare was passed the MIT professor said the American public was stupid & easily manipulated....he was talking about the democratic voting base.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:01 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,136,365 times
Did they find out where Bill was playing golf in Arizona? That is the Lynch story. Wonder if it is true or not.. could be , could not be..If Bill didn't play golf another lie.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:10 AM

57,201 posts, read 26,160,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
She got where she is by embracing corruption.

For the record, I'm a strong conservative woman. And I would have the guts to tell Slick Willy that I wouldn't meet with him. Which is it? She's a "polite" woman that is too meek to offend Clinton? Or a strong woman who can ignore his attempts to influence her? Can't have it both ways.
Lynch got where she is by embracing corruption, that's a pretty incredible statement.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:11 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,085,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Lynch got where she is by embracing corruption, that's a pretty incredible statement.
Here it comes....(yawn)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.