Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 07:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Liberals think there are no Criminals. Just "Misunderstood" people who need help to get on the right path again. Their evaluation is that an armed Homeowner is more likely to be killed in a home invasion that an unarmed one. They actually believe this crap. AN Armed Criminal, or several of them, break into your home with guns, and its your fault if you get killed if you have a gun. They want everyone to believe that a Criminal committing a Felon while armed with a gun, has no intent to harm anyone. They just forgot to leave the gun home.

Its not so much that them actually believing that crap, that offends me, but the fact that they actually expect you to believe that garbage, because they have some Liberal Rag that took a Poll, or Obama and Hillary say its true.

A criminal to me, has taken what is not theirs to take, Has harmed someone, or someones property, or has taken the harm too far and ended someones life, unjustly.

Everything else is people control, not crime control.

All the laws that keep us safe from ourselves, making felons out of those wanting liberty, all to then deny them the privilege to buy a new firearm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 07:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am not an english teacher, and i have never claimed to be. give me some steel tubing, and a welder, among other fabrication tools, and i can build you a nice race car chassis, complete with suspension components. give me the parts and i can build you an engine for what ever class you want to compete in.

want an airplane instead? i can build you that also. street rod? yep.

and i agree with you, to a point. lanza STOLE his guns from his mother, thus they were obtained ILLEGALLY. holmes wired his apartment with enough explosives to bring down the building, most likely killing everyone inside.

and i also agree that some people should not be allowed to own firearms. once again i remind you, and others, that in order to prevent someone who shouldnt be allowed to own firearms from obtaining them, you MUST go through proper due process, and either convict them of a crime, or get them adjudicated as mentally defective, or deficient. only then can you abrogate the rights of a citizen.

I must apologize to you for commenting on grammar the way I did. I usually don't do that, but thought you were a young 20-something trying to school the old guy. Kindly accept my apologies.

You clearly have skills most of us don't have. We all have our levels of expertise.

Lanza's mother was remiss, if I recall correctly. Either he knew where the key was or it was unlocked. I suppose if it was secure he could still get them? I'm asking because I don't know.

I will end this post by reminding YOU that we all write about what we would like to see happen in this world, and it's just that - a desire on my part to see some change. We can agree to disagree, but continuing to take quotes I'm directing to someone else and picking them apart, is beating a dead horse. You're doing laps you've already done. No need. I get your position.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I must apologize to you for commenting on grammar the way I did. I usually don't do that, but thought you were a young 20-something trying to school the old guy. Kindly accept my apologies.
no need to apologize, its the internet and we all need broad shoulders and thick skins. and for the record i am 57

Quote:
You clearly have skills most of us don't have. We all have our levels of expertise.
well said. and i try to keep learning about things i have an interest in.

Quote:
Lanza's mother was remiss, if I recall correctly. Either he knew where the key was or it was unlocked. I suppose if it was secure he could still get them? I'm asking because I don't know.
most gun safes are not as safe as people think. granted like an older bank vault, its better than nothing, and will stop the average person, but if one is determined enough they can break into most any safe.

Quote:
I will end this post by reminding YOU that we all write about what we would like to see happen in this world, and it's just that - a desire on my part to see some change. We can agree to disagree, but continuing to take quotes I'm directing to someone else and picking them apart, is beating a dead horse. You're doing laps you've already done. No need. I get your position.
when i pick a quote apart, it is not only for the authors benefit, but also for many who read the original quote, as well. sometimes repetition is necessary for some people. i dont mean to insult you personally, so if i did, i also apologize.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
rbohm, no need to apologize on your end....unless you keep picking apart my posts, in which case I'll wonder if you're stalking me.

I did wonder if Lanza could have gotten into the gun case regardless of whether or not it was secure.

Too many of the killings involve young men who have some rainbow spectrum disorder, are on medication and depressed. To me, it just makes sense to keep guns out of their hands.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
rbohm, no need to apologize on your end....unless you keep picking apart my posts, in which case I'll wonder if you're stalking me.

Quote:
Too many of the killings involve young men who have some rainbow spectrum disorder, are on medication and depressed. To me, it just makes sense to keep guns out of their hands.
i do agree with you on this.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:42 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:

I did wonder if Lanza could have gotten into the gun case regardless of whether or not it was secure.

I also wondered about that, and if there was a Gun Safe or just a Cabinet. I don't think it would have made a whole lot of difference since it seems like his Mother did not see the problems or ignored the problems because Mothers tend to not see some things they find troublesome.

Separating the Mentally disturbed from the normal citizen is never going to be possible, since no Doctor is going to violate Patient/Doctor confidentiality, s there will never be a data base for that, in my opinion. I think that the Nation needs to go back to Federal Gun regulations that we already had, before the Assault Rifle Ban, and the States be disallowed to make any Laws that supersede those Federal Laws, like .any other Federal Law. At least the people would stop hoarding Guns every time a gun grabber sneezes. That would equal Millions of guns less sold every year, which is what they want, but are instead accomplishing the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies