Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

someone just makes crap up and look at all the people willing to respond. Amazing.

Don't you find it odd that Wal-Mart has replaced all their cashiers with Martians? I mean, what's up with that?

Old 06-30-2016, 11:33 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
someone just makes crap up and look at all the people willing to respond. Amazing.

Don't you find it odd that Wal-Mart has replaced all their cashiers with Martians? I mean, what's up with that?
It's not made up. While my experience of having pretty much every guy I know having a problem with the opposite sex in regards to the workplace is probably not the norm, it would be silly to say that the majority of men don't feel this way. Just look at the responses of the majority of males chiming in on this thread.

While a lot of women will flat out say they don't like working with other women or for a female boss, an equal amount seem to say it makes no difference; however, I think a lot of these women feel that they're betraying their own sex by admitting that guys are easier to work for or with. I don't think guys are easier to work with. There's just a different dynamic.

I've never had more of a problem with either sex. I've had both male and female co-workers that have sucked to work with or for. I think the reason that so many men don't like working with women is because you can't treat them like men. These men either haven't learned this, or they feel that they should be able to act the same with either sex. They can't seem to dismiss a woman for acting like a woman. They take it personally when they get yelled at or they get angry over petty passive aggressiveness. Overall, they're simply jealous of the fact that they can't get away with communicating to another man or woman that way without there being serious repercussions. I look at it this way, for every privilege women get in the workplace, men have and an equal privilege. I couldn't imagine someone second guessing my ability to do a task that I'm qualified to do because of my gender. I used to see this all the time when I worked in shipping and receiving years ago. You would have these old guys that would somehow question if a female employee could drive a forklift or strap a pallet down. It was madness.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:51 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
It's made up poppycock.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:11 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
I'm female and work in a male heavy industry. Men can be catty little Bit**es in the workplace too. Some have been fine, but some have been brownnosers or gossip or play favorites or are just plain jerks. Many have an inflated view of themselves and their competence. No one wants to work for/with these men and sadly it's not just for 5 days out of the month.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:25 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,248,892 times
I get along with the majority of women that I work along side with. It's most women managers that I despise. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. The last one I worked for I actually chewed out in a team meeting because she pushed me that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:26 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,248,892 times
oh look a man hating feminist stereotyping men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Dismissing a woman's position or feelings based on a menstruation cycle is incredibly sexist. The stereotype associated with a women's period only affects around 3-8% of all women. It's a condition called PMDD. Real women know how to handle themselves on their period, unless they have PMDD as stated above. It would be the equivalent of saying, "Men have no emotions and they don't love anyone, they only think with their dicks." And therefore dismiss anything feelings a man may show them.

I hope OP knows that the men they know are actually misogynists. They clearly won't say it openly because they know it's discriminatory. I'm not saying women can't be bad coworkers, but to dismiss all women because of the few they deal with is sexist. I get prejudiced all the time for bad things other people do, even at work sometimes in fact it's hurt my employment (sexist remarks like the OP has heard) before. Workplace discrimination is very much a real thing still.

The men OP talked to probably don't want women stepping into "their" territory. They would be much happier if they were at home in the kitchen.

Also doc1, I didn't see your first post on this thread. I apologize and retract my other statement. I only saw your joke one and I didn't take to that lightly. I will be deleting it.

As you can see this upsets me, because I'm someone who actually deals with these prejudices from time to time. Unfortunately, they still exist. And a lot of men actually say these things. I don't like Hillary at all, but go see what some people have said about a having a woman president... Incredibly hurtful. It's a damn shame women had to fight for so long to even have these rights and some men still don't respect us as equals.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:30 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
"Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another." - H.L. Mencken

I don't hate women by any means. I'm a momma's boy. And my favorite people in this world, are all women.

With that said, the idea that men and women are more-or-less equal is downright absurd.

And honestly, men are overly patient when it comes to women, and hold them to a different standard(a lower standard). I always tell my friend, if there was ever a man who behaved like a woman, he would get popped in the face.
Here we go again... "We're physically stronger and can kick ur butt so.... You can't be equal". That's your answer huh... Punch them in the face! I am betting that you and guys like you would have no problem assaulting a woman... If you weren't afraid of the consequences.
The good news.... Your physical superiority is about the last safe haven that some of you guys have in your fight against equality. Just your " honestly, men are overly patient with women" comment reeks of
superiority and male priveldge. You love women alright, as long as you can keep them under your thumb.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:31 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Here we go again... "We're physically stronger and can kick ur butt so.... You can't be equal". That's your answer huh... Punch them in the face! I am betting that you and guys like you would have no problem assaulting a woman... If you weren't afraid of the consequences.
The good news.... Your physical superiority is about the last safe haven that some of you guys have in your fight against equality. Just your " honestly, men are overly patient with women" comment reeks of
superiority and male priveldge. You love women alright, as long as you can keep them under your thumb.
I'll be sure to quote your post next time a women at works asks me to change the water bottle on the cooler because it is too heavy for her.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:34 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.

I love women....at work and at play.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:40 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:

Don't know who they surveyed for this nonsense.

I love working with women.

A lot of them are much better at focusing on tasks through completion and some I know will work circles around men in the right environment.

Men can be very ego driven, spend more time goofing off and finding ways to do less and argue about it more.

Men also seem to have more of a sense of entitlement about raises and promotions...across the racial spectrum.

Of course, I'm generalizing a bit here and there are always exceptions but this have been the gist of my experience over the past 30 odd years in the workforce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.