Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 12:41 PM

13,408 posts, read 9,940,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's made up poppycock.
Indeed.

This whole thread is complete rubbish.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:41 PM

1,166 posts, read 754,567 times
I would much rather work with a group of women than a bunch of dudebros, ex frat boys or the stereotypical sports loving middle aged manchilds. Talk about drama and dysfunction.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:44 PM

384 posts, read 383,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.
I guess I'm in the 10%. I have no problem working with women.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:44 PM

13,408 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I get along with the majority of women that I work along side with. It's most women managers that I despise. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. The last one I worked for I actually chewed out in a team meeting because she pushed me that far.
Well jeez dude, I wonder why? (Exhibit A, this thread.)

And as you obviously resent women being your superiors, I take the above with a jumbo sized salt shaker.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:45 PM

384 posts, read 383,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I would much rather work with a group of women than a bunch of dudebros, ex frat boys or the stereotypical sports loving middle aged manchilds. Talk about drama and dysfunction.
me too

Old 06-30-2016, 12:50 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'll be sure to quote your post next time a women at works asks me to change the water bottle on the cooler because it is too heavy for her.
You too?

Old 06-30-2016, 12:51 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'll be sure to quote your post next time a women at works asks me to change the water bottle on the cooler because it is too heavy for her.
Thanks for helping to prove my point! We're not going to dry up and blow away because you won't "change the water bottle", " open doors for us", or pay for our dinner. If push came to shove we'd just two of us to change the water bottle at work, and then go about our daily business.
Nobody is going to die of thirst because some guy won't replace the empty water bottle in protest. Some of you guys are such children... I swear!

Old 06-30-2016, 12:59 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Any man or woman with some rationality knows that a d**ck or a vag**a doesn't make anyone nicer, hardworking or more responsible.

I had co-workers both male and female who were horrible people. Whiners, entitled, backstabbers, some even married each other I swear. I've known people from both sexes who were nice, pleasant and fair. It has nothing to do with your gender.

Now, some men might prefer to be around other men so they can talk about "dude's subjects" I'm sure that is nice and all but if one of those "dudes" is a total pain in the ass, I'm pretty sure the man would prefer to have a normal woman LOL A pain in the ass employee is unbearable, makes your life miserable and they don't get extra points for having certain genitalia.

The work environment is gonna highly depend on upper management. If the person on top has a ego bigger than the state of Texas(male or female) you will probably be working in hell.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:59 PM

39,854 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post

I would dare a guy to say something like this to my face. And then I would verbally destroy him past recovery. My voice would echo through the space-time continuum, summoning all other women to specifically treat this man like sh*t to show him what "unpleasant" REALLY means. And I would especially inform his mother.
Because that will really show him that he was wrong in his generalization...

Old 06-30-2016, 01:03 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,001 times
New lady in one of my teams. East European origin, 25 years old, blond, blue eyes, 5.11 or 6 foot tall, slim, very beautiful, very smart and dress like a professional (no cleavage, no short skirts etc).
Most of the other ladies in my teams are in their late 30, 40, unattractive and overweight.
They tried to make her very unwelcome. A lot of rumors, whispers and catty behavior against her.
I made her a lead, got rid of the main b**s and hired instead Indian men.
Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies