Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 01:47 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Happy 4th July- Will you be celebrating Trump's nation state USA or Crooked Hillary's world citizen globalist NWO ?

Once again by popular demand another poll for you.

Crooked Hillary is getting clobbered in my polls.

Lets see how she does with this fair and balanced one.

I designed this poll so you can't vote that seems to be what the left wanted.

Your comment is your vote to be fair and balanced.
Neither. To the extent that I'll celebrate at all, it will be to celebrate the courage, the wisdom, and the character of the Founding Fathers, who risked their lives to give us this country that we have so thoroughly ****ed up since that day.

And I'll send them both a silent "thank you" and an embarrassed "I'm sorry" to those Founders, as they sit up there covering their faces with their hands and shaking their heads back and forth as they ask one another how in the world we could have gotten something so special so completely, disastrously wrong. I wonder if they would have gone to the trouble had they known how it was all going to turn out.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 07-02-2016 at 01:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 02:22 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name
Neither! I will celebrate as usual with a breakfast gathering in which we read the Declaration of Independence and give thanks to God for His invisible hand upon our founders and their unwavering vision of Freedom and Liberty.
Excellent

Old 07-02-2016, 02:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Neither. To the extent that I'll celebrate at all, it will be to celebrate the courage, the wisdom, and the character of the Founding Fathers, who risked their lives to give us this country that we have so thoroughly ****ed up since that day.

And I'll send them both a silent "thank you" and an embarrassed "I'm sorry" to those Founders, as they sit up there covering their faces with their hands and shaking their heads back and forth as they ask one another how in the world we could have gotten something so special so completely, disastrously wrong. I wonder if they would have gone to the trouble had they known how it was all going to turn out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyhCOPh48ew

Old 07-02-2016, 04:09 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
ABC anybody but Clinton!

Old 07-03-2016, 07:07 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Nope. He's objectively worse. While both candidates are crooked on some level, and neither one of them really care about the people or are going to "change America," Trump is still the inferior choice when you set aside party affiliation. Here are the additional issues Trump brings to the table:

- Trump has no experience at politics of any level. His many insane rants about "what he's going to do if he's elected" make it clear that he has no idea what the role of the president is; he seems to think it's the same as being a dictator in a banana-republic or the unquestioned head of his own ego-corporation. We don't need a nut like that in charge; at least Hillary understands the office and the role of the job.

Trump is grossly dishonest. Sure, Hillary's not honest, but he can't even reveal his tax records? I mean, come on!

Trump is staggeringly ignorant. While neither candidate is a genius, his lack of factual grounding in his rants is astounding. Everything from the birther idiocy to claiming that "thousands of Muslims in NJ were rioting in celebration of 9-11" - he wouldn't know a fact if it ran him over.

- Trump is a bigot. This goes back way before his hate-filled rants about Muslims, Mexicans, etc. Heck, in the mid 1970's, he had a policy to design rent to blacks, and he pretended he was Swedish (not German) to "get loans from (insert racist term here) Jews." We don't need a bigot for any office, and certainly not for an office that involves regular negotiations with people of other faiths and skin colors. Hillary may be a bigot - who knows - but she doesn't spoke off bigotry or use it to gain votes.

In 1973, the U.S. Department of Justice's (DOJ) Civil Rights Division filed a civil rights suit against the Trump organization... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tr...on#Controversy

- Trump cannot handle criticism and will gladly alter the laws to protect his position: This goes beyond the usual political mudslinging; heck, he's even promised to basically revoke the First Amendment so wealthy people can sue if anyone dares speak out against them. That's the stuff of 3rd world banana republics, not America.

Promising to gut the 1st Amendment: Trump threatens to weaken First Amendment protections for reporters | PBS NewsHour

Revoking the press credentials of anyone who dares challenge him: Donald Trump revokes Washington Post press credentials - Jun. 13, 2016

Again, that's 3rd world tyrant behavior, and thus not acceptable in this nation.

Just some points to consider; objectively, he is the inferior choice from an admittedly lousy selection.
actually, Trump is more than 1000% better than hilary.

who cares if he does not have experience in politics? I sure as hell do not, and the last thing I want in washington dc is another political ***** and insider out for themself, and that is what hilary is.

lets see, who truly cares about his tax records at this point? if he becomes the nominee, then he is required to release them, but he is not the nominee yet. but he is sure a hell of a lot more honest than hilary is.
hilary is more dishonest than Richard Nixon, and at least he resigned.

bigot? really, ever take a look at the current sitting president called obama? he is more of a racist than any past president.

maybe if the media would stop only focusing on Trump and start doing news stories on hilary and the crap that she has done, then he wont feel like he is being singled out like he is.

guess what, someone threatens to weaken the 1st Amendment protections with reporters and you scream, but have the president scream for more gun control and that Americans do not really need firearms and you liberals are ok with that. how hypocritical can anyone be.

revoking press credentials? hilary and obama have both been not allowing certain news media to be at political rallies and the like. in fact, hilary would not even allow any recorders of any type in to record what she had to say at a political dinner for democratic elites.

as an end note, yes we do not know what Trump will do if he gets elected, but we sure as hell know what hilary will do, and hilary will screw over the USA as much as she can.

if given the choice of an unknown outcome and the known outcome, and the known outcome is worse than the unknown outcome, I would choose the unknown outcome, as nobody truly knows what the unknown outcome will be, and hilary is the known outcome that nobody in the USA wants or needs.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
What does your former status as a vet have to do with rejoicing in the deaths of those who would protect innocent refugees and others devastated by war?

You just finished saying you don:t care about the deaths of the blue helmets -- which is it? And whether you wish or do not wish to exit the UN, you have no vote, you have no influence to affect that change, none at all.

The Korean War was fought under the auspices of the UN, with Matt Ridgeway in command. The International War Crimes Tribunal is an appendage of the UN and it was given this authority by the US Congress.

I am not going to argue with a creature who is so detached from the conventions of society that they:d advocate head shots. That utterly removes you from the active gene pool of non-sociopathic humanity and tags you as a person with deeply seated disorders of the psychological kind. Must be so proud!
The UN from 1950 is far different than the UN of today. Their agenda is clear, as is the depths of their crimes.

PLEASE show me where anyone is advocating head shots.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:36 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Like others in the thread, I will be enjoying the holiday with my family and taking a day off from the political bickering.

I spent my day with my daughters shooting at blue helmets, most at ranges of 600 meters or more.

there, you happy? I did not mention un helmets.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The UN from 1950 is far different than the UN of today. Their agenda is clear, as is the depths of their crimes.

PLEASE show me where anyone is advocating head shots.

There was a good reason we never joined the League of Nations, the predecessor to the UN.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:52 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Go Trump Go. Anybody but Hillary.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:56 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Hope you all had fun celebrating your lawless banana republic yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies