Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 09:33 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
What an interesting scenario you posit. Add to that Comey's resignation in protest and 3 of his top prosecutors resign....that would be entertaining.
I wouldn't rely on that happening. A savvy source in DC told me Comey loves his job...a lot. He's not about to throw it away over this affair.

Adding to the fierce speculation is this short article from The Daily Caller EXCLUSIVE: Was Bill Plea Bargaining With Loretta Lynch? | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 09:33 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Like I said "it was very painful to me that anyone would doubt us".

Guess who she is on the phone to after the interview.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:40 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Based on his history and what I have read about Comey he is the only one that will be doing the strong arming. Under the Bush administration as acting AG he was threatening resignation and was taking a bunch of people with him over NSA spying. I have the utmost confidence this investigation is unbiased.
I believe Comey is unbiased.. but no one knows what Obama people will say,, threaten their family with an accident, things happen, and plenty happened around the Clintons.

With extreme power there can be extreme pressure and that could bring in the worst in any situation. Corruption can make people do the worst.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:49 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
The democrats are not spending millions of dollars to get Hillary elected thinking she will be indicted. They know something and is doesn't sound like Hillary is going to the big house.. they want her in the White House and I don't think they would be spending it to throw it away.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
She'll skate.. I have very little doubt.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:37 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Comey is a lawyer who went to University of Chicago and was Vice
President of Lockheed Martin. He's also an ex- Bush Adm.
deputy A.G.

That is not the type of background we need in a real F.B.I.

F.B.I. is supposed to be led by law enforcement.

He's just another corrupt Pentagon shill, nothing will happen,
except of course burying the information.

Fuhgeddaboudit.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:42 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Lynch was always going to accept the career prosecutor's recommendation so this isn't a big deal. Clinton will not be charged with a crime. No crime was committed. The State Department is and has always been sloppy about how it handles classified information. It was true in the 70s when I was in the service and it is true today under Secretary Kerry. That isn't a crime.
I've been saying the same thing (having made the same observations since the 70s).

If there is criminal vulnerability, it will be in whether Clinton circumvented the FOIA, not the security matters.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:47 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
The entire administration thinks the public is dumb. Remember the remarks by Gruber on the stupidity of the american voter?
Gruber was 100% accurate. The vast majority of American voters are low-info morons.

The proof is the fact that Obama won a second term while accomplishing nothing meaningful in his first term other than campaigning and fundraising.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:48 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Comey is a lawyer who went to University of Chicago and was Vice
President of Lockheed Martin. He's also an ex- Bush Adm.
deputy A.G.

That is not the type of background we need in a real F.B.I.

F.B.I. is supposed to be led by law enforcement.

He's just another corrupt Pentagon shill, nothing will happen,
except of course burying the information.

Fuhgeddaboudit.
J Edgar Hoover was never a cop. He was a educated as a lawyer who went directly to work for the government.

Most were lawyers--only a couple had actually been FBI field agents.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:30 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
If they wanted to hold a secret meeting it would be much easier in DC. Occam's Razor tells us it was nothing.
I think it was intentional, so they will appoint special prosecutor, and then need to delay any indictments until after elections, so the SP can get up to speed on reviewing case. That avoids the info coming out before elections.
Bill and lynch are not stupid. They are smart enough to manipulate the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies