Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 01:09 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,000,969 times

Advertisements

concealed carrier is being credited with preventing further violence at a South Carolina nightclub.

Spartanburg County deputies say 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson got into an argument outside Playoffz nightclub in Lyman early Sunday morning. He then opened fire into the nearby crowd, wounding three people.

A man fired back at Thompson in self-defense, striking him in the leg.

Deputies say the hero had a valid concealed weapons permit and will not be facing charges. None of the injuries were said to be life-threatening.

I wonder what the laws are with concealed weapons in night clubs. I thought they weren't allowed? Maybe if this guy was in Orlando.....

Concealed Carrier Shuts Down Active Shooter at SC Nightclub | Fox News Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 01:10 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,309,926 times
Why didn't everybody have a gun? Then everybody could have been shooting. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 07-01-2016, 01:22 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,506,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
concealed carrier is being credited with preventing further violence at a South Carolina nightclub.

Spartanburg County deputies say 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson got into an argument outside Playoffz nightclub in Lyman early Sunday morning. He then opened fire into the nearby crowd, wounding three people.

Deputies say the hero had a valid concealed weapons permit and will not be facing charges. None of the injuries were said to be life-threatening.

I wonder what the laws are with concealed weapons in night clubs. I thought they weren't allowed? Maybe if this guy was in Orlando.....

I believe in SC they are allowed in bars but the carrier can not drink alcohol.

There are a lot of things about this story I have questions about. First .based on reports, it occurred at 3:30am in front of a bar that closes at 1am. Second the only witness story I have seen in print was wounded while inside of a car. This witness say she knew of the assailant but the people he was arguing with she did not. She also said she knew most all of the partrons.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
in most cases it is up to the business on whether to allow concealed carry or not. however they MUST post proper signage if they do not allow concealed carry.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:11 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,160,319 times
Thee is already another long thread about this.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:14 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

LOL, I don't know how many times I've heard the anti-gun crowd say "concealed carry doesn't prevent crimes it only causes them!" This is just one of hundreds of cases where greater disaster was averted by a responsible armed US citizen.

Good thing this wasn't a Gun Free Zone or the guy shooting back would have been prosecuted.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:16 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Why didn't everybody have a gun? Then everybody could have been shooting. What could possibly go wrong?
It's their choice, something you and the left cannot figure out.....

Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 PM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Warms my heart to hear stories such as these

Old 07-01-2016, 05:56 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,309,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's their choice, something you and the left cannot figure out.....
I've been an owner and shooter since 1965. I swung Ma Deuce from 1970 to 1972. I don't need no bitty gun in my pocket to protect myself.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:25 AM

24,447 posts, read 23,121,323 times
Why weren't there police at the night club? Just in case. All we need are police to keep the bad guys in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies