Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 04:34 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
There are millions of laws which determine the legality or illegality
of consented actions between adults.

Understand, you don't own the money, the government allows you to use their money.
IT ALONE has the RIGHT to determine when its money may be transacted.
Your argument doesn't hold water; straw man argument if not also other logical fallacies. Because the government determines the use of money and how it is transacted between adults does not preclude or allow it to violate other actions and individual rights.... not the rights of consenting adults.

The right for two individuals to have consenting sexual intercourse is not precluded because of the money transacted is owned by the government.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Wow, I feel sorry for your daughter if you have one. This controlling mentality is OTT.

Ever considered a promising career as a Morality Police Officer in Iran?
Part of the statist paradigm is a citizenry pitted against one another. This is done via the government/media propaganda machine ruled by a few elite families/members.

The goal is to keep the peasants at each others throats as they go thru day after day as wage slaves.

It is necessary for tax collection by the elites.

This is why we have suburban hells filled with white collar middle-aged to retired folks living in subdivisions (not necessarily in HOAs) who do nothing but b^*#% and moan to the local gov over fence heights, dog waste removal, and garbage cans put to the curb before the "legal" time.

Humans don't even interact with each other living side by side. We've become totally government dependent. And that was the plan from the get go.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:36 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,180 times
Quote:
Wow, I kinda feel sorry for your daughter if you (ever) have one. This controlling mentality is OTT.

Ever considered a promising career as a Morality Police Officer in Iran?

If you're against sex workers, don't do business with them. Très simple.
Oh know you frequent prostitutes. Just think about it, they are also someone's daughter. If they are not prostitutes, they still have a chance to find a decent husband and make their children proud of them.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Is it any worse than the secretary who sleeps with the boss to climb the corporate ladder?
There is a difference because it violates company policies and can expose the company to further loss of business as well as embarrassment. It hurts company culture. It is creates a hostile environment framed around leverage rather than performance. The same can be said to nepotism. The same could be said if I provided kickbacks for other products/services to the boss in exchange of a promotion.

But... if the private entity culture makes it acceptable, (I don't see how it could) then I don't see how the government should be involved. I personally wouldn't work there because I prefer to be rated by my performance (not in bed... lol).

I would like to know why sex as a "gift" for lawmakers is ok and made transparent.... while prostitution still remains illegal

Missouri lawmaker: Sex with lobbyists is a "gift" - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-02-2016, 04:49 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Oh know you frequent prostitutes. Just think about it, they are also someone's daughter. If they are not prostitutes, they still have a chance to find a decent husband and make their children proud of them.
So you're assuming I frequent prostitutes now?

Lol.

Or maybe, just maybe, I simply think that private parts shouldn't be public policy.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:51 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Part of the statist paradigm is a citizenry pitted against one another. This is done via the government/media propaganda machine ruled by a few elite families/members.

The goal is to keep the peasants at each others throats as they go thru day after day as wage slaves.

It is necessary for tax collection by the elites.

This is why we have suburban hells filled with white collar middle-aged to retired folks living in subdivisions (not necessarily in HOAs) who do nothing but b^*#% and moan to the local gov over fence heights, dog waste removal, and garbage cans put to the curb before the "legal" time.

Humans don't even interact with each other living side by side. We've become totally government dependent. And that was the plan from the get go.
Pretty much.

I think that's also why there are so many barriers to starting one's own business (endless taxes and regulations), but that's another topic altogether...

Old 07-02-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Legal behaviors are not necessarily good, but illegal behaviors are perceived bad in a society, which should include prostitution.
This is wrong. This gets into the whole debate of wrong / right from a morally perspective. Who decides what is morally wrong and right? The church?

This also assumes that what is socially acceptable (not necessarily good nor bad) is static. It is not... it changes with time. Or do we still think that women showing ankles morally corrupts men?

I may consider certain behaviors bad.... like swearing in front of my children. But I certainly do not expect legislature around it.

Alcoholism and smoking are known to be "bad" for health. There was a time that alcohol was consider a menace to society... bad for society. yet... alcohol consumption is still legal.

Underneath it all... the whole problem with prostitution has more to do with the taboo subject of sex. They will not admit it because it is a weak foundation to build an arguement (logical fallacy= appeal to emotional response to avoid building a strong argument) We are a society of prudes. For people like me who have a more open view on sex it is simply doesn't make sense. Those that rather feel good about themselves on their "high moral ground" and impose on others.

Meanwhile, more than half of my friends have been beaten and abused by people who knowingly leverage the fact that they will not go to the police out of risk of prosecution themselves. Sometimes, even the police are the aggressors....

But that's ok... as long as others feel good about themselves and their moral convictions.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Maybe they don't want a husband or children. Maybe they want to be a prostitute. Why do you insist on telling other people how to live their lives? Maybe you would have a happier life if you didn't worry about telling others how to live.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Pretty much.

I think that's also why there are so many barriers to starting one's own business (endless taxes and regulations), but that's another topic altogether...
Yes it is.

Getting back to the point though that's why we have so many tattle tales in society. People have been conditioned to run to government for every single inconvenience.

That's why we get people calling 911 on hookers.

Ever watch COPS or any other show where they do drug/prostitution stings? The amount of legwork, money, and public snitching it takes to "bust" a John or a drug addict is mind-boggling.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
For example, the government also sets a minimum wage, although I can definitely find some immigrants to work for me for 5 dollars per hour. Nobody only does his own business in any society.
Labor laws impose regulation as to impose a fair form of employment. I'm all for labor laws regulating sex work. For the same reasons why child labor was deemed illegal in this country.

Your post actually implies that sex work is employment and should be treated as such.

First post I agree with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies