Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 11:25 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,046,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If he was actually interested in protecting women rather than in being oppressive, he'd know that the best way to protect women is to end the draconian prostitution ban that only serve to incentivise their exploitation and abuse.

But that seems to not be the case.
The best way is to heavily punish Johns and pimps. One good option is to publish their names in local newspapers and put them in a publicly available database.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:27 AM

15,053 posts, read 10,045,925 times
Quote:
If he was actually interested in protecting women rather than in being oppressive, he'd know that the best way to protect women is to end the draconian prostitution ban that only serve to incentivise their exploitation and abuse.

But that seems to not be the case.

Unfortunately, that is the case with most of these people. I can tell he isn't even reading my past posts.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Who are you to decide whom I should sleep with and for what reason?

Do you not know how absurd you sound?

This is not communist China where the government tells everyone how to think and whom they can have sex with.
But you are trying to tell me how to think, and you sound desperate.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't need to give her happiness. She is a independent woman who can make decisions on her own.
Happiness is from love and respect. (Among other things).

Old 07-03-2016, 11:30 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,114,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
No everyone can eat meat etc.
But women should not sleep with strangers to make money.

Your logic is weird, reflecting the fact that you think like a child.
How is it weird? You seem very interested in dictating the lives of people who have nothing to do with you.

So I'm just wondering what other arbitrary bans you'd like to impose on people?

Old 07-03-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
We didn't marry had did not have anything to do with her job. Each and every day, relationships end... it doesn't mean that it ended because of their job. We were very passionate with each other and our time together is different from her time with her customers. I was no more her customer than I am my current wife's IT department when I fix her computer. Our lives together is perfectly legal and no business of anyone but ourselves.

If you really were knowledgeable of the topic, you would already know that. My primary concern is her and my friends' safety. As I said, I would support motions to make the sale of sex LEGAL while the purchase of sex ILLEGAL for purely the safety of the sex workers.

Your perceived bias against my life's choices doesn't change the human rights issue here. If anything, it makes me more knowledgeable about the topic than you will ever be. Again. a bad attempt at distracting from the topic.

You have yet to rectify support of abortion rights but not legalization of prostitution... until then you don't have leg to stand on.

A truly intelligent individual would put aside biases and actually listen to people's positions and those that have first hand knowledge to frame future stances. Obviously you are incapable of doing that.
Can you stop lying? You never paid her for sex, even at the very beginning?
Does your wife know you are a friend of a prostitute? What did she say?

Old 07-03-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Undesirable jobs can be productive and are contributions to our society.
Prostitution is not one if them. Again, you are a john and you are biased. We should not take you too seriously. I hope you will not go to jail.
You are wrong. Business 101. Goods and services exists because there is a need and priced according to our free market system.

A while back I pointed out that your post insinuated that prostitution is a job.

You just also insinuated that prostitution is a good/service albeit in your opinion doesn't contribute to society.

If it is a job that provides a good and service it should be legal. Whether or not you find said good or service "contributing to society" is irrelevant. You should now rectify why alcohol, which has been deemed a menace to society in years past, is still legal.

* How do you support abortion rights and yet do not support legalization of prostitution?

* how do you rectify that a legal job must be productive and contribute to society yet alcohol sales be legal?

I've asked the first question several times... and just like a weak debater simply ignores it.

I have not done anything illegal. There was no money exchanged for sex when I was with my GF.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
How is it weird? You seem very interested in dictating the lives of people who have nothing to do with you.

So I'm just wondering what other arbitrary bans you'd like to impose on people?
Do you know the word "overgeneralize"? Check it out.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Can you stop lying? You never paid her for sex, even at the very beginning?
Does your wife know you are a friend of a prostitute? What did she say?
Absolutely. You are free to check my posting history over the past year.

Our relationship begun before I knew she was working on the side as a working girl. I suspected because she was making much more money than I and it didn't add up. I loved her because of who she is not what she does. My circle of friends are some of the most loyal people... we protect and watch out for each other.

My wife absolutely knows her. She has met her. She was a part of that same circle albeit unique in that she was an outsider looking in at first but gain acceptance. My wife and my previous GF are the two most important figures in my life.

But again.. this isn't about me. This is about denying the right to choose how someone lives, who they sleep with, and what they do with their bodies.

PS> You haven't answered the question. How do you support abortion and yet deny a woman the right to choose to work as a prostitute?

Old 07-03-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Do you know the word "overgeneralize"? Check it out.
Over generalization has nothing to do with people who impose their ideals on others without just cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.