Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support laws suppressing the Democratic Party and Liberalism in general?
Yes, I would support laws suppressing the Democratic Party and/or Liberalism in general. 9 15.00%
No, I would not support laws suppressing the Democratic Party and/or Liberalism in general. 51 85.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 06:31 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Me, personally? No. But I'm not throwing out the claims that Republicans and conservatism are destroying America or that they are subjecting the nation to literal "tyranny".

I just think Republican's and conservative's are wrong.
You may not but many like you do. "Fascists" and comparing conservatives, or nowadays, to Trump to Adolph Hitler come to mind.

Every side has their zealots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 06:36 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Would you expand the definition of treason? And if so, to what?
Treason consists of such acts as deliberately inviting unvetted and un-vettable Muslims into this country, some of whom are likely to commit terrorist acts according to our FBI and CIA directors.

Or deliberately refusing to take serious steps to secure our borders and ports of entry, screen immigrants and refugees, and enforce the law against illegal immigration.

Or blaming non-Muslim victims of Muslim terrorist acts -- such as when Obama lamely referred to the Crusades, which only happened after 300 years of Muslim attacks on Christian Europe.

Or allowing sanctuary cities not just for illegal aliens, but for illegal aliens who commit serious crimes including murder and rape.

Or ceding our national sovereignty to foreign entities and/or being bribed by such entities.

Or supporting rioters, vandals, arsonists and looters who destroy whole neighborhoods (Ferguson, Baltimore, OWS in Oakland).

Or fomenting racial warfare and racist hatred against whites.

Or trying to disarm law abiding Americans.

Or doing any number of other things that liberals routinely do and have always done -- such as Jane Fonda going to Hanoi to consort with the enemy during wartime.

Quote:
Also, assuming you agree that democrats are destroying America, wouldn't not advocating for their suppression be treason?
No.

Violating the first amendment -- freedom of speech, thought and association -- is not only unconstitutional, it is un-American.

You have to go after specific acts of treason. That is why I said what I said.

Obama is friends with Bill Ayers, an unrepentant terrorist whose Weather Underground group bombed the Pentagon and killed police officers.

He and his side-kick Bernadine Dohrn (who expressed her admiration for Charles Manson) were never punished for their terrorism and treason against this country. I would hang them in public to set an example.

Obama's policy to admit unvetted Muslim refugees is treason. He should be punished as well.

Two stand-alone votes are coming up in the Senate, one to punish sanctuary cities, the other to pass Kate's Law.

Any senators who vote against those laws are guilty of treason.

Last edited by dechatelet; 07-03-2016 at 06:51 AM..

Old 07-03-2016, 06:36 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Constitution?

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Don't be silly. We are not doing that anymore. At this point the highest and best use of that document would be cut it up into squares and stack it next to the commode, where it can be put to at least some good use.

As far as passing laws, they are not enforced or respected anyway, so why bother? One of the greatest achievements of our founding fathers was setting up a nation based on the law, and not on the rule of man, which was the standard during that more barbaric time. Under Obama and the Democrats, we have rapidly devolved back to the rule of man again.

The Democrats are openly opposed to much if not most of the Bill of Rights and are actively doing everything they can to end any effective protections that it has historically provided (freedom of speech, religion, assembly, the press, right to bear arms, due process, rights not otherwise specified reserved to the states, etc.). So on what basis would anyone with any sense believe that they are going to be restricted or curtailed by new laws?).
The basis of my poll (which I probably should have made clear), is the presumption that if Repulican's and conservatism achieved a large majority in government rule and large amount of power via popular elections, and a public mandate to stop democrats from "destroying America", would you be one of those people advocating the suppression of the Democratic Party and/or Liberalism?

Old 07-03-2016, 06:40 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Given that many on the Right have publicly and explicitly stated that Democrats and Liberalism are literally destroying America and creating a nation of tyranny, would you be in favor of Repulican or otherwise Right leaning politicians passing laws suppressing the Democrat and Socialst party as well as Liberalism in general?

And by laws of course I mean amending the Constitution, as needed, to allow the suppression of the Democratic Party and Liberalism.
No.

Dumbest poll of the year.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Ask that in the opposite direction, and I believe an overwhelmingly YES would be sensed.

Is there really a political division that rights do and don't exist?
Now, ask me if I should be able to use my 2nd Amendment, when being forced & bullied to comply that my liberties are being limited, by Progressives?

Old 07-03-2016, 06:51 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Well, I am sort of a "right-winger" but not always so with respect to US politics.

In Ukraine, I absolutely support banning leftist and communist organizations, removal of soviet-era statues, no free speech for communists/traitors, and basically everything anti-communist. I'm happy to say that the communist party in Ukraine was recently banned.

Last edited by snj90; 07-03-2016 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-03-2016, 06:51 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
The basis of my poll (which I probably should have made clear), is the presumption that if Repulican's and conservatism achieved a large majority in government rule and large amount of power via popular elections, and a public mandate to stop democrats from "destroying America", would you be one of those people advocating the suppression of the Democratic Party and/or Liberalism?
What I would have supported back when it was still possible was a dedicated and focused defense and protection of the US Constitution and the enforcement of its requirements and individual rights, with people who try to attack and undermine it being prohibited from doing so, and those who took extraordinary efforts to harm our nation or our constitutional system of government being treated like the enemies of the state that they are, regardless of who that person is.

Unfortunately, we now have the greatest and most effective enemy our nation has ever confronted sitting in the oval office as President of the United States. We apparently cannot protect and defend ourselves against a person in that position. Barack Obama has done his treacherous work too well. Our country is now undone. It will not be repaired. That saddens me greatly, but liberals and the Democrats rejoice and celebrate. Much like the Trojan horse of the ancient Greeks, we have been taken down from within.

Congratulations. You have succeeded in your quest.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:29 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What I would have supported back when it was still possible was a dedicated and focused defense and protection of the US Constitution and the enforcement of its requirements and individual rights, with people who try to attack and undermine it being prohibited from doing so, and those who took extraordinary efforts to harm our nation or our constitutional system of government being treated like the enemies of the state that they are, regardless of who that person is.

Unfortunately, we now have the greatest and most effective enemy our nation has ever confronted sitting in the oval office as President of the United States. We apparently cannot protect and defend ourselves against a person in that position. Barack Obama has done his treacherous work too well. Our country is now undone. It will not be repaired. That saddens me greatly, but liberals and the Democrats rejoice and celebrate. Much like the Trojan horse of the ancient Greeks, we have been taken down from within.

Congratulations. You have succeeded in your quest.
Everything is gonna be okay. Don't worry. It'll be alright.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:35 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Given that many on the Right have publicly and explicitly stated that Democrats and Liberalism are literally destroying America and creating a nation of tyranny, would you be in favor of Repulican or otherwise Right leaning politicians passing laws suppressing the Democrat and Socialst party as well as Liberalism in general?

And by laws of course I mean amending the Constitution, as needed, to allow the suppression of the Democratic Party and Liberalism.

We live in a society where the majority rules and if my beliefs end up in the minority, so beit. My choice then becomes stay and accept what the majority wants or leave.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:39 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:

No, of course not. Which is why the left is so dangerous to our country - they think that suppression of the opposition is an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies