Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 11:13 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

I'm pro natural where possible.

Starting with diet and exercise. Hey, pill poppers who want instant gratification can use health insurance or shop at the health food store, not much difference.

I take fish oil and turmeric, coordinated with my doctors. Sometimes I will try something else to see if it helps with chronic conditions and autoimmune problems.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 11:15 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
MD's don't do what I've learned and try to HELP others to save them from their MD's drugs...one drug leads to another and to another and it's a vicious cycle of drugs.

You do the same thing. You just work for a different company.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2016, 11:16 AM

788 posts, read 512,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This should not be a controversary in the U.S. but it is and a huge one. Pharma controls with their billions of ads, lobbyists and you name it and more and more dying from drug interactions and surgery mistakes....yet this mega pharma industry continues stronger than ever and not doing ENOUGH to heal. Bandaids and more bandaids. High priced bandaids.

So many can appreciate improved health for pennies vs thousands for drugs.

I don't know which is worse, pharma industry or war industry complex ...both pretty deadly.

Pharma Industry & FDA & CDC & EPA = Drug/Burn/Cut -- then die.
If the old-time "holistic" remedies actually worked, they never would have been abandoned.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:36 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Where is the proof that cottage cheese and flax oil will cure cancer? Peer reviewed scientific studies only, please.
i would get the info from the doctors, captain...well Houston we have a problem....

Quote:
Other families are coming forward and have hired their own investigators too, including Dr Marshall’s wife, who is an MD. Her investigator has said he believes her husband was murdered and a “set up†done by someone with law enforcement or military training (story linked in timeline below).

Holistic Doctor Death Series: Over 50 Dead on 1 Year Anniversary, but what’s being done? | Health Nut News

Old 07-08-2016, 11:37 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
If the old-time "holistic" remedies actually worked, they never would have been abandoned.
The old time remedies do work, it's the Modern Scientific Industry that had to get going with their major profit industry. I'll stick with my old time remedies and steer as clear as I can for the great scientific drugs. We all have choices, thank goodness, and brains and common sense.

I had my share of side effects and a trip to the ER from one of the Modern Scientific Industry drugs, so I tread very lightly in this area. I've posted enough previously on my life experiences with the scientific based drugs.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:39 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I take fish oil and turmeric, coordinated with my doctors. Sometimes I will try something else to see if it helps with chronic conditions and autoimmune problems.

Many of the supplements I have taken in the past have all been supported or recommended by my MD's. Even some that don't have years of proven studies behind them (i.e. cinnamon for diabetes). They have said that as long as they aren't doing harm (documented by my regular blood tests) then it's okay.

I think they do believe there may be some validity to the power of positive thinking. Heck, even people taking placebos in some tests see improvements! Is that due to the body's ability to heal itself (sometimes) or the mind power of the patients?

Old 07-08-2016, 11:51 AM

The pharma industry can't sit still on what they continue to produce, noted with the constant TV ads of the latest and greatest drugs.

An example in my life is that I struggled for many years trying to get what I believed was a sluggish thyroid and YET the MD's numbers said I was OK. We are numbers in today's medical world.

When I finally got on thyroid support, my then D.O. called in Armour, been around for 100 yrs and 10 yrs of depression lifted, no numbers used by him. He knew. Over some years later many M.D.'s tried to get me off the Old and Tried and Effective Armour and on to their scientific thyroid med, but I resisted and thank goodness. So old medicines are still very effective and YET the scientific world keeps coming out with new more $$$$ drugs that we probably don't need but they need us to need them.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Many of the supplements I have taken in the past have all been supported or recommended by my MD's. Even some that don't have years of proven studies behind them (i.e. cinnamon for diabetes). They have said that as long as they aren't doing harm (documented by my regular blood tests) then it's okay.

I think they do believe there may be some validity to the power of positive thinking. Heck, even people taking placebos in some tests see improvements! Is that due to the body's ability to heal itself (sometimes) or the mind power of the patients?
I use cinammon every day and I don't deal with elevated blood sugar and don't that either. Prevention...

Old 07-08-2016, 11:55 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post

People misunderstand the placebo effect. There are biologic mechanisms for it. It does not mean that if a placebo works that the symptom for which it was used is not real.

Neurobiological Mechanisms of the Placebo Effect

Old 07-08-2016, 11:59 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People misunderstand the placebo effect. There are biologic mechanisms for it. It does not mean that if a placebo works that the symptom for which it was used is not real.

Neurobiological Mechanisms of the Placebo Effect

Oh, I don't doubt that at all!

And I don't take cinnamon anymore because it aggravates the GERD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies