Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 03:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
You act as if those programs were SPECIFICALLY designed JUST for black people.

The biggest beneficiary of Affirmative action has been white women:

Sally Kohn: Affirmative Action Helps White Women More Than Others | TIME.com

Section 8 was created to alleviate housing problems during the Great Depression

Food stamps and free lunches in schools were done during the Great Society because of how many children in America could not afford food

You act as if these programs were create out of a genuine desire of white people to help black people
The programs were government created to mainly help minorities and then women. And yes white women are the big beneficiaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 03:37 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America – The Root

Writer: Illegal Immigration Stifles Black Community : NPR
Quote:
Mr. JEFFERSON: There is an Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid in October of 2008 that came in and found 300 undocumented workers at the Raeford Farms, Columbia Farms processing plant in Columbia, South Carolina. And Raeford Farms was presumably spooked by that as they had been hiring undocumented immigrants for all their plants. And they systematically began firing all their undocumented workers in within less than a year. What had been an 80 percent Latino production line became a 70 percent African-American production line.
Quote:
Prof. SWAIN: Its not an isolated incident. Its been that kind probably for the last 10 or 15 years. Theres been story after story of factories and plants in the South, where the white and African-American workers were laid off or gradually replaced with immigrant labor.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What does partisanship have anything to do with what I said?
If you weren't partisan then you would not have made the statement you did about how "repubs" don't reach out to blacks when anyone who follows politics knows Ron Paul through policy and especially Rand Paul through meet and greets have reached out to black voters. You missed Rand Paul going to places like Simmons College and Howard University? Ignorance on what a candidates beliefs are and who they have addressed.
Your statement was insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Except for one thing: It is up to the employer to hire and fire. If an immigrant is being hired over a Black person, then technically, there is no theft going on. That is one person being preferred over another. The question is WHY immigrants might be favored over Blacks?
Not favored as far as work ethic or bigotry, favored because they'll work for less. AND the influx of more workers in a field, causes saturation, which causes wages to go down. Like unskilled labor, landscaping, and hospitality business. That's basic economics and business sense.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:48 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
These articles are about events from 2010 when the economic crisis and job loss was at its peak this century.

It is not the same anymore for black people today 6 years later.

Also, I find it odd that many of you just cannot fathom the idea that as black people we know that we have differing viewpoints and that having differing viewpoints amongst black people are not unique.

I don't agree with everything all black people say. I don't think you agree with every article online published by a white journalist either.

Posting articles to support a particular black person's opinion is not going to make all the other blacks change their minds. Contrary to what you all may believe, we are individuals and we can think for ourselves and especially so based on our unique experiences.

ETA: I am fully aware that other black people are vehemently against illegal immigration and those persons may even be willing to work with you to curtail illegal immigrants getting into the country. Their views are their own and they are entitled to their opinion.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:59 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
These articles are about events from 2010 when the economic crisis and job loss was at its peak this century.

Also, I find it odd that many of you just cannot fathom the idea that as black people we know that we have differing viewpoints and that having differing viewpoints amongst black people are not unique.

I don't agree with everything all black people say. I don't think you agree with every article online published by a white journalist either.

Posting articles to support a particular black person's opinion is not going to make all the other blacks change their minds. Contrary to what you all may believe, we are individuals and we can think for ourselves and especially so based on our unique experiences.

ETA: I am fully aware that other black people are vehemently against illegal immigration and those persons may even be willing to work with you to curtail illegal immigrants getting into the country. Their views are their own and they are entitled to their opinion.
What does an article from 2010 have to do with this matter still not being relevant? Did I miss that the border is sealed and illegal's stopped pouring over our border, taking jobs from blacks and whites, especially blacks disproportionately as the data shows?

Yes, these forums are about opinions/views, I think most of us know that.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Except when it comes to voting. Blacks don't vote as individuals.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Except when it comes to voting. Blacks don't vote as individuals.
Don't worry about it. Just worry about your vote.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I wasn't there. I'm not trying to take credit and blacks didn't even do "half of the heavy lifting". Not that the truth matters to you. Obama Jr
Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner ring a bell?

No blacks did not. Boycotting buses had a big effect because it hurt wallets. I wonder if that will sink in?

The laws changed because non blacks stood with blacks

Is that why they marched with them? Were Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner scared to do anything? or because they are whitey they don't count?

It wasn't white america it was government. Big government that you love. Not that you care about the truth.

Jews aren't white?

should be themselves.

It's not up to you, you don't speak for blacks.

You don't get to tell me when I can or cannot have input little man.

You don't speak for blacks.
Goodman and Schwerner were Jews. I credited them.

That's two. So that's equal to all the African Americans that died in the struggle? Nice.

Again, blacks did 99% of the heavy lifting. Maybe even more.

Look, simply put, I'm not giving whites credit for changes in the law. I'm supposed to recognize people for doing their jobs? Forget it.

The constitution gave blacks the same rights as whites right from the beginning. Those additional laws had to be passed to force whites to comply with the laws already in existence. And you want props for that? Never. No chance. Those laws should've never had to be passed in the first place.

You want gratitude for FINALLY granting blacks the same rights that white people got just by walking off a boat in Ellis Island? Really? When blacks had already been here for centuries? That's what you want?

Forget it. We did the work ourselves with some minor help from others so stop looking for credit.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:47 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times
I'd like to thank this lady for speaking the simple truth.

At the end of the day it's independent of color, people just wanna feed their families simple as that.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Goodman and Schwerner were Jews. I credited them.
They're white.
So Paul Guihard or Rev Bruce Klunder or Rev James Reeb or Viola Gregg Liuzzo or Jonathan Daniels don't count?
Or is it that anyone who helped the cause can't be called white because whitey is bad?

Quote:
That's two. So that's equal to all the African Americans that died in the struggle? Nice.
LMAO So you obviously think that those were the only two WHITES who helped? Why are you discussing this topic when you know little about it?

Quote:
Again, blacks did 99% of the heavy lifting. Maybe even more.
Again they did not and you have no proof. Just don't want to give whitey any props.

Quote:
Look, simply put, I'm not giving whites credit for changes in the law. I'm supposed to recognize people for doing their jobs? Forget it.
It was big government, the government you love, that undid their damage only after we the people raised cain about it.

Quote:
The constitution gave blacks the same rights as whites right from the beginning.
Government does not give rights, they only take them away. That's another thing you've gotten wrong.

Quote:
Those additional laws had to be passed to force whites to comply with the laws already in existence. And you want props for that? Never. No chance. Those laws should've never had to be passed in the first place.
I don't want props for anything. That's just another dishonest comment by you because you cannot discuss the facts so you make things up.

Quote:
You want gratitude for FINALLY granting blacks the same rights that white people got just by walking off a boat in Ellis Island? Really? When blacks had already been here for centuries? That's what you want?
No and why should I. That's another thing you've made up. Get out of the sun

Quote:
Forget it. We did the work ourselves with some minor help from others so stop looking for credit.
You didn't do anything so stop saying we. I'm not looking for credit either. Keep lying to yourself instead of looking for the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies