Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 04:57 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't worry about it. Just worry about your vote.
Why listen to you? You've gotten so many things wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 05:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why listen to you? You've gotten so many things wrong.
Nevermind all that.

Don't worry about the black vote. We're gonna vote for whomever we feel like voting for, and we're not taking suggestions from outsiders.

And that's what you are.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:11 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'll go further then. South Carolina and Missouri have very few illegals. Blacks are doing bad in both states compared to other groups. Ohio is in the same situation.

I never said that illegal immigration was a good idea. I'm saying no matter what happens or where, Blacks are frequently at the bottom. I am saying that illegals being thrown out won't stop job discrimination against Blacks.

I disagree. In areas where there is a high percentage of illegal aliens job opportunities for both blacks and whites would open up for them with the exit of illegal aliens out of the work force. I use to see many lower income blacks doing janitorial work but not anymore. All you see are Hispanics doing those jobs now and I imagine that many of them are here illegally. As I said, either way blacks are just as obligated to support our immigration laws just as whites or any other group is. IMO, I think far too many blacks identify with Hispanics just because they are minorities and resent white Americans so they just sit back and don't do anything to support our immigration laws. It's sad really.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Nevermind all that.

Don't worry about the black vote. We're gonna vote for whomever we feel like voting for, and we're not taking suggestions from outsiders.

And that's what you are.
So whitey is an outsider because blacks are different and want different things than whites?

You don't speak for blacks and why should you? You've gotten so many things wrong and you have no problem with bald faced lairs being President. Unless of course the president is whitey. Holding people accountable, that's for the other guy.

btw Stephen Currier says hello. His money was green but his skin color was white.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. In areas where there is a high percentage of illegal aliens job opportunities for both blacks and whites would open up for them with the exit of illegal aliens out of the work force. I use to see many lower income blacks doing janitorial work but not anymore. All you see are Hispanics doing those jobs now and I imagine that many of them are here illegally. As I said, either way blacks are just as obligated to support our immigration laws just as whites or any other group is. IMO, I think far too many blacks identify with Hispanics just because they are minorities and resent white Americans so they just sit back and don't do anything to support our immigration laws. It's sad really.
As a group no they don't resent white america.
They're democrats and they do as they are told by their handlers. And when their handlers say to go easy on illegals even though illegals will cost you your job or lower your pay, they do so.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:25 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold, I agree with you. I also do feel that as Americans black people should "back our laws" on immigration.

I don't believe any of us who stated we are black have said anything opposing black people "backing our laws" on immigration, only that it does not benefit us to get involved in the "fight" regarding illegal immigration.

We are still discriminated against in hiring so it makes no difference to use the "work" excuse to bring us into the fold. Both desert detroiter and myself have stated that it is better that black people not work in menial jobs to begin with and to aim for positions of which cannot be given to illegals.

I said that it is better to focus on that and on business creation and that my only concern was in regards to school quality of overburdened districts.

I especially would support a re-defining of birthright citizenship to being one parent being an American citizen at the birth of his/her child. Also, I agree with desert detroiter and others in that we cannot possible deport all the illegals in the country. I personally think it is stupid to believe a "wall" will stop illegal immigration either and that I do feel an amnesty would be sufficient as long as it is passed with a revision of birthright citizenship.

How is any of that not backing laws we currently have on the books.

I will state again though that I personally do not want to align myself with people who speak in negative racial rhetoric against Latinos. Latinos/hispanics ARE NOT the only "illegal immigrants" in this country and I personally don't like illegal immigrants being here under the radar. it think it is dangerous from a national security standpoint especially. However no on on the right is offering any viable solutions IMO that would be a compromise with the left. I am a moderate independent and ironically, I actually have been personally affected by illegal immigration (my child's identity was stolen by an illegal immigrant) so I do not "support" them in any way. I also don't support racist rhetoric or idiotic ideas and I won't align myself with either racism or idiocy.

So it has to benefit blacks in order for them to get involved in the illegal immigration issue? I'm beyond words with that thought process. Even if blacks wouldn't benefit (which isn't true anyway) shouldn't they as Americans stand up for the rule of law?

There is no need to mass deport illegal aliens. Just remove all of the incentives for them to remain here. The 700 mile wall already approved by congress would help the Border Patrol immensely and cut back on illegal immigration and that should be the goal. No one has said that the only illegal aliens here are Latinos but the fact is that 80% of them are. There have been proposals by the GOP to deter illegal immigration. All the Democrats want is amnesty though and that is no viable solution.

Where is this so-called racism in this issue?

Old 07-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So whitey is an outsider because blacks are different and want different things than whites?

You don't speak for blacks and why should you? You've gotten so many things wrong and you have no problem with bald faced lairs being President. Unless of course the president is whitey. Holding people accountable, that's for the other guy.

btw Stephen Currier says hello. His money was green but his skin color was white.
Never said that I speak for all blacks, but between us two, it's no contest. I can speak for them better than you can. You can't speak for them at all. I can speak for myself, which is one black person. You can't speak for even that number.

So that pretty much settles that.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:25 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,667 times
I am not sure why people here think the government passed civil rights laws out of altruism. The main reason why the government passed civil rights and why Republicans supported the Civil Rights Act more than Democrats is because they saw it as a way of fighting Communism. The Soviets pushed a lot of anti-American propaganda throughout the Third World showing images of Black people getting beaten up by racist cops. They used this to convince the Third World that the US was a racist country and that Western capitalism would never treat non-whites as equal to whites. The US also had non-white allies like Japan and South Korea and were under pressure to pass anti-racist laws since these allies were somewhat suspicious of whether the US would treat them as equals aka the US had a credibility gap with its non-white allies. People also forget that most non-white countries (with the exception of Pacific Rim countries that were forced into US hegemony due to WWII) during the Cold War hated the US and sided with the Soviets since there was a strong perception that the US was a racist imperialist bully. The Civil Rights Act was a way to convince these countries that the US was not a racist country.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
I am not sure why people here think the government passed civil rights laws out of altruism. The main reason why the government passed civil rights and why Republicans supported the Civil Rights Act more than Democrats is because they saw it as a way of fighting Communism. The Soviets pushed a lot of anti-American propaganda throughout the Third World showing images of Black people getting beaten up by racist cops. They used this to convince the Third World that the US was a racist country and that Western capitalism would never treat non-whites as equal to whites. The US also had non-white allies like Japan and South Korea and were under pressure to pass anti-racist laws since these allies were somewhat suspicious of whether the US would treat them as equals aka the US had a credibility gap with its non-white allies. People also forget that most non-white countries (with the exception of Pacific Rim countries that were forced into US hegemony due to WWII) during the Cold War hated the US and sided with the Soviets since there was a strong perception that the US was a racist imperialist bully. The Civil Rights Act was a way to convince these countries that the US was not a racist country.
Nah. It was because America loved and valued its black citizens.

You know...let them tell it.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:32 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,667 times
Quote:
Nah. It was because America loved and valued its black citizens.

You know...let them tell it.
People also seem to ignore the fact that the Civil Rights movement was going on since the end of the Civil War. The NAACP for example was founded in 1909. Martin Luther King wasn't the only Civil Rights leader unlike what most people seem to believe. Essentially, civil rights were ignored until the end of WWII when racism for some completely unknown reasons became extremely unfashionable in the Western world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies