Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 08:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm curious how you think white people are supposed to fix black schools, black towns and cities and black neighborhoods, housing and poverty.

What is it you would have white people do to fix those things?
I said HELP fix. Whites have made it very clear that there's us and then there's them...if it has anything to do with their resources being spent on anything for blacks. They aren't interested in unity when it comes to social services/issues or social justice. In fact, whites nowadays mock social justice as a farce.

That said, I'm fine with their stance. That's cool. But now that white political, economic and social power is being threatened (in their minds), don't ask blacks to join hands and strengthen their coalition against illegal immigration.

I think that's a fair stance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
All the white people in those areas welcomed them in? I'm thinking it was the politicians and not the masses.

The truth is, white people are apathetic about their own future. They don't lift a finger to right the wrongs or fight for themselves. Thinking they're going to shake off that apathy to fight for others isn't realistic.

I swear there's something in the water or some other thing happening that's dulling our senses and leaving us all apathetic.
I appreciate your honesty in this post. You're absolutely right. Whites lost millions of jobs to illegal immigrants and didn't lift a finger.

But now all of a sudden, they're becoming aware and they wanna do something about it....after 12 to 20 million illegals have already come here. Now the Hispanic population vastly outnumbers the African American population, and blacks would be fools to take a stance that'll do nothing but make relations even worse.

Whites have no such issues with Hispanics. You can hate them, mistreat them, call them into suspicion, and they don't hold it against whites regardless. They value alliances with whites, and are willing to overlook white hostility.

So blacks may as well sit this one out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 08:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
If the White population were larger (percentage wise), would the situation honestly be better for Blacks? In some ways, a more diverse population helps Blacks because they aren't the sole focal point of racism from the White majority. Furthermore, it also erodes the political power of the White majority and also makes it far more difficult for them to pass racist laws.
This seems like a serious attempt to make sense of the issue which is, unfortunately, based on premises you've been taught that are complete racist nonsense.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:24 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is just my opinion. I base this on some of my experiences through my life. This is not an absolutist point of view. This is just something that has happened a few times in my life. I am against illegal immigration. I'm not against people coming to this country who work hard and who can make their dreams happen. I'm not against that concept. This is what I do notice. I see more of a preference for immigrants over Black Americans. I base this on hearing some people say they would rather hire illegals than Black Americans, stating that Black Americans are too much trouble to deal with.

I remember hearing about Ronald Reagan saying "Hispanics are Republicans, they just don't know it". This was something to get more Hispanics to vote for Reagan, citing that Hispanics share the values of hard work, family values, and personal responsibility. Since when has any Republican politician in the last 45 years said that of Blacks?

I sometimes have wondered about this. Are immigrants really taking jobs from Black? Or are Blacks the last persons preferred for hiring? If the only way Blacks seemed to get jobs is if there is no one else to take that job, then there is a big problem.
Given the current circumstances? I'd have to agree, but more specifically it isn't in the best interests of the black poor/working class to support immigration reform.

For blacks who have ascended up the pipeline away from low skilled laborious jobs with education, hard work, family planning and little bit of luck--it doesn't really make much of a difference. They aren't competing for the same jobs or living in the same neighborhoods as illegal immigrants from Mexico.

As for the black poor/working class is concerned--many of them have been displaced both geographically and in certain jobs for immigrants who are willing to work for lower wages and who also come into the country and into their neighborhoods unchecked. But to be quite honest and hard on my own people--many of them shouldn't even be in that position of vulnerability.

We've been here for over 400 years, since before this country was formally established...there really isn't any excuse that a sizable number of us should even be competing with poor illegal immigrants for any type of job.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I said HELP fix. Whites have made it very clear that there's us and then there's them...if it has anything to do with their resources being spent on anything for blacks. They aren't interested in unity when it comes to social services/issues or social justice. In fact, whites nowadays mock social justice as a farce.

That said, I'm fine with their stance. That's cool. But now that white political, economic and social power is being threatened (in their minds), don't ask blacks to join hands and strengthen their coalition against illegal immigration.

I think that's a fair stance.

I appreciate your honesty in this post. You're absolutely right. Whites lost millions of jobs to illegal immigrants and didn't lift a finger.

But now all of a sudden, they're becoming aware and they wanna do something about it....after 12 to 20 million illegals have already come here. Now the Hispanic population vastly outnumbers the African American population, and blacks would be fools to take a stance that'll do nothing but make relations even worse.

Whites have no such issues with Hispanics. You can hate them, mistreat them, call them into suspicion, and they don't hold it against whites regardless. They value alliances with whites, and are willing to overlook white hostility.

So blacks may as well sit this one out.
Actually you didn't say help. Here's your quote:

Quote:
They have no interest in fixing black schools, majority black towns and cities or black neighborhoods, housing, poverty, or anything else.
If you meant to say help, that's fine, but the correction is on you, not what I wrote.

Do you know what I think woke white people up, in all honesty? And I say this thinking we're only slightly more awake than we've been in previous years. I think Trump did. He was saying something nobody has been allowed to say without being accused of being some ugly monster. But now that someone has said it, it's safe for others to say the same thing.

I'm not talking about the ridiculous things Trump says - and there are many - but he started the conversation and woke some people up. Is the "join us" sentiment genuine? I'd like to think so. We're all citizens, we're all Americans and have no issue with legal immigration, but we want to ensure the country isn't giving everything away while our own citizens suffer. On the other hand, I'm old enough to know if 9/11 couldn't bring and keep us united, this won't.

Someone here pointed something out to me last year that I didn't realize at the time but I think he was correct. Under Obama, there has been more of an us and them mentality than we've experienced in a while. Then you get these rogue cops who are getting away with murder and being protected by people who should want to clean out their garbage in order to remain credible. And add to that the constant disruptions of the BLM movement who had a legitimate complaint but didn't organize and get their message out, so people don't understand what it's about. Very poorly executed. These things aren't helping the us and them division either.

Social justice has become a bit of a joke, don't you think? It's the SJW's that want the Syrian's here. Who think it's okay that illegals are coming into this country and they claim they're only taking jobs no Americans would take. Does that sound like they're on your side? I don't know - for my money - the SJW's have done more to hold back black people than many conservatives, only most people don't see that through the smoke and mirrors.

I'm in Illinois, by the way - and the Chicago school system is terrible. White people can't get any help fixing the public school system either.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:26 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Black people have been hit harder than other groups by unchecked illegal immigration.

My job puts me on construction sites part time and I've been seeing a decline of black follks working what used to be good solid middle class jobs. Jobs like painters, dry wallers, flooring and other trades. I've witnessed personally over the last 25 yrs these same what used to be good paying jobs going to illegals, and for a lower pay rate. These middle class jobs went to a lot of white and black folks back in the day.

This they are doing jobs that Americans won't is a bunch of friggin horse manure, black folks have been hurt worse than white people by unchecked illegal immigration. The construction industry has heavily been taken over by illegal aliens and those were good paying job at one time, but they've driven the wages down and taken lots and lots of jobs. I refuse to use that stupid silly PC term "undocumented migrants" bunch of crap that one is too. These are illegal aliens. Period.

Last edited by Chowhound; 07-03-2016 at 09:36 PM..

Old 07-03-2016, 09:39 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I agree with detroitdeserter on this one.

It does seem as if whites want to point the finger at black people and try to get us to hate Latinos just because they do. I personally believe this is due to the fact that black people know how to organize and make changes in local, state, and federal governments when we want to due to our culture being one dedicated to social uplift and activism. It is odd IMO that whites are trying to "show/tell" us that we are being affected more as if we are stupid and don't know how we have been affected by illegal immigration.

Like others, I am against illegal immigration. I actually would support defining citizenship of this country to being someone who has a parent who is an American citizen at their birth. However, I would also support amnesty of illegal immigrants in Amnerica as long as there if a fine assessed for the penalty of entering the country and if illegal immigrants could "pay" that fine by serving in our military.

But on the whole, contrary to what many of you whites believe, illegal immigration does NOT hurt a majority of the black populace. It hurts primarily those in poverty, but not the middle class. A majority of black Americans are not poverty stricken and contrary to what many believe, our demographic is very hard working and does work. I agree with green_mariner in that it is not illegal immigrants themselves who cause hiring issues in regards to black Americans versus Latinos, it is inherent biases that have been in America for generations that have placed the label of "lazy" on black people in this country. It is hilarious to me that black people have been called lazy since the 1800s when a majority of them were enslaved and working hard for free lol.

And IMO the most pressing issue that needs to be addressed in regards to illegal immigration is the over burdening of schools in black neighborhoods. For me that is the primary issue. I know, due to being black, that black people are hard working and we are very resilient people. We can always find a job somewhere/somehow. Most black people I know who are poor work 2-3 jobs so a job is not something IMO that should be the cause for us aligning ourselves with whites who see us as inferior and not worthy of working for them anyway. But I don't want schools overrun with anchor babies/illegal immigrant children and I don't like that many states let illegal immigrant children go to school for free at public colleges/universities. IMO they should have to pay a fine via service in military or money and to become legal citizens to obtain the rights to an education in our country and for me education and the quality of education for black children is much more important of an issue than jobs.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When you have partisan earmuffs on of course you won't hear the truth. Ever hear of Ron Paul or Rand Paul?
You are doing the same thing from the other side of the political spectrum.

Quote:
lol Of course immigrants are taking jobs from blacks. Are you that uninformed to think the best and brightest are coming over from other countries to work. Or is it mainly those who work jobs many blacks do. Like unskilled labor and the hospitality business?
Both arguments are truthful. As much as you dont want to admit it, there are people who just dont like black people and wouldnt hire them for that reason and that reason alone.

And yes, it is true that illegals take jobs other people would work, but that is true of all colors. I Have never been to a single hotel/conference/convention/meet up where the waitstaff/maids/servers didnt include people of all races.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:26 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what else is new? There are a lot of things that African Americans have no incentive to support.

What's my incentive as a black man to pay for all of these dumb wars, military bases worldwide, defense of Europe, Korea and Japan, tax credits for big business, etc...

Why single out immigration? Because of the jobs?

Again, immigrants pushed millions of whites out of jobs in tons of industries from construction, textile making, meatpacking, agriculture, road construction, service industries, etc...

And what did white people do about it? A grand total of NOT A DAMN THING...that's what!

So stop trying to put down African Americans for not doing something about immigration when whites didn't do a damn thing either.
They are trying to ..blacks and whites... that is why they voted Trump in...

plus illegals push the legal guys out in the job sites .. they are worse than the mafia ... they will threaten a legal guy saying they will have an accident at the job.. and gang up on them.. illegals stick together.. they like to pick off the legal guys one by one and get them to leave. The ten times what the make in Mexico is their pot of gold and no one better take that job from them.. $2 is not as appealing in Mexico as the $20-$25 then get under the table here.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:07 AM

529 posts, read 369,853 times
I am at a loss.

I see desertdetroiter saying "why should we join hands with whites now?"

I didn't see any posts that appeared to be asking for that. Perhaps I missed it.

I saw a video of two black people discussing the illegal immigrant issue and how it affects EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN.

Yet somehow this has been twisted into white folks asking for blacks to join us in the fight against illegal immigration?

deserdetroiter said "So stop trying to put down African Americans for not doing something about immigration..."

Where did that even come in?

Who did that?

Old 07-04-2016, 12:08 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This seems like a serious attempt to make sense of the issue which is, unfortunately, based on premises you've been taught that are complete racist nonsense.
It's simply not nonsense. You just think it is.

Blacks just can't trust whites on this issue. For one, Hispanics are gonna win it anyway. And when they do, you'll forget that so-called alliance with blacks and join hands with the Hispanics and kick black folks right in the ass as if we're stray dogs.

History proves it. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Black people have been hit harder than other groups by unchecked illegal immigration.

My job puts me on construction sites part time and I've been seeing a decline of black follks working what used to be good solid middle class jobs. Jobs like painters, dry wallers, flooring and other trades. I've witnessed personally over the last 25 yrs these same what used to be good paying jobs going to illegals, and for a lower pay rate. These middle class jobs went to a lot of white and black folks back in the day.

This they are doing jobs that Americans won't is a bunch of friggin horse manure, black folks have been hurt worse than white people by unchecked illegal immigration. The construction industry has heavily been taken over by illegal aliens and those were good paying job at one time, but they've driven the wages down and taken lots and lots of jobs. I refuse to use that stupid silly PC term "undocumented migrants" bunch of crap that one is too. These are illegal aliens. Period.
Meh...if blacks were so hurt by illegal immigration, whites wouldn't care as much as they pretend to. Since when have whites cared about blacks losing jobs? Hell, when have they cared about us losing ANYTHING?

Like, never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They are trying to ..blacks and whites... that is why they voted Trump in...

plus illegals push the legal guys out in the job sites .. they are worse than the mafia ... they will threaten a legal guy saying they will have an accident at the job.. and gang up on them.. illegals stick together.. they like to pick off the legal guys one by one and get them to leave. The ten times what the make in Mexico is their pot of gold and no one better take that job from them.. $2 is not as appealing in Mexico as the $20-$25 then get under the table here.
Yeah, well...too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies