Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:11 PM

51,935 posts, read 52,363,041 times

Advertisements

Some guy does something like that I'd be outa that joint faster than hell, I'd be draggin the old lady right behind me.

I don't care if I look like a wussy or not, you can't play around like that these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 01:38 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,900,954 times
might be a way to get the line in front of you at the airport thinned out a bit next time

Old 07-05-2016, 01:45 PM

17,500 posts, read 17,380,225 times
He's lucky to be alive and not in a hospital. Most people run from danger, some run towards danger. Until you've been through a particular event, you'll never know how you'll react to the situation. I know how I'll react to fire because I've had professional fire fighting training and have fought fires. I will run to the fire to do what I can to put the fire out or slow the spread until help arrives. I'd like to think that in the above situation I'd be among those rushing towards the guy in the hopes of either knocking him out or killing him before he has a chance to detonate a possible bomb. Even if he were able to detonate the bomb, our bum rushing him should offer others the chance to get away alive and only slightly injured. If I'm about to die, I want to go down fighting.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:49 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,401,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh I see, so you would shoot someone who yells fire in a theater?
Mmmm, yes. Always easy to be a tough guy behind a keyboard.
You get the point...
Don't mess with TEXAS.
And don't jump on a soapbox screaming Allah Akbar. You may die.
We have a way of culling the herd rather efficiently.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:52 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,401,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't shoot someone for that either.

Can't? or not applicable for the intent?

I can do anything I wish. I just may not get a second time.

I may feel, they are the fire, with 72 virgins on the cell phone.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:56 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,541,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...I actually think that the story is funny.
You wouldn't have found it so funny if you were sitting on the toilet in restroom, and you hear a mad dash and people shrieking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Then it's not as sick as you think it is.

Yeah, but I wasn't sitting in that bar.

Hey Mr. Poster without a funny bone....laughing at other's misfortunes is a huge part of comedy.

Calm down.
All about you huh? Can't relate or have any empathy for others. Thought doesn't even occur to you that must have been frightening for the patrons, when people leave purses and cell phones behind, they want out.

Don't worry, soon enough you will see suicide bombers in this country, they're already here. They're just waiting for the right time.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:09 PM

33,506 posts, read 18,026,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This happened in Idaho.

The guy, Ralmanzow Bell, 21, was drunk. In his backpack was a bottle of booze. Police arrested him for disorderly conduct. They say he has a long history with the police.

A couple of things and the last two have to do with shoddy reporting:

The people in the bar did the right thing but they could have shot him so the drunk is lucky.

Neither the UK paper nor the local NBC affiliate nor Fox News even say if he's a Muslim. Shouldn't they? If he's not, the Muslims could use a break. If he is, what's he doing drunk?

Lastly, and this is my biggest problem: Exactly what kind of history does he have with the police? It seems to me his multiple run-ins with the police should be a part of the story. None of the reports say what those run ins with the police were. Plus, Fox News identifies him as an Iowa man but the other reports say it happened in Idaho. Is the guy from Iowa but was in Idaho or did Fox News screw up and Iowa has nothing to do with it?
This is what terrorism is all about.. getting everyone scared no matter where they go... in the malls, movie houses, restaurants, and clubs. That is their goal.. to create panic and terrorize everyone thinking am I safe here?

Old 07-05-2016, 02:11 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,005,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Rather be tried by 12, than buried by 6
In today's atmosphere, that equates to yelling fire in a movie theater.
For somebody so concerned about their freedom and liberty, I would think you'd exercise some prudence before shooting somebody. Landing yourself in prison is a sure way to give up your liberty. And all the money you'd spend on lawyer's fees could be better used to a college fund for your daughter.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:12 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,045,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
might be a way to get the line in front of you at the airport thinned out a bit next time
LMAO...good one. I fly to Chicago next Wednesday...maybe I'll try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You get the point...
Don't mess with TEXAS.
And don't jump on a soapbox screaming Allah Akbar. You may die.
We have a way of culling the herd rather efficiently.
Oh stop. Texans?

Please. Of all the guys I served in the Army with, they were the longest on mouth and swagger and the shortest to back it up.

Texans do talk a good game though. It'll intimidate people if they don't know any better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You wouldn't have found it so funny if you were sitting on the toilet in restroom, and you hear a mad dash and people shrieking.

All about you huh? Can't relate or have any empathy for others. Thought doesn't even occur to you that must have been frightening for the patrons, when people leave purses and cell phones behind, they want out.

Don't worry, soon enough you will see suicide bombers in this country, they're already here. They're just waiting for the right time.
I'm laughing because it didn't happen to me. So that's funny. I laugh quite often at other people's misfortune knowing full well that I can be the victim one day. It's called having a sense of humour.

No, I won't laugh if it happened to me, but it didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This is what terrorism is all about.. getting everyone scared no matter where they go... in the malls, movie houses, restaurants, and clubs. That is their goal.. to create panic and terrorize everyone thinking am I safe here?
Meh...if you wanna live scared, that's your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
For somebody so concerned about their freedom and liberty, I would think you'd exercise some prudence before shooting somebody. Landing yourself in prison is a sure way to give up your liberty. And all the money you'd spend on lawyer's fees could be better used to a college fund for your daughter.
He ain't gonna shoot anybody.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:21 PM

19,741 posts, read 11,985,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The "pranksters" that I was replying about (see quote) were in Australia. And the thread isn't about a guy in Iowa, it's about one in Idaho.
Corn, potato. What difference does it make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies