Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
the only trend going upwards that I've seen from data are that murder rates are spiking, but that's mostly in bigger cities agitated by "something".

Do you have a source for the overall crime rate increasing?
yes, I speak with cops...law enforcement, etc.

most cities, especially large cities, like Philly, Atlanta, are not going to record all their crime, b/c they want tourists to come....in Philly there are shootings every single day....but hey, crime is decreasing right?

You people have no clue...none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Back it up or you lose.
I lose nothing, actually....

I'm not posting this to win anything, believe it or not, and then move on, your choice.

Not to mention, it would be a waste of time to try and prove anything different to someone as yourself, b/c your mind is already made up and closed. You are unable to even consider looking at another view...which stagnates...

Old 07-07-2016, 07:28 AM

This thread was opened for a discussion topic....most parents I know are aware of this problem....however, there is always more we can do to help thwart this....

FACT: People (criminals) are coming here from other countries, stealing our children, & selling them for child prostitution and labor in other countries. They are also selling them to people who cannot have children and have enough money to pay. It is a huge business world wide.

You have a choice, believe it or not...if not, please move on.

Otherwise, please share your experiences, on how you are training your kids to beware of this.....

Old 07-07-2016, 08:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This thread was opened for a discussion topic....most parents I know are aware of this problem....however, there is always more we can do to help thwart this....

FACT: People (criminals) are coming here from other countries, stealing our children, & selling them for child prostitution and labor in other countries. They are also selling them to people who cannot have children and have enough money to pay. It is a huge business world wide.

You have a choice, believe it or not...if not, please move on.

Otherwise, please share your experiences, on how you are training your kids to beware of this.....
If you assert crime is not dropping, and that the incidents of immigrants are kidnapping kids are rising, then prove it. You want a discussion, then back up your assertions, or nobody is going to take you seriously.

...unless that's what you want.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If you assert crime is not dropping, and that the incidents of immigrants are kidnapping kids are rising, then prove it. You want a discussion, then back up your assertions, or nobody is going to take you seriously.

...unless that's what you want.
crime is NOT dropping, period, believe it or not!
I am asserting that the U.S. has a human trafficking problem...
I am also asserting that in my area, every year, we hear about vans waiting outside of schools, or a man who approached kids from a van, trying to grab them....or talk to them...it is a growing problem....

Just b/c you have not heard of it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
To make light of it, is to me, idiotic....it may never happen anywhere near you....however, if it does, then what? That particular parent might have prevented it, by a little bit of knowledge.

What I mean is, by we have to change our way of thinking is this

This is no longer a safe world...it isn't the same world we had growing up...parents fear leaving their kids outside to play....due to this problem and also child prediters....

When my son was small and living at home, we always had family meetings where we discussed, what to do if there is a fire in the home...or what to do, if someone grabs you and tries to run away with you....and what not to do.

There is a man who performed many tests, by using computers to lure children to a park, or restaurant...all the parents said, "My child would never go". Well, the man contacted the child when the child thought the parents were not home...and one of them even invited the man to come to her home. She was 13 years old. When the man came to the home, the parents were shocked, and really scared that the daughter they thought would never do such a thing, did so. And there were many other tests done with children and their parents....shows how trusting our children are.

Now, you can believe it or not, I don't really care....it is in fact happening...and I'm not saying all illegals, but I do know that some, not all have been illegals from Mexico and many other countries. Buddy, human trafficking is a lucrative business....period. (Please think about it) and don't be so quick to diss it....it does happen. And yes, crime in the U.S. is rising...believe it, or not....I don't really care.

https://www.ice.gov/factsheets/human-trafficking

Oh and by the way, this isn't fear mongering....this is simply preventative training for everyone....
At work we had training on what to do if a shooter gets in our building....
it's common sense...we also have fire drills, again, common sense....

Old 07-07-2016, 10:07 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Is the OP asserting that crime continues to rise and that big, inner-city police and legislators are just covering up a vast percentage of them?

Does this hold true for suburbs and rural areas as well?

Do you think we should be more worried about "Mexicans and blacks" and immigrants being prone to crime and violence than any demographic of people who were born here?

Old 07-07-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Redshadowz

But in my opinion, I think what has so many people bothered, is where the crime is happening.
ABSOLUTELY, I also want to know, who are the people committing these crimes....are they illegals, how many times have they been arrested? Do you know that most criminals have been arrested over and over again, since they were children, and each crime gets worse....that is our tax dollars at work here

Quote:
I think in the past, the vast-majority of crime was basically bottled-up in poor areas of major cities. People who lived in the country, and even people who lived in the suburbs, were pretty safe.
Your right, but as our world gets smaller, crime is getting worse.

Quote:
For some reference, if we think of drugs; In the past, most of the drugs, and the drug-dealers, were located in the ghettos. Now, drugs are everywhere. The countryside is full of drugs(especially meth), and the suburbs are full of drugs(pain pills, marijuana, cocaine, heroine, etc).
Indeed it is....

This means that crime has become more diffused. And instead of feeling safe in your all-white suburb. Which was the byproduct of 1960's and 1970's "white-flight". You increasingly don't feel safe anywhere.

Quote:
Throw on top of that a culture of immorality, which appears to be degenerating, and from the outside, it certainly feels like things must be getting worse.
we are indeed corroding from the inside out....

Old 07-07-2016, 10:14 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Yippee!! Open Borders!! We need to import more trash to add to the homegrown variety we already have here!!

Old 07-07-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Of course there are always animals posing as human beings who impose their will upon others through force, that is a given...

However, to institutionalize aggression through government force, is to expand and justify aggression and violence throughout "society". To "legalize" aggression and violence of one group upon another, "democracy", is to turn the populace into barbaric bands of thugs battling each other with violence, coercion, and violence. (Of course they claim to be innocent of crime, because they contract their evil upon their neighbor out to government thugs...)

agree

Old 07-07-2016, 10:23 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yippee!! Open Borders!! We need to import more trash to add to the homegrown variety we already have here!!
In your estimation, what percentage of people coming to the US from other countries qualify as "trash?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies