Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 07:03 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The only reason she has ratings is because she's sandwiched between the 2 stars.

I usually change the channel when she comes on.
Apparently few others do so, whereas more viewers tune out when Hannity comes on as his ratings are lower than Kelly's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 09:36 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Just like Megyn Kelly and all of the other Ailes victims and the Bill Cosby victims, it's a "he said, she said" situation in a world with limited job opportunities and a very powerful boss able to sabotage a career.
Limited job opportunities???

Lol just stop.. This isn't some unskilled factory worker in a town with high unemployment we're talking about. Look up who her husband is, and what her net-worth is. She didn't *NEED* the job or the money ERGO she didn't have to put up with any **** from anybody.

Last edited by Upstate67; 07-20-2016 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-21-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Limited job opportunities???

Lol just stop.. This isn't some unskilled factory worker in a town with high unemployment we're talking about. Look up who her husband is, and what her net-worth is. She didn't *NEED* the job or the money ERGO she didn't have to put up with any **** from anybody.
There are limited job opportunities for national, on-air broadcasting jobs. And many women want to work regardless of their husband's financial resources.

A decade ago when she was starting out, Megyn Kelley did have limited job opportunities in broadcast journalism. She was married to a doctor who she subsequently divorced, and perhaps was thinking about divorcing him at the time.

Ex-husband of FOX News' Megyn Kelly speaks out about his marriage to the star | Daily Mail Online

Kelly likely now makes much more money annually than either her current or ex- husband.

Do you deny that if any woman wants to work for any reason, especially with no established career in her desired field, that she's very vulnerable when propositioned by a boss???

Just stop your condescending, ignorant spiel and recognize the real world for it is -- women overwhelmingly don't challenge a powerful boss or industry figurehead of sexual harassment until they perceive real injury. Unless you think all of the women who are now accusing both Ailes and Cosby are delusional or liars, these men got away with their lecherous behavior for several decades each. Oh yeah, I thought your post 117 was a little creepy as well, so I'm not surprised you're siding with Ailes.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
A decade ago when she was starting out, Megyn Kelley did have limited job opportunities in broadcast journalism. She was married to a doctor who she subsequently divorced, and perhaps was thinking about divorcing at the time.
We're not talking about Megyn Kelly, we're talking about Gretchen Carlson.

And she has options in life that the vast majority of women do not have. Yet she somehow endured this alleged harassment, didn't she.. Right up until the very day her contract was not renewed.

Quote:
Do you deny that if any woman wants to work for any reason, especially with no established career in her desired field, that she's very vulnerable when propositioned by a boss???
ANY woman who has a million plus dollars in the bank does not *NEED* to work. Ok, so maybe they *WANT* to... no problem with that at all. But if they choose to, and then put up with sexual harassment for whatever reason, then that's on them and them alone. Remember, they don't *NEED* this job in order to pay the bills, right? Anything beyond that and they're just feeding their egos.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:08 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Just like Megyn Kelly and all of the other Ailes victims and the Bill Cosby victims, it's a "he said, she said" situation in a world with limited job opportunities and a very powerful boss able to sabotage a career.

It takes a lot of strength to just turn down the advances. Carlson did complain when she felt she experienced harassment from other Fox men, and Ailes mocked her and suggested again that they should have a sexual relationship.

Didn't you read any of the linked articles???

When Carlson was terminated, she no longer had anything to lose and decided to fight back.

When Kelly figured out she was finally in a position of power, because of Carlson's charges and the resulting independent investigation, she also apparently came clean, and she very likely would be rehired by the Murdochs or another network regardless of her charges. The combination of these two higher personalities and the charges being made by others have forced the Murdochs to cut bait with Ailes.

Again, all of the Ailes defenders should read Kellie Boyle's account detailed in post 52. It's disgusting.

What?

Did I miss something?

"When Carlson was terminated, she no longer had anything to lose and decided to fight back."

Any proof to this crap beyond more accusations by women looking to extort money from a company with deep pockets?

Old 07-21-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What?

Did I miss something?

"When Carlson was terminated, she no longer had anything to lose and decided to fight back."

Any proof to this crap beyond more accusations by women looking to extort money from a company with deep pockets?
Lol I missed that one.. Gretchen never had anything to lose period. She and her husband are both filthy rich and I really doubt she needed her gig at FNC to make her car payment lol.

Her working there was not about money though, and neither is this lawsuit. Working there fed her ego, and the loss of that was probably too much to stand IMO.. Read her book and check out her facebook page and you'll see what I mean. I was one of her biggest fans until I did, so if it turned ME against her then that says a lot.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What?

Did I miss something?

Apparently, you forgot that Carlson filed a lawsuit that apparently will terminate Ailes employment by Fox News.

Even if she doesn't get a penny, she fought back. And Megyn Kelly put the nails in Ailes coffin.

Yeah, you missed everything.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
We're not talking about Megyn Kelly, we're talking about Gretchen Carlson.

And she has options in life that the vast majority of women do not have. Yet she somehow endured this alleged harassment, didn't she.. Right up until the very day her contract was not renewed.
So what? She shouldn't be allowed to fight back when she thinks she has been wronged, even if like many others, including men, she put up with an abusive boss in order to further her career? Apparently the Murdochs think she had a case, or Ailes would not be on the ropes now.

I'm sorry that Gretchen Carlson is more than the "gorgeous" talking head who so fascinated you.

Quote:
ANY woman who has a million plus dollars in the bank does not *NEED* to work. Ok, so maybe they *WANT* to... no problem with that at all. But if they choose to, and then put up with sexual harassment for whatever reason, then that's on them and them alone. Remember, they don't *NEED* this job in order to pay the bills, right? Anything beyond that and they're just feeding their egos.
Sick. Sick. Sick.

So you believe that Carlson and Kelly should have abandoned their careers at Fox, or reported Ailes' actions to Fox when they were relatively professional nobodies.

When they finally decided to act on their abuse, you believe they should have lied, or done nothing.

Sick. Sick. Sick.

I notice that you don't even argue that they lied about Ailes. If not, what did they do wrong?

Old 07-21-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Sick. Sick. Sick.

So you believe that Carlson and Kelly should have abandoned their careers at Fox, or reported Ailes' actions to Fox when they were relatively professional nobodies.
Yes.

If a woman doesn't need the job to keep a roof over her head, or feed her children, then she's just working to stroke her ego. So if a woman in that position is harassed and she doesn't do anything about it, then she chooses ego over personal dignity.

Also, Gretchen was not a "professional nobody" before she worked for FNC. She had worked at CBS already, and in several local markets before that. And she was Miss America. So stop pretending like she never had options.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Yes.

If a woman doesn't need the job to keep a roof over her head, or feed her children, then she's just working to stroke her ego. So if a woman in that position is harassed and she doesn't do anything about it, then she chooses ego over personal dignity.
Wow, you are a mini Ailes wannabe!!!

Quote:
Also, Gretchen was not a "professional nobody" before she worked for FNC. She had worked at CBS already, and in several local markets before that. And she was Miss America. So stop pretending like she never had options.
Being a Miss America assures any winner of gigs like anchors or hosts on a major cable news network show? Sort of like, what, winning the Heisman Trophy, or, apparently in your opinion, much better. Please show me that long list of professionally stellar Miss Americas.

Carlson never had the national prominence at CBS that she achieved at Fox. You argue that she should have left Fox or outed Ailes when the apparent slimeball first began to harass her, rather than brush him off, just as many other women apparently have done in his long career, including Megyn Kelly.

Then you and others fault them finally for apparently telling the truth about the guy.

You may be in the Ailes fan club, with your stated obsession with attractive news anchors.

As I've repeatedly stated, I find Ailes and Fox News voyeur audience more than a little disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies