Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 11:37 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I actually think Comey is handling himself very well.

Hell, he's basically saying that Clinton is a big dummy and doesn't know crap from crapola.
And ignorance is no excuse . Hillary is dumber than a rock and guilty as hell. This FBI guy says ignorance is excusable..I have lost faith in our government. So if we commit a crime we can plead dumbness.

And this dumb woman suppose to be experienced. In what? Lying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 11:38 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
So Comfy decides the meaning of Laws and if we should follow them?

Must can pick that up from Obama.
Obama and Chief Justice Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I feel like the Democrats were sure of what the Republicans were going to ask and prepared their questions based on that ahead of time. Except it didn't happen - well once I would say it did. And only a few of the Republicans got into the details I was interested to hear. So basically, a few asked good questions which garnered more information but asking him to simply repeat the exact same information he gave in his press conference is a waste of time.
They weren't interested in asking good questions or generating new facts. They were interested in being seen.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:40 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And ignorance is no excuse . Hillary is dumber than a rock and guilty as hell. This FBI guy says ignorance is excusable..I have lost faith in our government. So if we commit a crime we can plead dumbness.

And this dumb woman suppose to be experienced. In what? Lying?
Comey actually explained the legal difference between pleading ignorance to the speed limit when being pulled over and this specific case.

Except I had to take a bathroom break and didn't hear the answer. Ooops.

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, the Benghazi horse has been beaten to a pulp, the witch hunters gotta do something.
And here we are - another congressional investigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Oh look, Congress is wasting time on yet another hearing that will result in a big fat goose egg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, they've just begun. Look for an "ALL NEW AND IMPROVED INVESTIGATION INTO HILLARY CLINTON!!!!! COMING SOON TO THE REPUBLICAN-LED HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES!!!!!!!!!"

They are absolutely incapable of governing, so they might as well stick to the one and only thing they excel at, never-ending bogus "investigations" of their political opponents. They'll cost us another seven million dollars while they continue to try to bring Clinton down.

The GOP House is the biggest waste of space on the planet these days. Completely useless to the task they were elected to do.
This is all they know how to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Rep Cooper made a good point that many in Congress also use personal email. I don't doubt that if you dug into everyone in governments personal accounts you'll find something objectionable.

This is a witch hunt of the highest order.
You know it. Once again - Republicans carry things too far - to the point where they just look like fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveCoffee View Post
Confused here.....yesterday it was announced that Lynch said "NO charges".

So, what is this hearing about, to see if the case can be reopened?

Thanks!
It's just the Republicans next chase for the next shiny object that THEY think will bring the Clinton's down. As far as they are concerned - if she's not in shackles and chains - they have lost.

AND another opportunity for the Congresscritters to get on television.

PUKE>

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
They weren't interested in asking good questions or generating new facts. They were interested in being seen.
Some were good questions and I felt like I've learned new information today so I'm happy the hearing was done. Could have been condensed considerably but it's the gov't. They do nothing fast or efficient.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:41 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I feel like the Democrats were sure of what the Republicans were going to ask and prepared their questions based on that ahead of time. Except it didn't happen - well once I would say it did. And only a few of the Republicans got into the details I was interested to hear. So basically, a few asked good questions which garnered more information but asking him to simply repeat the exact same information he gave in his press conference is a waste of time.
It's actually not a waste of time.

For those that only want immediate open/close results, yes. But the process of continuous inquiry is to define and highlight the gravity of the matter.

This is a perfect hearing for all criminal investigators, students, and lawyers to watch over and over again.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Are some of you commenting without watching? It sure sounds that way.

It isn't the job of the FBI to compare what the defendant testified to under oath before Congress, and what he or she is telling the FBI. They didn't ask her about that because it falls outside the realm of what their investigation was about.

You're looking at this with a bias, just as Senator Lieu stated THEY were all doing, due to your political leanings - rather than even trying to remain neutral.

If it was your candidate who was being identified, you'd be hearing things differently.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:46 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
It's actually not a waste of time.

For those that only want immediate open/close results, yes. But the process of continuous inquiry is to define and highlight the gravity of the matter.

This is a perfect hearing for all criminal investigators, students, and lawyers to watch over and over again.
Oh, I'm not criticizing the hearing itself. I'm finding it one of the most informative ones to date. Learning plenty of new things. Heck, I've had a clearance and apparently what we were told, trained on, and knew to be fact on the law concerning clearances is not, apparently, true. Particularly with respect to willful intent because we were always told intent wasn't an element and could go to jail for exposing classified information. Apparently, all that would happen was we could lose our job and/or clearance. This testimony seriously changes the training and information the gov't has been giving on clearances since the beginning of time.

ETA: Did we just merge threads?

Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
One would have thought she would have spoken to the FBI under oath? What is the difference between lying under oath (illegal) and simply lying to the FBI (illegal). Is under oath only for trial and not investigation?

Only watched part of it but the "cafe' guy" started off slow then really socked some good questions Comey's way. Had Comey stumbling between gross negligence and extreme carelessness like they were one in the same.

I'm not party loyal, I'm a moderate. I swing Democrat or Republican depending on the issues at hand and how candidates will alter the course of the larger picture. Republicans were asking very concise, honest questions and both them and Comey were respectfully engaging each other and clearing the water. I looked forward to every question, and for the most part Comey was answering in a truthful yet cautious "layer" way. I can respect that.

I have to ask how are these Democrats even on the justice committee? They were like a joke. Wasting time praising Comey, going over their own accolades, and read prewritten responses, pre-written , beginning with the vicious attacks from the Republican side and how it thwarts freedom yada yada. These people are on the Justice Board!!! You're on that board to be objective, fair, and to uphold honesty and integrity in all its forms. Just a complete joke. Democrats, I'm walking away. Our nation has failed when we have people like this in those positions. Just sad all around, too sad.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:52 AM

152 posts, read 186,092 times
The Republican congress is once again making complete A$$es out of themselves. Having an inquiry is on thing, but this is just a continued witch hunt and attempt to denigrate Hillary. Many of their questions were completely inappropriate.

Skeptical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies