Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 03:16 PM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Ohhhh wait multi thousands of hackers have accessed multi Government sites..acessing them to personal files of employees..Social Security # ..address..IP address..Phone numbers..etc etc.."

Great! Lets' get rid of ALL the classified process. we could save BILLIONS.
This very minute and for the next three years the USA taxpayer will be paying for credit watch on both DH and me.

And he didn't even work for the Feds. He worked part time for a contractor. Somebody hacked
the Office Of Personnel Management and got all his info, including fingerprints. I'm guessing millions of people were on that site.

Thanks so much for the identity theft protection, y'all. But shouldn't the Congress stop the fundraising long enough to mind the store?

If there is a problem with Billary and the basement server, and if the law was so badly written that the FBI is helpless, it is the fault of the Congress. They are supposed to oversee everything they fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:19 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
This very minute and for the next three years the USA taxpayer will be paying for credit watch on both DH and me.

And he didn't even work for the Feds. He worked part time for a contractor. Somebody hacked
the Office Of Personnel Management and got all his info, including fingerprints. I'm guessing millions of people were on that site.

Thanks so much for the identity theft protection, y'all. But shouldn't the Congress stop the fundraising long enough to mind the store?

If there is a problem with Billary and the basement server, and if the law was so badly written that the FBI is helpless, it is the fault of the Congress. They are supposed to oversee everything they fund.
"and if the law was so badly written"

MANY very reputable lawyers, many former FEDERAL persecutors, have said otherwise.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:25 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Right! And what about racist police "brutality" against blacks?

THAT really belonged at this hearing. wink-wink!

OH, I forgot. you ONLY care about the repub questions.

By the way, did the dems ask ANY pertinent questions?

As much as some dems whine about how much this is costing, look, we could have cut the cost of this in half if we didn't have dems there to give speeches.

Oh, the hypocrisy!!
I didn't see the entire hearing, that would also be inappropriate.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:31 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Setting up a private server to avoid government scrutiny is NOT "unintentional mistakes"

Removing classified markings and giving those documents to people who do NOT have a clearance is NOT "unintentional"

EVERY thing she did, she did ON PURPOSE.

NOTHING was "unintentional".
The server was originally intended for personal email but obviously she became careless over time.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:38 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
He did explain that. Said it was a longstanding DOJ prosecutorial discretion thing. I don't think Comey is lying about that. I do question this policy by the DOJ though. Either the law is too weak or the DOJ has been ignoring law for over 50 years it should not have.
Looks like the FBI Comey has very low standards on keeping highly classified information out of the hands of other entities.. They will not uphold the law especially concerning Hillary. Not even a reprimand. Nothing. We have a very weak standard and it is eye opening to see how low the standards are as explained by Comey. A figurehead of what the FBI should be. . This is what our tax dollars pay for?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:48 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The server was originally intended for personal email but obviously she became careless over time.
Again, as someone that had a security clearance, it should have dawned on her immediately that it was wrong. Not careless, not unintentional - wrong.

Luckily, I get more excuses for when I get stopped by cops, courtesy of Dems. Sorry officer, I became careless, and before I knew it I was going 100 mph. No ticket!

Old 07-07-2016, 03:48 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
'she became careless over time'

Old 07-07-2016, 03:49 PM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Not defending Billary, but how could she avoid government scrutiny when the e mails were within "the government".

Three of ten classified documents were mislabeled. The training manual said classified needed to have a Classified banner and did not. THe FBI guy said some documents were marked classified after they left her. Many are not classified and when later read before release, they are marked classified.

There is a problem with Billary, for sure. BUT, there is also a problem with how documents are classified and archived.

I still think it would have been easier and cheaper just to hire a clerk with clearance to walk behind her and tend to the communications, if she did not want multiple devices.

My kid carries 3 phones and a laptop for his work. Many others do, too.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:53 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
That's not what he said. He said a regular Joe would NOT be prosecuted.
The law says they would if the average Joe did what Hillary did., yet Comey stated Hillary did not break the law.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Looks like the FBI Comey has very low standards on keeping highly classified information out of the hands of other entities.. They will not uphold the law especially concerning Hillary. Not even a reprimand. Nothing. We have a very weak standard and it is eye opening to see how low the standards are as explained by Comey. A figurehead of what the FBI should be. . This is what our tax dollars pay for?
I think a priority for the next prez should be to immediately introduce legislation prohibiting any Cabinet member from using private unsecure email servers in their home basements to handle classified documents; to not use personal unsecure blackberries in foreign countries; and to tell the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies