Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:46 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times

Advertisements

The top adviser to Jeb Bush switches her registration to Independent and will not support Trump.

Quote:
(CNN)Jeb Bush's top adviser, Sally Bradshaw, has left the Republican Party to become an independent, and says if the presidential race in Florida is close, she'll vote for Hillary Clinton.

Bradshaw, who's been close to the former Florida governor for decades and was senior adviser to his 2016 campaign, officially switched her registration to unaffiliated. She told CNN's Jamie Gangel in an email interview that the GOP is "at a crossroads and have nominated a total narcissist -- a misogynist -- a bigot."

"This is a time when country has to take priority over political parties. Donald Trump cannot be elected president," Bradshaw said.
The departure from the Republican Party of a Bush loyalist -- Bradshaw began her career working for George H.W. Bush's 1988 campaign -- is the latest sign of an influential and respected member of the GOP establishment turning against Trump.
Quote:
"This election cycle is a test," Bradshaw said. "As much as I don't want another four years of (President Barack) Obama's policies, I can't look my children in the eye and tell them I voted for Donald Trump. I can't tell them to love their neighbor and treat others the way they wanted to be treated, and then vote for Donald Trump. I won't do it."
Top Jeb Bush adviser leaves GOP, will vote for Clinton if Florida close - CNNPolitics.com

https://ballotpedia.org/Sally_Bradshaw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 11:50 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Goodbye. don't let the door.. on second thought

Old 08-01-2016, 11:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The top adviser to Jeb Bush switches her registration to Independent and will not support Trump.]
Well, what do you know? A principled Republican. Good for her. There's no room for principles in the Trump Party, formerly known as the GOP.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:53 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Obviously, we are going to name these one-by-one. Of course, those leaving the Dem camp, of which there are many, but maybe not as "important" to rate a news story, far out number these one-by-one stories.

I did not vote for Bush so, I'm thinking I don't care what his adviser or him do or think.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:20 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Obviously, we are going to name these one-by-one. Of course, those leaving the Dem camp, of which there are many, but maybe not as "important" to rate a news story, far out number these one-by-one stories.

I did not vote for Bush so, I'm thinking I don't care what his adviser or him do or think.
The "Trump Democrats" have regularly voted for Republicans in general elections for years. The only thing new this time is that they showed up to vote for Trump in the Republican primaries.

Quote:
"All he seems to have done is bring new people into the primary process, not bring new people into the general-election process … It’s exciting that these new people that are engaged in the primary but those people are people that are already going to vote Republican in the [fall],” said Alex Lundry, who served as director of data science for Mitt Romney in 2012, when presented Politico’s findings. “It confirms what my suspicion has been all along.”

Politico: Very few of Trump’s voters are new to the GOP « Hot Air

Old 08-01-2016, 12:26 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
Quote:
The "Trump Democrats" have regularly voted for Republicans in general elections for years. The only thing new this time is that they showed up to vote for Trump in the Republican primaries.

^ this

I don't understand why people don't get this. The reality is that most blue collar Whites have been voting Republican for years now, even if they are still registered as Democrats. These are the last remaining "Reagan Democrats" that are not permanently residing in a local cemetery.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
yeah Florida will be decided by 1 vote.....why is this news? most of the BUSH camp are not voting for Trump, they will stay home or vote for Hillary......why is this news?

even Ana Navarro who was in Bush's camp said it all the time on CNN for months.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:47 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:

Politico is the light version of the Huffington Post.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:53 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
yeah Florida will be decided by 1 vote.....why is this news? most of the BUSH camp are not voting for Trump, they will stay home or vote for Hillary......why is this news?

even Ana Navarro who was in Bush's camp said it all the time on CNN for months.
You're right, no single person's vote counts for anything. So, since all you Trump supporters are so convinced he's going to win in an historic landslide, you can just relax and stay home on Election Day, your vote won't matter anyway.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:54 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Goodbye. don't let the door.. on second thought
exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies