Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 01:14 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
So every single relative of yours smoked pot with their children in close proximity?
The sentence I responded to was about "smoke"; that sentence didn't mention pot smoke.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And therefore, the death penalty is appropriate?
Quote:
If you don't think people should be involved in the discussion unless they have all the information...then why are you in the discussion?

We are leaping to the point because a traffic stop does not justify the death penalty. Period.
I said several times that a traffic stop shouldn't become a death sentence, people continue to try and paint it that way for the dramatic impact of the statement, so lets cut that nonsense.

My simple point was that nobody has the whole story yet, so to say it was an inexcuseable murder is jumping to a conclusion. We do on the other hand know for a fact that Philando had a close resemblance to a suspect that robbed a store at gun point, and had a long history of moving violations, both of which make an excusable reason to simply pull the guy over, which was my only argument, that this cop was justified for pulling him over based on those FACTS. Anything else beyond that when it comes to why he pulled the trigger, either in favor or against the cop is purely speculation that is not supported by facts.

These are two separate arguments, so stop combining the two when one has facts to support it, while the other does not have facts that have yet been divulged.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I hope that Family Services is investigating this woman. Driving around smoking weed with your kid in the car, all while filming yourself, is the definition of child endangerment!
Now, despite the side of this conversation I'm on, I think that statement is fair.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:38 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Jesus ! Seeing that poor little kid sitting in the back of that car while they smoked pot broke my heart ! And they wonder why in 10 years this same kid will be doing drivebys ! You know some of that smoke was inhaled by the little boy. If that isn't child endangerment, I don't know what is.

As for him being pulled over 52 times.........uh, and you think the police were the ones at fault somehow ? It's a miracle this guy lived as long as he did, living the kind of life he did. And that chick is no better and should lose custody of her child. It might not be too late to save him from following in Baby Daddy's footsteps.

Very sad situation, and all too common. This is the martyr the protesters want to riot for ?

Don
What are you even talking about? What kind of life do you think he lived?
He got pulled over 52 times in 14 years yet no arrest record and no charges-seems he's living pretty clean to me.

It's called racial profiling, and that is no justification for murdering this man in front of his wife and child. People like you will continue to find whatever they can to justify murder but you are only exposing yourself as mindless, heartless and soulless. Seems you have several racial hangups you need to work on, and much hatred you need to let go of. Cops pull people over CONSTANTLY for no reason, it means nothing.

No matter what damage "second hand weed smoke" does (and it is proven to be less harmful than cigarette smoke), nothing will come close to the life-long psychological damage of witnessing your father shot and killed by a crazed Cop when you are 4 years old.

Ugh, people that think as you do are the worst. You must be an ex-cop.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:03 PM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What does my color or geographic location have to do with logic. You people are so hell bent on race that you want to turn a simple logical observation into a "white privilege" type argument.

The question was asked why more family type beaters get pulled over, I stated a simple logical hypothesis that the old beat up family cars are usually easier to be pulled over because they tend to have broken tail lights and mirrors or other safety issues that are visually easy to pick off. The giant SUVs that are all souped up which you mention tend to have none of those issues because the owners are pretty on top of keeping them in prime condition. But I get it, I'm "probably white" so that logic cant be used because I'm a dummy and could never understand anything since I'm not black.
Why I said you are not black is you don't know the condition of the car is irrelevant. I have been stopped many times in many states,drug searched and not ticketed. Why I figured you didn't know the ways of the hood is you may not be aware that criminals who drive around with guns, drugs and lots of cash, drive the best looking SUV's and they seem to not be worried about getting stopped.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:15 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
The sentence I responded to was about "smoke"; that sentence didn't mention pot smoke.
The post you responded to did.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why I said you are not black is you don't know the condition of the car is irrelevant. I have been stopped many times in many states,drug searched and not ticketed. Why I figured you didn't know the ways of the hood is you may not be aware that criminals who drive around with guns, drugs and lots of cash, drive the best looking SUV's and they seem to not be worried about getting stopped.
This is EXACTLY my point. Its much harder for a cop to pull over a car if its well maintained and not a beat up old junker.

Again, this has nothing to do with race, I've been in many shady areas of NY, NJ, Boston, and Philly and I know the types you are talking about. The cars are pristine, the only excuse to pull them over depending on the state laws are tinted windows, light covers, or plate covers.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:07 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,229,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That doesn't surprise me. I have to be honest and say that living in a predominantly African descended place outside of the mainland U.S. makes it clear that the mainland has a serious issue. The difference is glaringly obvious.

Of course, there are problems everywhere, but I appreciate where I live even more now.

Hispanic is not a race, btw.
Yeeeeeokay, it's not exactly white though, is it? It's of "Hispanic descent" or "African Descent" or "Caucasian Descent".......to say outright he was "shot by a white officer" is simply not correct.....and yet, you and the media give it a pass.

BTW, 3 white cops were killed after the 5 in Dallas last weekend....did you know that? Where's the outrage? You know, cause shiite and tear things up over it.....their lives matter too, don't they?

Old 07-12-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
What are you even talking about? What kind of life do you think he lived?
He got pulled over 52 times in 14 years yet no arrest record and no charges-seems he's living pretty clean to me.

It's called racial profiling, and that is no justification for murdering this man in front of his wife and child. People like you will continue to find whatever they can to justify murder but you are only exposing yourself as mindless, heartless and soulless. Seems you have several racial hangups you need to work on, and much hatred you need to let go of. Cops pull people over CONSTANTLY for no reason, it means nothing.

No matter what damage "second hand weed smoke" does (and it is proven to be less harmful than cigarette smoke), nothing will come close to the life-long psychological damage of witnessing your father shot and killed by a crazed Cop when you are 4 years old.

Ugh, people that think as you do are the worst. You must be an ex-cop.
All so true.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The post you responded to did.
Then let me repeat for you since you are confused about my post. I was referring to cigarette smoke. Period. And, despite their shortcoming, I don't need anyone making insulting comments about my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies