Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 12:50 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times

Advertisements

The incident in MN should in NO WAY be tied to the one in Baton Rouge. Apples and oranges.

What happened in MN, IMO is a horrific tragedy. That cop needs to be stripped of his badge and charges ought to be filed. He belongs in jail.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:53 PM

11,784 posts, read 5,795,007 times
OK - you proved that he had a permit to conceal - but have you even bothered reading anymore about the incident since it happened?

The driver resembled a robbery suspect ( there is evidence mounting that he and darling girlfriend indeed may very well have robbed an establishment ). The car was stopped because he resembled that suspect the police were looking for. The officer asked for his license and registration - normal - but then the suspect announced he had a permit to carry and was carrying a gun - hence why he was told to keep his hands visible which he didn't and instead continued reaching for his wallet.

And something that really bugs me - the officer was of Mexican decent - he was not white - but the libs want you to think differently. People are whatever race they want them to be to fit their agenda that it was a white cop killing a black man.

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Post the photo in question.

Thanks.
I'll see if I can find it. I saw it in another thread about the shooting.

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
I don't care what color a person is. If you are legally carrying , you must do EVERYTHING you possibly can to make sure that officer is at a point where he doesn't feel threatened. If he tells you to sing Kum Ba Yah, then you damn well better start singing it.

He reached for something after the officer told him not too. That was a deadly mistake.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:54 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
The incident in MN should in NO WAY be tied to the one in Baton Rouge. Apples and oranges.
I didn't mention Baton Rouge, because the case has nothing to do with a legal permit to carry. Sterling had an illegal gun and clearly would not have told those officers he was carrying. So that situation is not applicable to law-abiding people of color legally carrying, nor my question at hand.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:55 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I don't care what color a person is. If you are legally carrying , you must do EVERYTHING you possibly can to make sure that officer is at a point where he doesn't feel threatened. If he tells you to sing Kum Ba Yah, then you damn well better start singing it.

He reached for something after the officer told him not too. That was a deadly mistake.

did he not obey? you saying he disobeyed-- can you say the cop in the case was wrong?

Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

So based your advice, people (all races) should fear the police. Misunderstanding his direction or not hearing correctly because of nearby traffic can lead to your death. Wow! No wonder people freak out at the site of red and blue lights in the rear view.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
I didn't mention Baton Rouge, because the case has nothing to do with a legal permit to carry. Sterling had an illegal gun and clearly would not have told those officers he was carrying. So that situation is not applicable to law-abiding people of color legally carrying, nor my question at hand.
I realize that. but they're both being lumped together by the media and many others. Just because they happened days apart, doesn't mean they are remotely related.

as I said on my initial reply - IMO, the MN shooting was a horrific tragedy.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:01 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
did he not obey? you saying he disobeyed-- can you say the cop in the case was wrong?

I can only comment on what I saw, and heard in that short video. The officer said he reached for something, after being told not too.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
( there is evidence mounting that he and darling girlfriend indeed may very well have robbed an establishment ).
Show the evidence. I did to support my supposition. Otherwise your "mounting evidence" is meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OK -

And something that really bugs me - the officer was of Mexican decent - he was not white - but the libs want you to think differently. People are whatever race they want them to be to fit their agenda that it was a white cop killing a black man.
Irrelevant to my post or my question, neither which presumes the race of the officer. My question is regarding the mental state of the officer and their actions when presented with the presence of gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies