Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 04:32 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
What do you think he is going to say? I saw a license and I decided to shoot? lol He is going to say he went for his gun.
You mean a cop would lie, now that's far fetched.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:34 PM

932 posts, read 899,482 times
Quote:
LOL its true.

Exactly everybody point including BLM

Old 07-13-2016, 04:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Yes but someone died here - for what ? A broken taillight ? So what if he had a gun ? He was not being pulled over for armed robbery or being a menace to the public. And where is the officer being charged ? ANSWER: He is not being charged even though it would be obvious to any reasonable person he is at least guilty of manslaughter and/or reckless endangerment.

In my state I can drive around with guns in my car no problem does that mean that I should run the risk of being shot if I am pulled over for rolling through a stop sign ? Bottomline the cop used his predjuice as a basis for an unlawful action - namely a black man with a gun was a danger to himself; and people still wonder why black people are pissed ?
Well actually it appears from some reports he was being pulled over because he was suspected of matching the description of a recent armed robber.........apparently police radio chatter someone posted.......don't know if authorities have confirmed or denied that yet.

You have no idea if the cop used his prejudice as a basis for unlawful action.

For all you know this was just a cluster**** of bad communication.

Sometimes tragic things happen where no one or everyone is to blame.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:40 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
What do you think he is going to say? I saw a license and I decided to shoot? lol He is going to say he went for his gun.

I think it will make more sense when the dash cam video/audio is released.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:44 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Never saw her daughter in the car in those videos.
How could you possibly miss her? The daughter even speaks to her but mom seems more interested in shooting video and her blunt.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Can anyone explain to me what evidence they have that this cop did something wrong? His partner will back up what the cop says and this case goes bye bye! BLM will have egg on their face again. BLM has zero credibility!!!
Its a given the officer who shot will say he reasonably feared for his life. No guilty person admits their crime unless they are trying to plea bargain.

Its hard to tell what your position is from some of your statements.

Are you saying the other police officer will back him up right or wrong? And, are you happy about that?

Old 07-13-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I think it will make more sense when the dash cam video/audio is released.
I'd be surprised if the dash cam captured all the audio or any video that sheds light. But, hopefully I'm wrong. That would be great if it makes a clear case one way or the other.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This was a live internet feed.
Not of the shooting and not of anything that led up to the shooting.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So when a police officer gives you 2 conflicting orders, and you make the mistake of following the wrong order, you should be shot to death?
How do you know the officer gave two conflicting orders?

Old 07-13-2016, 05:31 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Feel free to call me out on this. This is just a theory of mine.

I am going to preface this by mentioning this. I have seen things on social media, from not only Blacks, but Whites, Hispanics, and other groups condemning the killing of civilians by certain police officers. There are people calling for a better way.

That noted, there is a theory I want to present. It only applies to those who have the thinking I'm speaking of. There are those who even after seeing that he had a permit, even after seeing the carnage, will try to justify what happened to this man. My theory is this. I don't think it is a message of being "pro-police". You can be pro-police and still speak out against police brutality. I think it is a message of:

"We're afraid of Blacks. We don't feel safe with them here. They only bring problems. We feel safer if the police go harder than normal on them". There are those who think with the mentality of "Yes, the way I think is wrong, and it isn't fair. I'd rather be wrong for being a bigot than risk being a victim". And in addition "Well, if you aren't the criminal type, well, rotten apple spoils the bunch". In short, an attitude of "better them than us". Lack of empathy.

My theory is only meant to apply to those who think in that manner.
I agree with much of what you've said here. There's an underlying, perhaps primal reaction when unimaginable tragedies occurs. People try to make sense of it. If one can 'blame the victim' one can protect oneself & loved ones. It's a tortured justice, so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies