Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 03:40 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm going to say something really quick about that distance issue.

Thirty feet is actually just barely enough distance for someone to draw a gun, fire, and stop an assailant before being struck and possibly killed himself. Twenty feet is too close.

An assailant at twenty feet can reach and attack almost anyone whose gun is still holstered. If a citizen with a gun really intends to live, the actual truth is that he needs to have his gun out before an assailant is within 20 feet of him.

Thirty feet is not too far, it's actually about right.
I think it is that at 21 ft a normal height physically fit person can reach you in 1.3 seconds.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:41 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Major cities are armed camps. What do you think they're using in these Chicago killings...bows and arrows?
I said legal gun ownership. Chicago is prime example, legal gun ownership in the high crime areas is something like 2%.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I agree 100%..No way and No How should anybody in any entity being investigating themselves..Outside..investigations should have always been demanded!

When there's so many incidences of killing of unarmed kids or adult..NO WAY should be investigating anything when it's one of their own! It has always bugged the heck out of me!! When any Prosecutor relies on LE to provide Evidence..Yowzy..How the He$$'s B3$$'s should they somehow go after those they depend on in order to prosecute a case?? Impossible!!

It appears the only time they found fault in Police fault is when the officer was not a fav. thus expendable. However..far too many officer's may have the Goods or hefty backings ( donors or lobbyists) so find SOME WAY to get them cleared..

BTW~~ I Also wish that Grand Jury decisions be outlawed when a State Prosecutors are able to engineer the case..handcuffing a proper defense! ALL Officer's must be investigated by a completely different body..no Political influences..No Lobbying folks involved...RULE of Law ONLY!!

We will see..and Extreme Groups have already posted the WRONG Picture of another Castile..and claim he was a felon ( including pic in Orange Prison garb) then by extension NO WAY he had a CCP!!! Course it came from a Conservative website..BUT for those who feed on their bype..THEY will never believe that this man killed was done so because the COP was some sort of "Scardy" Cop who lacked ability to even do a normal traffic stop..Ohh wait..He told the occupants..Broken taillight..But told dispatch..SUSPECT in Armed Robbery..2 adults in car..Didn't see the kid in the back seat

Why 4 shots? looks like into chest ( deadly wounds BTW) still sitting in driver's seat??? The Shorting cop was NOT alone either..WHAT kind of supposed COP does that.. A Cop who should never have ever worn that Badge!!

I, for one would love to see this idiot's 4 year history as a COP..His call to Dispatch made him sound like a real "DULL (dimmed) " minded individual. Bet he was a real loner in the department..Flat affect noted..voice/intonations is very revealing for myself from my particular career..often explains ALOT!!
Did you see the video? He was sitting on the passenger side in front.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:45 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,486,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Far fetched? No.....but we will note.....the officer said (I'm paraphrasing) that he had justifications in pulling them over, not because it was the same model car, but because the driver had a "wide set nose".
I'll wait for release of the whole dispatch call and whether the car matched the one ID'd from the robbery. You choose the wide set nose repetition because it what's out there now and promotes a discriminatory stop.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:48 PM

28,623 posts, read 18,673,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I think it is that at 21 ft a normal height physically fit person can reach you in 1.3 seconds.
Which is why I said twenty feet is too close.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
We see you are ignoring his past offenses........even possibly, connected to a robbery just before the shooting. By the way is it normal to drive around with a gun in ones lap? I can't see why the officer was nervous, not at all!
The man had a gun on his lap?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:56 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,732,419 times
A few facts as they come to light:

- No one has said Castile was pulled over for a broken head light or that he explained he had a C/C permit, except Lavish Reynolds.

- If he was pulled over for that reason, that's a legitimate traffic stop. Want to avoid it, fix your tail light.

- The video doesn't appear to show a broken trail light.

- An armed robbery had been committed, the media just released the pics and descriptions of the robbers and asked the public to help them find these guys.

- The pics show two Black man, about 30 y/o, with dreads, one worn up in a bun, with facial hair on his chin. That's an exact description of Castile.

- The robbers has slipped into a nearby apartment complex and gotten away in an unknown car.

- Point being, the cops were absolutely on high alert look for these guys.

- While not justification for killing someone, the "innocent, hard working, school worker" narrative is quickly being challenged as we see he was an obvious Crip Gang member. His facebook page has all sorts of photos of him dressed in all blue, bandana hanging, throwing up "C" hand signs, contorting his body into a "C", he was a member of a Crip Gang facebook page (that's a thing, lol) and made posts such as "Marry CRIPmas and happy BLUE year!!!" and "Oh Crip, it's Friday!".

- Lavish Reynolds is also seen all over Facebook with weed, claiming she stays high all the time, posts multiple memes about weed, pics of the shots she's drinking, pics of herself driving with a bottle of whiskey in her hand, etc. Does not mean she's a liar, but certainly calls into question her validity as witness if she was high or drinking.

- The cop is Hispanic, not White, nor is he a "White Hispanic". Just a regular old indigenous looking, Mexican-American.

- Until we hear the cop's side of the story, we will never know what happened.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:19 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,675,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He never should have been pulled over in the first place.
Profiling happens regardless of race. And I'm sure it helps prevent crime.

I was driving home from work one day and made a wrong turn. I turned around in someone's driveway. A cop immediately pulled me over and claimed I made a dangerous maneuver. After he realized I was a teacher at the high school, he admitted that he pulled me over because the house I turned around at was a known drug house.

Cops can pull you over for pretty much any reason. They can claim you swerved, were driving 1 mile over the limit, your license plate light is out, your car is missing a front plate, etc.

When they get up to the car and smell weed, they can have reasonable suspicion to search the car.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:45 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Profiling happens regardless of race. And I'm sure it helps prevent crime.
I will not disagree that profiling affects more than just blacks. The government ignoring our civil liberties are not justified by finding a sliver of good in them.

Quote:
I was driving home from work one day and made a wrong turn. I turned around in someone's driveway. A cop immediately pulled me over and claimed I made a dangerous maneuver. After he realized I was a teacher at the high school, he admitted that he pulled me over because the house I turned around at was a known drug house.

Cops can pull you over for pretty much any reason. They can claim you swerved, were driving 1 mile over the limit, your license plate light is out, your car is missing a front plate, etc.

When they get up to the car and smell weed, they can have reasonable suspicion to search the car.
I would have been pissed. My wife used to get upset with me over my position here. She works for the city right next to the police. We are a small town.

We recently got a new police chief. I will state that overall I think he is a pretty good guy. Anyway...she goes back from lunch and someone asks her why her name was on the police radio. She had no clue so she went in and asked the chief. Her sons (who is 25) car was still in her name at the time.

He was at the 7-11 putting air in his tires and the chief said he didn't recognize him so he ran the plates. He was obviously embarrassed when they came back in my wife's name.

He had no business doing that. She was pissed and it's bothering her.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:48 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'll wait for release of the whole dispatch call and whether the car matched the one ID'd from the robbery. You choose the wide set nose repetition because it what's out there now and promotes a discriminatory stop.
And if that is all that was said? I don't really expect you to answer a "what if" but we will leave this for the release of the call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies