Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 04:07 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Yes, Europeans had a significant gap between the haves and the have-nots. Then we discovered capitalism and the rule of law. We have progressed, while blacks have not.

2,000 years ago Europeans built the Colosseum and the aqueducts. The Chinese had built the pyramids. 4,500 years ago, the Egyptians had built the Great Pyramids (sorry, the Egyptians weren't black). What had Africans built 2,000 years ago? The same mud huts that they build today, which are actually pretty similar to the shanty shacks that many rural American blacks still live in.

Blaming lack of black progress on whites is the weakest excuse there ever was. It's not the fault of whites that they invented a society that is too advanced for a good number of blacks to function in.
LOL....ohhhh....capitalism was the magic pill....huh....lol. No. Your uplift coincided with enslavement, colonization and imperialism. Your soldiers and police committed crimes against humanity.....and STILL ARE. They then embarked upon a propaganda campaign to convince the white masses that there actions were moral. It helped also that the white elite shared their plundering with you, which ultimately secured your support for it.

Rome inherited knowledge from the Greeks, who inherited knowledge from the Egyptians. That was simply the flow of knowledge...through war, conquest and trade. However, what were Europeans doing when Egyptians pyramids were being build or when civilization began in Mesopotamia? I really do not give a slit what color the people were who build the Pyramids or what color the people were in Mesopotamia. However, what I know is that there were people living in Europe during that time....and they were not building slit. That is where the BARBARIANS lived. Those were your ancestors.....not the people who build the pyramids. If whites were so superior.....then they would have always been first in creating advancement......but civilization did not begin in Europe....nor did humanity.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:20 PM

455 posts, read 283,556 times
your average conservative white american is indifferent or doesn't care about these shootings, even when the white cop is in the wrong.

you had conservative white males on here defending the white cop gunning down walter scott, even though the vid showed scott running away and the white cop planting his gun next to scott after he gunned him down.

when was the last time you saw a conservative white male say anything about police reform or say anything about police brutality, etc. never happens.

they dont care, simple as that.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:41 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
I don't know if there is much reform you can do with police. Only thing I can think of is body cameras, but can all police departments afford this. Federal incentives for departments that have an extensive community police plan that includes monthly meetings with officer's/chief of polices in towns, train officers how to handle thenselves in the technology age, longer in field training, and less goverment interference when cop's do wrong. Encourage police to respond handle own matters. If state questions their ethics and integrity after investigation then should be able to investigate again, but only at the State level that's it.

Longer jail time on looters and rioters.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:47 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
The shooting in Minnesota of Philando Castile has me rattled. Based on the recording I saw, that man's shooting death at the hands of the police officer did not in any way look provoked by Mr. Castile.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
Answer to your Title. Nope. I stopped caring. I once did. I don't anymore. I only care for people who take some responsibility for their problems.

As for your last question, since you asked, I don't know what else can be changed by Whites. The African American subculture is already one of the most coddled on the planet. And that's most of the problem.

Want change? Then stop bringing endless numbers of bastard babies into the world who aren't taught how to function in society. Fix that, and the problems disappear.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I don't know if there is much reform you can do with police. Only thing I can think of is body cameras, but can all police departments afford this. Federal incentives for departments that have an extensive community police plan that includes monthly meetings with officer's/chief of polices in towns, train officers how to handle thenselves in the technology age, longer in field training, and less goverment interference when cop's do wrong. Encourage police to respond handle own matters. If state questions their ethics and integrity after investigation then should be able to investigate again, but only at the State level that's it.

Longer jail time on looters and rioters.

Common sense solutions:

1. Dont let cops investigate cops. Independent investigations with nobody within the PD having anything to do with the investigations, which is why I like to see the feds getting involved.

2. Big one. These cops need to live in the areas they work in and should reflect the community. A bunch of white males going into Ferguson who live in the suburbs doesn't work. It won't work, and that's been proven time and again. Many of these white cops have no interactions with black people at all and are simply terrified of any black person period.

3. Mandate body cams for all cops. Let the feds give them to PD's nationwide. Cost is irrelevant.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Answer to your Title. Nope. I stopped caring. I once did. I don't anymore. I only care for people who take some responsibility for their problems.

As for your last question, since you asked, I don't know what else can be changed by Whites. The African American subculture is already one of the most coddled on the planet. And that's most of the problem.

Want change? Then stop bringing endless numbers of bastard babies into the world who aren't taught how to function in society. Fix that, and the problems disappear.
That's your average conservative white male response.

This guy also has pretended to be black in other threads in the past, which I knew was a joke.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:01 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I think focusing on race is not a positive, just the opposite. Its time to get beyond that. And I see this more as a case of the police becoming increasingly paranoid and also suffering from the collapse of society that's been going on the last few decades. And they're not to blame any more than are citizens in general. Politicians are more to blame and the" creeping idiocy" is affecting everyone, our political leaders more than anyone.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:01 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Please help me to understand. Do you even care?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point: I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?

Honestly, I don't worry too much about criminals getting shot by police. What bothers me is the sheer number of black on black shootings in the news these days. Seriously. Don't black lives matter to blacks? Just the other day another child was caught in the crossfire. This one's going to be ok. I'm far more worried about the rate at which black civilians kill each other than I am police shootings. Black on black shootings seem epidemic.

Tell me what I can do about black on black shootings. I don't see how I can have impact here as the controlling class. I'm a teacher and my experience is that black kids don't want to listen to a white teacher. So how am I supposed to address this problem?

Old 07-07-2016, 05:05 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think focusing on race is not a positive, just the opposite. Its time to get beyond that. And I see this more as a case of the police becoming increasingly paranoid and also suffering from the collapse of society that's been going on the last few decades. And they're not to blame any more than are citizens in general.
I disagree. We have to be honest! Even the Governor of Minnesota admitted that Mr. Castile would be alive and not shot dead by the police officer if he was white.

'Appalled': Minnesota Governor Says Philando Castile Would Be Alive If He Were White - NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies