Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 10:29 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"by your fellow conservative white males who dont like black people to begin with.'

ANOTHER false "assumption" on your part.
I don't know, it seems like over multiple threads that the disparaging remarks about Black people are usually from conservatives.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Did you NOT see the gun he had in his lap posted a few posts back?

You should look at post 373 and 375

"Because he paid his debt to society"

What "punishment did he get for his arrests in 2016?

He SHOULD have been in jail STILL.

Why wasn't he?
I just looked at the photo again, and I don't see it.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:33 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Do whites Care?

If one is a outsider looking in and one lives away from the inner city. We see thuggism and the Black Community not even trying to clean up their own Neighborhoods.

Even though its trendy to move back to the city I consider a risk to life and my rights being taken away and high city taxes for everything , but what's intended for.

Making every thing Racist does not make it better outlook for a outsider looking in.

So why should we care if you guys do it to yourselves with crime and the self destruction of major cities?Chicago is a very good example!

Old 07-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Until a perp is down and in cuffs, the cops are still at risk.

And all of us -- White and Black -- are at risk when stopped by a trigger finger cop.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If you read the Bible, you know we are supposed to be thankful and think about good things, and not go around complaining all the time. I really get tired of people complaining about nothing. They don't like the police because the police are doing their jobs not because they have done anything wrong.

What I was saying is that I would like to see those people who are so enthusiastically bad mouthing the police using their energy doing something good. They don't have to say thank you to me but it would be nice if they said thank you to people helping them instead of fault finding where there is no fault.
And here you are complaining.

If you don't want to read the complaints, don't visit this forum.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Good point. I can certainly understand why black students would feel more comfortable with that.

So, with that in mind, why don't we recognize the benefits that whites likewise derive from being around other whites?!
Come on now. No one is saying exclusivity...well, I guess you are. This is --whether you like it or not -- a multicultural nation, and what we do ought to reflect that.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:42 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
its also a fact that when blacks and whites commit the same crimes, blacks get tougher punishments.

white boy kills 4-5 people, is told to go to malibu and find himself.

you have a justice system that let a white male get off with an affluenza case.

yet plaxico burress shoots himself and is sent to rikers for 2 years.
The affluenza kid absurd leniency for manslaughter, because he was rich, just like OJ did for his murders.

We can have an honest discussion about if blacks get longer sentences, which is likely true, but proven to be significantly smaller of a gap then often tossed around. Much of those statistics that are thrown out are misleading. They will ignore things like previous criminal records or whether or not or even when they entered in a plea deal, which always impacts length of sentencing.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:48 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes he had a long rap sheet...of traffic violations. I wasn't aware that traffic violations was supposed to result in the death penalty.
I agree with you on that.

If he really had the weapon in his lap, though, or tucked in the front of his jeans, well, for one, that is very unsafe. If he doesn't have enough firearms training to know the correct way to handle a firearm, especially a loaded firearm, then he shouldn't carry one.

Secondly, if that is where the weapon was, he should have explained that to the police officer. His hands should have been far away from the weapon when he said this.

While I definitely DO NOT support Black Lives Matter, I do think that black lives matter. However, when you are pulled over by the police while armed, it is a dangerous situation, whether your skin is white, black, or purple. Even if you don't have a weapon but make the police officer think you have one for some reason, it makes the situation more dangerous.

It is deeply unfortunate that this man is dead, since he seemed like a good person. But he made some mistakes in this situation as well. The weapon should have been in a proper holster on the side of his body where it is less likely to accidentally discharge, it should have been on the opposite side of the body from his wallet, and he should have informed the police officer of what he was going to do BEFORE moving.

Most incidents like this seem to be justified in the final analysis. But taken together, they do seem to indicate the presence of institutional racism. That doesn't justify having an adversarial attitude toward police officers, nor does it justify all those police officers being shot in Dallas.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:51 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
So you can't articulate anything, want to be considered educated then declare victory. Gotcha.

You gave an inaccurate description of white folks who I should deem to be ones that are criminals, yet you failed to answer my question about the Terrorist that were white and did not fit the stereotypes that you wrote about. Like I said, state the facts or gracefully bow out and go wag your tail somewhere and pout by yourself.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:52 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015.

According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies