Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The right doesn't think there is a huge problem because most of these black people being killed were criminals. The baton rouge police were called in the first place because the trash that got shot was threatening people with a gun.
He was a convicted felon who wasn't even supposed to have a gun.

Quote:
I don't understand why leftists always want to align themselves worth criminals.
I'm not understanding why people don't realize that violating laws involves knowingly accepting risk. Don't want to get shot by the police? Don't violate the law.

That said, there have been cases in which the police went too far, and those officers have been convicted.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:48 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; what about those Dallas cops who just got cut down a few minutes ago? Are you sure they're all "white"? Hell; I'm willing some of their kind who got wounded or murdered by those snipers may've been "Black".
I'm not advocating killing cops. I think you misunderstood my post.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Whaaah? Protesting makes you a commie? Dang; that's why Russia, Korea and China along with Cuba are commie....too much protesting. Somebody should have told them.

Yeah you real smart.

The Russian revolution was only strong enough to destroy the Russian empire. Within a few months better funded and organized Bolsheviks co-opted the revolution. Saw the same thing with the Maiden protests in Ukraine. Lets not even talk about Mao.

if you don't have a plan after the protest, you are part of the problem.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The righ doesn't think there is a huge problem because most of these black people being killed were criminals. The baton rouge police were called in the first place because the trash that got shot was threatening people with a gun.

I don't understand why leftists always want to align themselves worth criminals.

I'm not on the left, I'm in the middle on most things - but unless someone is waving a gun around, or doing something else that puts a cop in danger, they need to use other tools that should have been provided to them to deal with whatever situation they're dealing with. They should be highly skilled experts at deescalating situations, not escalating them, the way so many of them do.

Cops don't have the right to be judge, jury and executioner based on priors of the person they're stopping.

You want to hand over all your rights to cops? Many of them are aggressive, rage-filled nuts who cannot or will not control themselves.

This banner cry that only bad guys are incurring the wrath of the police is not only wrong, it's irresponsible and unfair.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:52 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What happened in Baltimore in the Freddie Gray case? Both White and Black cops were charged. All so far have been acquitted.

And there HAVE been cases in which cops were convicted of killing those they shouldn't have.

Black on Black murders are a MUCH bigger problem. Why won't the Black community do something about THAT?
Why does the court system let people off on gun charges and send them back on the street. Too many criminals plead down to a gun charge. The cry for gun control is the community trying to do something about it. Which is the more outrageous crime; a child getting molested by a pedophile vs a child getting molested by someone who is supposed to serve protect them, like a Priest or Boy Scout Leader?
Most white people are victimized by other white people ,why is there not a white on white crime problem in America? Why isn't the white community to blame for all the white people victimized by other white people?

Old 07-08-2016, 10:46 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why does the court system let people off on gun charges and send them back on the street.
Because Blacks scream "racism" when they get convicted of any crime whatsoever.

Quote:
Most white people are victimized by other white people ,why is there not a white on white crime problem in America?
Statistics. Whites murder each other in lower numbers than expected given their percentage of the population. But Blacks are killing each other at a rate of nearly 3 times the expected rate given their percentage of the population.

Whites (non Hispanic) 61.6% of the population.
White on White murders: 44% of all murders.

Blacks: 13.3% of the population.
Black on Black murders: 39% of all murders.

Blacks are 4.1 times more likely to murder a Black person than Whites are to murder a White person (2.932/0.714).

How is that not a race-specific problem?

Old 07-08-2016, 10:48 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
" Who's stirring up the coming race war? "

The media

Old 07-08-2016, 11:22 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yeah you real smart.

The Russian revolution was only strong enough to destroy the Russian empire. Within a few months better funded and organized Bolsheviks co-opted the revolution. Saw the same thing with the Maiden protests in Ukraine. Lets not even talk about Mao.

if you don't have a plan after the protest, you are part of the problem.

At least I'm smart enough to recognize a lack of a problem when I don't see one. I'm also smart enough not to type in a faux pattern of fake ebonics, but I digress.

The problem I'm a part of is not protesting and not suggesting protestors are by default; anarchists and communists.

Your problem is manufacturing a problem from whole cloth then blaming the non-existent problem on non-existent entities. Ergo; "no problem".

Now we return you to your regularly scheduled fear mongering.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:29 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm not on the left, I'm in the middle on most things - but unless someone is waving a gun around, or doing something else that puts a cop in danger, they need to use other tools that should have been provided to them to deal with whatever situation they're dealing with. They should be highly skilled experts at deescalating situations, not escalating them, the way so many of them do.

Cops don't have the right to be judge, jury and executioner based on priors of the person they're stopping.

You want to hand over all your rights to cops? Many of them are aggressive, rage-filled nuts who cannot or will not control themselves.

This banner cry that only bad guys are incurring the wrath of the police is not only wrong, it's irresponsible and unfair.
I agree with almost everything you wrote. If there is no weapon involved, guns shouldn't be pulled by the police. If there is a weapon involved, that gets more difficult, particularly if the weapon is something other than a gun.

I don't want to hand my rights over to cops. But I don't threaten people with guns in front of convenience stores at night. I agree that not ONLY bad guys are incurring the wrath of police, but the majority of those killed do seem to have been bad guys. My guess is that if we saw a list of those killed by police, very few don't have some sort of checkered past.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
I am so sick of this crap and I have friends of both races and they are good friends. We are all sick of it.

Instead of talking about who is fueling the fire, can we talk about solutions, and how we can all come together, and solve this problem.

In our own way, we are each the problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies