Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 01:35 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with you about the parenting. I also think that equipping police officers with cameras will be a good thing and will soon be the norm. One police chief whose department recently adopted them said that they reduced baseless complaints and that there were fewer cases of actual misconduct due to officers knowing they were on video. They serve to protect both the officer and the public. A couple of years ago a cruiser can exonerated a police officer here in Dayton, Ohio. A suspect bolted from a police cruiser on a bridge over the Great Miami River, jumped, and drowned. The family tried to claim that foul play on the officers part was the true cause of death, and that race had been a factor, but the cruiser cameras proved that the suspect had behaved just as the officer claimed that he had. If I were an LE officer I would want cameras..
might help the public too...

Old 07-08-2016, 01:50 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yeah, the whole thing is just screwy, the pieces we have don't seem to fit any profile.
I suspect they've arrested some people who were not involved. They need to get all the video cameras from the buildings and really solve this thing.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:58 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I suspect they've arrested some people who were not involved. They need to get all the video cameras from the buildings and really solve this thing.
2 arrested were in the getaway car, 1 executed a cop at point blank, the 4th just offed himself in the garage, no one else has been detained.
With 3 in custody it's well on the way to being solved.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:00 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
If it's a bunch of Muslims, that would really push things over the top (if they aren't already)
Agreed. VERY bad to say here: I'd rather this be "just" a "regular" mass murder than an Islamist pig kind of situation.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:05 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
This whole thing reeks. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist here, but a well planned out and orchestrated shooting with multiple gunmen, just a day after the police shootings? How convenient. This is way too good of timing and with the election coming up, who knows? Terrorists kill random people, not target cops. People angry over the police killings don't have the organization or time to plan and pull something like this off on such short notice. I don't know, it just seems fishy to me.

I'm sorry, Heading back to the prepper/survival forum now .
Yes, it's weird. This rally was just thrown together yesterday. I suspect the murderer or murderers were just waiting for an opportunity to their dirty work. Time will tell, I suppose. All my friends (black and white) are pissed.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:06 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
I grew up there. Lots of crime, lots of guns. Lots of rednecks and lots of uneducated people. And Meth addicts. It's also very hot and VERY humid (which is the main reason I don't even go back for my reunions). Lots of bugs and snakes. HUGE roaches that fly. And love bugs that stuck to your car and ruin the finish. And mosquitos. So many mosquitos they have to spray every night.

If you are really conservative, you'll love it.

That is the funny thing, they are very well educated, and are both professionals. I cannot see them in a area like this, does not make sense.

They are renting right now a pretty nice place, did not seem like a bad area, but I don't know it.

They said it was very humid, but that California does get hotter then there. Have not talked about the bugs yet. But they saw some Dolphins going over some bridge.

I saw it on video, and did not seem like a bad area. I looked up crime for that area, and Calif was still worse off. I am always looking things up.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:06 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. VERY bad to say here: I'd rather this be "just" a "regular" mass murder than an Islamist pig kind of situation.
Very difficult for me to make a choice between which kind of mass murder would be more acceptable over another type.

The end result is the same.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:07 AM

891 posts, read 1,053,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Pretty sure its not though, as someone else done said, if it was ISIS or whatever, they wouldnt just target Cops, they just unload on everybody indiscriminately.....

Old 07-08-2016, 02:10 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
The suspects they have in custody are reported to be non-cooperative. Two suspects were detained on the road, southbound, after an officer spotted a woman dump a large camouflaged bag into the back of it near the scene and it took off at a high rate of speed, but DMN reports they were released.

Last edited by mm4; 07-08-2016 at 03:05 AM..

Old 07-08-2016, 02:13 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Very sad, with 5 officers killed and 6 more in the hospital. I don't care what any one thinks, police and there are good and bad of course. You do their job, go out there every day, and put up with what they have to from low lives and criminals, and you get spit on, and have poop thrown at you. Yes I know police officers who risk their life every day to protect and serve and that is it.

And I heard tonight that the one guy, told the police officer, more officers were going to be killed, and that there were bombs all over Dallas. Don't know if this still is true or not.

Some work in areas, no one would want to venture in, do their job for about 2 months straight in the worse possible areas imaginable. Tell me how you like it at the end of 2 months.

This is not the way to solve a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies