Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times

Advertisements

I have never walked in a black man's shoes, so I have no perspective on what you have gone through. I am sure there has been some discrimination and injustices directed at you, and that is absolutely wrong. However, blacks need to take some responsibility for their situation themselves.......they did not get where they are without some of their race creating negative stereotypes.

This latest Dallas killing spree and riots points that out perfectly. All it does is reinforce the thinking of police (and the public) that blacks are lawless criminals and every time a cop approaches a black person they will be on high alert.

We whites who care have been trying to give blacks some very valid suggestions of how to turn their lives around, but, so far, none of them are listening. They stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that things would change dramatically if they would only do some very basic things.......such as:

1) Stop accepting crime in your community as a way of life. When you see crime, or know who committed a crime, turn that bad apple in and cooperate with authorities to rid your community of the things that are killing your young people at an alarming rate. (If crime happens in a white community, we are the first ones to contact the police and do everything possible to get the criminal off the street.....white or black. We do not protect criminals because we realize they need to be gone.)

2) When you are stopped or questioned by the police, do not see it as an attack, but simply the police doing their jobs. I was stopped twice in the past couple of weeks late at night by the police, and I thanked them for keeping a watch over our neighborhood. They apologized for stopping me and I thanked them, both of us went home alive that night.

3) Start spending more time with your children, teaching them right from wrong. They are your (and our) future. Too many kids are learning their life lessons on the street instead of at your side. When my sons were growing up, we were together 24/7 and I always knew where they were and what they were doing. I never worried about them getting into trouble or doing drugs because I was that close to them.

4) When something happens like the police shootings of one of your own, do not automatically fall into the same old predictable pattern of rioting and looting. All it does is reinforce the stereotype that is firmly locked into people's minds and puts up more barriers than already exist.

It ain't rocket science. If you want respect, you EARN respect. My people came here from the Old Country and were called every kind of name and discriminated against in every way possible. BUT, we worked hard, showed people we were honest and not a threat, and , in time, we became a part of America and are respected as such today. I hear that "respect" word all the time from black people, and it does not come automatically, you EARN it.

There are many really great blacks in this country, I voted for one twice, but the bad apples and short thinkers are bringing you down and need to be gone. I was one of the people who marched in the 60's to help get blacks the basic rights they certainly deserved. However, I am very disappointed that, once you got them, you did not follow through and take it to the next level. That only comes with a lot of hard work and doing the right things on your part. The ball is now in your court.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
A selection of tweets from Black Lives Matter that celebrate the death of Police officers in Dallas.

INSANE THREATS And Messages Celebrating Deaths Of Dallas Cops
I have always wonder why the Obama admin does NOT go after then as a "hate" group.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have always wonder why the Obama admin does NOT go after then as a "hate" group.
You hate them, don't you?

Old 07-08-2016, 07:20 AM

455 posts, read 283,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I have never walked in a black man's shoes, so I have no perspective on what they have gone through. I am sure there has been some discrimination and injustices directed at them, and that is absolutely wrong. However, blacks need to take some responsibility for their situation themselves.......they did not get where they are without some of their race creating negative stereotypes.

This latest Dallas killing spree and riots points that out perfectly. All it does is reinforce the thinking of police (and the public) that blacks are lawless criminals and every time a cop approaches a black person they will be on high alert.

We whites who care have been trying to give blacks some very valid suggestions of how to turn their lives around, but, so far, none of them are listening. They stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that things would change dramatically if they would only do some very basic things.......such as:

1) Stop accepting crime in your community as a way of life. When you see crime, or know who committed a crime, turn that bad apple in and cooperate with authorities to rid your community of the things that are killing your young people at an alarming rate. (If crime happens in a white community, we are the first ones to contact the police and do everything possible to get the criminal off the street.....white or black. We do not protect criminals because we realize they need to be gone.)

2) When you are stopped or questioned by the police, do not see it as an attack, but simply the police doing their jobs. I was stopped twice in the past couple of weeks late at night by the police, and I thanked them for keeping a watch over our neighborhood. They apologized for stopping me and I thanked them, both of us went home alive that night.

3) Start spending more time with your children, teaching them right from wrong. They are your (and our) future. Too many kids are learning their life lessons on the street instead of at your side. When my sons were growing up, we were together 24/7 and I always knew where they were and what they were doing. I never worried about them getting into trouble or doing drugs because I was that close to them.

4) When something happens like the police shootings of one of your own, do not automatically fall into the same old predictable pattern of rioting and looting. All it does is reinforce the stereotype that is firmly locked into people's minds and puts up more barriers than already exist.

It ain't rocket science. If you want respect, you EARN respect. My people came here from the Old Country and were called every kind of name and discriminated against in every way possible. BUT, we worked hard, showed people we were honest and not a threat, and , in time, we became a part of America and are respected as such today. I hear that "respect" word all the time from black people, and it does not come automatically, you EARN it.

There are many really great blacks in this country, I voted for one twice, but the bad apples and short thinkers are bringing you down and need to be gone.

no you dont. your community hides killers as much as anyone else.

roof was spouting anti-black rhetoric for years, was unstable, yet his white dad gave him the gun he used to kill 9 blacks in church.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:22 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I called it. BLM is trying to become the new Black Panthers.

I've been waiting for this for a LONG time.

If they keep killing whites, then I'm going to go n***** hunting.
No its not. The shooter said he hates BLM

Old 07-08-2016, 07:23 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm just as interested in pictures of the officers shot. This was about race, and I'll bet my money on white officers being targeted.

Such a tragedy, all the way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I believe the color he was shooting was the color Blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
We'll see.
you nailed it ringwise.

Dallas shooting: suspect stated he wanted to 'kill white officers'

Old 07-08-2016, 07:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I called it. BLM is trying to become the new Black Panthers.

I've been waiting for this for a LONG time.

If they keep killing whites, then I'm going to go n***** hunting.
Sadly I'm sure there's going to be an upswing in White Supremacy groups as well as Militia membership in many states.

In times such as these the LAST thing we need is a race war but that's the FIRST thing the Politicians on the both the left/right would love to see as it keeps the population from looking at THEM as the problem.
Keep people fighting with each other so they fail to see what's really going on.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, the police chief just said the shooter(s) stated BLM was the motivation and that whites/white cops were the targets.
Shooter that was killed did not kill himself, he was blown up by one of his own IED's evidently triggered by the PD robot.

Is that really what is wanted, a full on race war? This is going to get worse before it gets better I fear.

Sad,sad day for everyone no matter what color.
Stop making up stuff. He said he hated white people, white cops and BLM

Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
no you dont. your community hides killers as much as anyone else.

roof was spouting anti-black rhetoric for years, was unstable, yet his white dad gave him the gun he used to kill 9 blacks in church.
were roof's black friends hiding him too>

Dylann Roof's Black Friends: He Wasn't Racist to Me | Charleston Massacre | National | BET

Old 07-08-2016, 07:26 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
I want this to stop. I was upset to see the two cops who were loose cannons and killed the two black men. They were murdered from what the videos showed. But that does not mean it is opened season to shoot cops.

This is getting out of hand. The one officer was an Asian man who shot the guy in the car with his girlfriend and child in the car. Doesn't mean blacks should start shooting Asians. I hate the division. There has been a hatred between blacks and cops and Obama fuels it. He needs to go.

There are some nasty cops out there and I am white and they can be arrogant. I always jump through hoops and do whatever the officer asks me to do. I become meek as they are strict, tough and no nonsense . To be any different is asking for trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies