Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 09:07 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

This is escalating terribly. The 2 original videos make no sense. I can't wrap my head on reason of drawing your weapons ? Now 2 wrongs will never make it right, God praying for the Texas officers , Prayong for America, we need to stop!

Old 07-07-2016, 09:08 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Fox now reporting 3-6 officers down and at least 2 active shooters.

Initial reports are often mistaken.
I guess we can wait for Obama to appear any moment now, right?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
What purpose do these protest serve anyways? Occupy wallstreet, cop protests etc. Doesnt seem to accomplish anything

just more class warfare.
It's really good to get the attention off of Crooked Hillary. It's also a great get out the Vote program.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
FOX news reporting 5 or 6 officers shot.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
This is only going to get worse, before it gets better.
The bad evil element, has to come out from under their rocks, to cull them.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:11 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
So the perps had camo and bulletproof vests? Maybe the JV team has struck again.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:12 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
We live in a divided nation (you know what they say about divide and conquer) and this is what we get when the dumbest of the herd are rallied for ulterior motives.

At some point the police WILL go on offense, and then the sh|t will really hit the fan.

Prayers for the officers who were shot tonight, but again, I have a really bad feeling about it. I can't shake this sinking feeling that it's more than two, and their bodies were lifeless.

NOT GOOD!

Appears there were two suspects, one of which was shot, the other is still at large.

Now they're saying 3-6 officers shot. CRAP!!!! I WANTED TO BE WRONG SO BADLY
I'm even starting to wonder if the USA is on the way towards some sort of break-up or secession, splitting apart or whatever the term would be, whether at least moderately peacefully (like the USSR did) or more violently like Yugoslavia. And I'm not the type to usually think such grim thoughts. A lot of multiethnic, multi-racial "big nations" and empires have broken up before so it wouldn't be anything new, except it feels like it goes beyond those sorts of issues to too many divisions to even count, on social and especially economic issues. Too many Americans I know are going broke from healthcare and get the sense that the elites don't care or are even profiting off the same corrupt vultures exploiting them, and this sense of being economically powerless seems to create a powder keg, at least from what I've seen. Having worked in Europe a lot it isn't a utopia there either, but at the very least the lack of fear of going bankrupt from medical bills or being a debt slave from college student loans-- seems like it provides some sort of peace of mind or cushion when things get difficult economically, so people aren't so constantly on edge. (For what it's worth people up in Scandinavia and Switzerland, even parts of Germany, Austria plus France also own a lot of guns, but the peace of mind seems to be more pervasive there even with their problems recently, so it's not the guns alone that are the problem, it's some deeper unease in the society that America seems to be sick with and getting worse.)

I just don't have any sense of that security being in America anymore, it's like there are so many intractable differences and a ton of economic misery building up for the 99% due to all the elite corruption. And as people lose faith in the institutions and rule of law, the whole fabric of trust breaks down. (And even as an independent politically, I'll admit that Comey's weird press conference on Hillary-- basically stating flat right out that she committed a bunch of federal crimes but then finding some weird reason not to go forward with charges yet-- struck me as extremely corrupt. I find both major candidates distasteful and this ir probably feeding into the frustration.)

This is what it looks like when a society falls apart. Wasn't there even some guy who wrote a bestseller book about a second Civil War in the United States? And how it would come about? Did he talk about things like this string of cop shootings and counter-shootings recently?

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Agree. These are actual casualties, but there are many people paying the price of increased crime because of the environment Obama is fostering. It's real here in Baltimore. Cops aren't fighting crime for fear of lawsuits, criminal charges, DOJ investigations, etc.

I don't think the left understands or appreciates the consequences of their ideology.
We used to go to Baltimore convention center every year in August and stay for a long weekend. Then they had the riot. Being that we would be out late at night while there, we didn't go last year and won't go this year, I'm not sure when we will go back. I know a lot of people who did the same.

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
UPDATE: it appears the entire shooting event was planned. The suspects were wearing kevlar body armor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
I'm even starting to wonder if the USA is on the way towards some sort of break-up or secession, splitting apart or whatever the term would be, whether at least moderately peacefully (like the USSR did) or more violently like Yugoslavia. And I'm not the type to usually think such grim thoughts. A lot of multiethnic, multi-racial "big nations" and empires have broken up before so it wouldn't be anything new, except it feels like it goes beyond those sorts of issues to too many divisions to even count, on social and especially economic issues. Too many Americans I know are going broke from healthcare and get the sense that the elites don't care or are even profiting off the same corrupt vultures exploiting them, and this sense of being economically powerless seems to create a powder keg, at least from what I've seen. Having worked in Europe a lot it isn't a utopia there either, but at the very least the lack of fear of going bankrupt from medical bills or being a debt slave from college student loans-- seems like it provides some sort of peace of mind or cushion when things get difficult economically.

I just don't have any sense of that security being in America anymore, it's like there are intractable differences and a ton of economic misery building up for the 99% due to all the elite corruption. And as people lose faith in the institutions and rule of law, the whole fabric of trust breaks down. (And even as an independent politically, I'll admit that Comey's weird press conference on Hillary-- basically stating flat right out that she committed a bunch of federal crimes but then finding some weird reason not to go forward with charges yet-- struck me as extremely corrupt. I find both major candidates distasteful and this ir probably feeding into the frustration.)

This is what it looks like when a society falls apart. Wasn't there even some guy who wrote a bestseller book about a second Civil War in the United States? And how it would come about? Did he talk about things like this string of cop shootings and counter-shootings recently?
THIS^^^

Old 07-07-2016, 09:13 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
CNN reported one officer has a non life threatening arm wound per a friend of the officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies