Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,108,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Subconscious? I can easily see the media consciously deciding to do this. The media can't be so reckless and ignorant that they don't realize the extent to which they have exacerbated tensions.
I could see LE deliberating choosing black officers to go the news as a way to show the community that this isn't some stupid college sports team rivalry. It isn't Black People vs. Police or vice versa. Or White People vs. Black People. Plenty of cops are black. Some cops do shi**y things. These facts are not mutually exclusive nor do they represent entire groups of people--groups which many times overlap!

People need to quit "choosing sides" and learn about the issues.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,684,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"they dont want to see unity. they want hostility between blacks and whites"

It is racists WRONG attitudes like YOURS that are PART of the problem.

Ad, so VERY sad!
When people stop seeing other people as colors and not as people, the racism will end.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,771,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
This hatred for police can be laid at the feet of Obama. He has done more to set race relations back than any president.

The conversation has stopped between people. There is such hatred between the races that police can be murdered in cold blood.

Can you give specific examples of just what Obama said or did that causes hatred for police?

Old 07-08-2016, 08:05 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,583,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
This hatred for police can be laid at the feet of Obama. He has done more to set race relations back than any president. The conversation has stopped between people. There is such hatred between the races that police can be murdered in cold blood.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:06 AM

58,804 posts, read 27,139,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
i was responding to the white male who was generalizing about blacks, showing an example of whites hiding roof even though they knew he was a crazed lunatic.
"showing an example of whites hiding roof even though they knew he was a crazed lunatic"

I believe you did NOT say "whites", you said "his FATHER", 1 white, and accused ALL whites of being guilty for what ONE white had done using a VERY inclusive broad brush.

If you think that is being reasonable, then there is NO use trying to have an honest dialogue with you.

"You CANNOT reason with an UNreasonable person"

6,806 posts, read 4,453,258 times
Five dead cops aren't enough for CNN?! It keeps playing the shooting of Castile over and over, along with Reynolds plea for "justice". It's a sick plea for more violence against cops and white people. Not one mention of BLM.

Those cops might be alive if Obama had chosen different words and sentiments to express from his "black pulpit". A president should be neither black or white. He shouldn't be a hyphenated-American either.

Who didn't see this coming based on how the media and our president presented the news before all the facts were out? I am afraid for every white cop on the beat. I am afraid for white people in general.

19,719 posts, read 16,792,570 times
We can argue a lot of points being brought out here, but the one thing we can not deny is that all of the things that have gone on in recent weeks (both on the black side and white side) have only widened the gap between the two races even more. Blacks are seeing white police as the enemy, and whites are seeing blacks as rioting looters Hell bent on creating problems.

We were coming so far, even electing a black man as President, and to have it backslide is truly a sad day for America. These events are not going to help anyone at all, and may put the final nails in the coffin of racial understanding.

Don

Old 07-08-2016, 08:07 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,407,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This was a deliberate attack on law enforcement and especially "white police officers." A black man on the news this morning said thousands of black males feel the same way and there would probably be a repeat of this Dallas attack elsewhere. Seems to me we have a bigger problem now than just Muslim terrorists.
In the aftermath of the O.J Simpson verdict , there were many that were happy that O.J "got off" they viewed it as some kind of 'reparation' even though they knew that he did kill 2 innocent people.

https://www.quora.com/Why-were-some-...und-not-guilty

It's pretty sick and twisted thinking..

We are seeing the same thing with this Dallas shooting.

5,913 posts, read 3,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
if blacks are responsible for these cops. then whites are responsible for roof going to that church and killing 9 blacks.

if they want to play that game, let the conservative white male play.
Exactly! But, it doesn't work that way. Nor should it for either side.

2,813 posts, read 2,108,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Post #682
Another gets "house arrest" for getting drunk and killing others because he wouldn't be able to handle being in prison.

I hope you're not assuming that white people didn't get miffed about that
I hope everyone here understands that black people get miffed about crimes committed by black people, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.