Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 11:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I am not interested in engaging with you further. I have no interest what so ever.
Then don't. Who could possibly care less?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 11:42 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because we are talking about the Dallas shootings the assailant indicated he was mad over the last two shootings by police officers.
I responded to your comment in this thread, on the Freddie Gray case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
no, but you're using an outlier innocent. All the Freddie Gray cops ?
Outlier? That was one of the reasons the assailant gave for the shootings.
And like I said, BOTH Black and White cops were charged in the Freddie Gray case. All have been acquitted, so far.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I responded to your comment in this thread, on the Freddie Gray case.

And like I said, BOTH Black and White cops were charged in the Freddie Gray case. All have been acquitted, so far.
All shootings are investigated, and people think the investigators are racist against blacks, but where do they come up with that idea without even knowing who the investigators are? I'll bet many are black, but professional enough to be neutral about it.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:47 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
My gosh, Americans are lying dead and all you people can do is continue to hate on our president.
I understand your point, but Obama IS a SHOCKINGLY bad president...

Wider income/wealth gaps. More civil strife. The ONLY president in US history to serve two full terms with the country at war. Everything Obama touches turns to crap.

For Obama, an Unexpected Legacy of Two Full Terms at War
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us...oops.html?_r=0

Old 07-08-2016, 12:00 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I understand your point, but Obama IS a SHOCKINGLY bad president...

Wider income/wealth gaps. More civil strife. The ONLY president in US history to serve two full terms with the country at war. Everything Obama touches turns to crap.

For Obama, an Unexpected Legacy of Two Full Terms at War
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us...oops.html?_r=0
He been a lying warmonger, divider and debt multiplier President. Also the first President to never see a 3% growth rate any year as President.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:05 PM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Qst becomes , has he ever come out to offer similar comments after a cop has been killed in the line of duty?.

He is the president and he should (have) represented us all. His legacy is a divided nation like has never been seen in decades.

I would go so far as to say he has even given some legitimacy to such acts as we have seen in Dallas
What about this?

Quote:
WARSAW — President Obama condemned the sniper-style shootings of Dallas police officers Friday, calling the assault a "vicious, calculated and despicable attack on law enforcement."

"I believe I speak for every single American when I say we are horrified over these events, and we stand united with the people and the police department in Dallas," he said.

Obama said he spoke with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings, and offered him condolences and federal assistance.

Obama: Dallas police shootings were 'vicious, calculated and despicable'

Old 07-08-2016, 12:13 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why does Obama need to bring the races together. Why didn't previous presidents do this. In all reality it's up to us to bring races together. As parents we need to teach our children. It's not the governments responsibility
All previous presidents were black?
There are hundreds of black criminals killed and that's fine, same with other race criminals getting killed.
The problem now is due to innocent civilians dying and killer cops getting acquitted.
No one questions a cop if he shoots at someone trying to shoot him or at someone else.
In fact, we award him.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:21 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
How anyone can find these comments divisive is simply beyond my ability to comprehend the meaning of the word divisive.

Dallas saw one of the worst mass police shootings in U.S. history on Thursday. Snipers killed five police officers and wounded six during a protest against police shootings of black men. Here is the full transcript of President Obama’s remarks.
“I spoke this morning with Mayor Rawlings of Dallas to convey the deepest condolences to the American people and that the Federal Government will provide whatever assistance Dallas may need as it deal with this tremendous tragedy.

We still don’t know all the facts. What we do know is that there’s been a vicious, calculated and despicable attack on law enforcement. Police in Dallas were on duty, doing their job, keeping people safe during a peaceful protest. These law enforcement officers were targeted, and nearly a dozen officers were shot, five were killed. Other officers and at least one civilian were wounded. Some are in serious conditions and we are praying for their recovery.

As I told Mayor Rawlings, and I believe that I speak for every single American when I say, that we are horrified over these events and that we stand united with people and the police department in Dallas.

According to police there are multiple suspects. We will learn more undoubtedly about their twisted motivations, but let’s be clear, there is no possible justification for these kinds of attacks. Grave violence against law enforcement. The FBI is already in touch with the Dallas police; anyone involved in these senseless murders will be held fully accountable. Justice will be done.

I will have more say about this when the facts become more clear. For now, let me just say that, even as yesterday I spoke about are need to be concerned as all Americans about racial disparities in our criminal justice system. I also said yesterday that our police have an extraordinarily difficult job and the vast majority of them do their job in outstanding fashion. I also indicated the degree in which we need to be supportive of those officers who do their job each and every day. Protecting us and protecting our communities. Today is a wrenching reminder of the sacrifices that they make for us. We also know that when people are armed with powerful weapons, it unfortunately make attacks like these more deadly and more tragic and in the days ahead consider those realities as well.

In the meantime, today, our focus is on the victims and their families. They are heartbroken and the entire city of Dallas is grieving. Police across America, which is a tight*knit family, feels this loss to their core and we’re grieving with them.

I ask Americans to say a prayer for these officers and their families. Keep them in your thoughts, and as a nation, let’s remember to express our profound gratitude to our men and women, not just today but every day.”

Old 07-08-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco I would go so far as to say he has even given some legitimacy to such acts as we have seen in Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What about this?
I hear people make these comments and I just scratch my head and wonder how their comprehension can be so poor that they'd come out thinking the exact opposite of what was said.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-08-2016 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
He should have learned his lesson when he shot off his mouth about Henry Gates, but of course he didn't. Until some more facts are available, this is none of his damned business, and beneath the office of the President of The United States.

All of us here can opine, pontificate, and leap to conclusions to our hearts' content - we're private citizens. He's the President, and as such is expected to hold himself to a higher standard. It is completely inappropriate for him to be taking a position on these shootings at this time, and a good defense attorney might argue that it is fatally prejudicial to whatever criminal cases may arise from them.

God, I can't wait for this arrogant, overinflated, self-important ass to be ushered out the door of the White House.
It is not a matter of learning his lesson, he does it intentionally. He hates cops, he hates whites, he hates the military, he hates America.
they are dancing at the White House today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies