Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 10:48 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,912,404 times

Advertisements

Let me put my conservative hat on and answer this:

"Gubmint is bad...Gubmint is the problem. 2nd amendment. NRA. Guns. Buy more guns. For hunting. And protecting yourself.

Guns."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 10:50 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,750,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Police already "only serve the rich". How many police brutality cases do you hear in the Beverly Hills of the world? At least with the market, prices can be driven down due to competition and demand.
No, they would work for the highest price. So who could afford them. This means if a case was going on in say, Compton to protect someone on welfare, but they had a case just pop up in Beverly Hills to protect someone who is a wealthy celebrity, who are they going to pick? As a public entity they work to serve both, but as a private entity they would work to serve who could pay them. Social darwinism is NOT what we need in this country.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:55 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,737,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Serious question. Now that you have an all out war on the brave men and women who risk their lives to protect your ass, who is going to come save you when a crackhead is busting down your door at 3 am?

This is getting beyond ridiculous, police are NOT YOUR ENEMY, they are there for YOU. Don't let a few rotten apples hyped up by social media taint the whole force which is 99.99% honorable and dedicated to justice for all

I could not agree more. We are a strange lot, we humans. We send our police out to deal with the segment of society that we can not and will not deal with ourselves, then we complain when things get a little rough. Funny how we worship our military and do not do the same for our soldiers on the street every day.

If every cop disappeared from the face of the earth tomorrow, it would take about 15 minutes for utter chaos to break out and people would be praying for someone to come when things went wrong.

Not saying every cop is right every time, but I, for one, am appreciative of the dangerous, thankless jobs these men and women do every day to keep me safe. I make it a point to thank a cop every chance I get.

Don

Old 07-07-2016, 10:57 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,564,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
No, they would work for the highest price. So who could afford them. This means if a case was going on in say, Compton to protect someone on welfare, but they had a case just pop up in Beverly Hills to protect someone who is a wealthy celebrity, who are they going to pick? As a public entity they work to serve both, but as a private entity they would work to serve who could pay them. Social darwinism is NOT what we need in this country.
You don't know how prices work. If consumers don't purchase police services at the prices that is set, then this would drive cost down. If anything, this is would be a good time for competition to undercut them. The Police Force would be all about consumer demand. As long as they're able to compete in a free market.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,638,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
They are the enemy of black men...black guys have every reason to be afraid of them...Law Enforcement has waged war on them for decades.
No. Black men are the enemy of black men. Get your facts straight.

obama, the Idiot in Chief, has exacerbated this problem of thugs disrespecting police officers instead of having their backs like a true commander in chief would.

obama, a truly pathetic individual. But don't take my word for it. Research how crime has risen during this administration because police are afraid of being sued for doing their jobs. Compare the disrespect of police today as compared to any other time in our history. Yet, murders of young black men by blacks goes on without a peep from obama.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:02 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,638,437 times
Two suspects just aprehended. They should be quickly tried and executed by firing squad as soon as possible. You think that won't serve as a deterrent?

Old 07-07-2016, 11:03 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,903,905 times
Quote:
Serious question. Now that you have an all out war on the brave men and women who risk their lives to protect your ass, who is going to come save you when a crackhead is busting down your door at 3 am?

This is getting beyond ridiculous, police are NOT YOUR ENEMY, they are there for YOU. Don't let a few rotten apples hyped up by social media taint the whole force which is 99.99% honorable and dedicated to justice for all
I don't need to be saved. What I need are laws allowing me to protect myself from thieves and criminals without having to go to jail for life for protecting what's mine.

And yes, many cops do see us are their enemy. Their goals have been perverted from "protect and serve" to "arrest and incarcerate." The more people a cop can arrest the better he is and the more money he makes.

As far as cops are concerned anybody not a cop is just a criminal who hasn't been caught yet. Prove me wrong.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:03 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,679,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Two suspects just aprehended. They should be quickly tried and executed by firing squad as soon as possible. You think that won't serve as a deterrent?
No.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:11 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,108,570 times
Quote:

OK, I wasn't going to bite on this trolling thread but I had to. Most black folks have no problem with good law enforcement officers. It's the bad apples that are undervaluing and murdering us that we have a problem with. Good police oversight and mutual respect goes a long way...

Old 07-07-2016, 11:12 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,903,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Why? They will become martyrs. There is going to have to be a massive change in police techniques or this is just the beginning.

I've been in three revolutions and a fizzle, and what I see happening in America is early stage tyranny and growing repression. Depending on how the govt deals with this things can either calm down or escalate. It may take awhile, but it doesn't always. The Soviet Union fell over about a two year period and collapsed over about 3-4 months.

What I see is growing events of escalating numbers. Now instead of lone wolf terrorist attacks aimed at the public, we are seeing first, lone wolf attacks on cops, several over the past couple of years, now this - apparently two shooters with skills taking out numerous cops.

To watch out for is if this continues to other cities, individual and small units hitting cops. Then things escalate to small groups attacking larger targets like isolated police stations, making it difficult for cops to move around safely. Crime escalates, making it hard to separate one from the other.

Government cracks down with curfews, gun control and repressive laws. And the seeds of revolution grow.

We are long from that here, but it doesn't take much to ignite the match. Keep an eye on the news and might be a good time to top off your ammo supply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies