Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Philando Castile shooting is fake?
yes 19 12.93%
no 128 87.07%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 04:00 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concernedcitizen098 View Post
The first time I watched the video, I fully expected something at the end to say it was an re-enactment of the events. The girlfriend was so calm. She said the officer shot and killed her boyfriend at the very beginning of the video, yet you can see him breathing and moving. Why does the blood pattern on his shirt not increase in size? This man has been shot and nobody is applying pressure to the wound, and he's still alive. How much time elapsed from the reported incident to the start of the video? Why does this woman think that someone can just come and pick her up as she's handcuffed in the back of a police car? At the end of the video, she says they had some weed in the car (which is illegal in Minnesota).

The only thing that seems real in this video is the fear in the officer's voice. I know everyone deals with stress differently, but how could she not attempt I render aid to her boyfriend, or even comfort him at the very least?

I think there are far too many unanswered questions at this time. Should Philando have been shot? Absolutely not. Was the officer worried for his life? Very likely. I hope there are officer body cams or dash cams that can shed more light on this situation so that it can be studied and similar events in the future can be prevented.
I am with you on this...

the cops voice and actions.. I question that. the cop allowed her to let her talk into the phone?? while not interrupting... something fishy there. especially lets her get her story out.

the cop... while the guy was shot? they say his gun was on his lap

victim still moving? groaning. they say the gun was on his lap.. if so the victim was still a threat. cop took no action to remove the firearm. 5 shots? would the penetration cause splatter in the car? would a stray bullet hit... the girlfriend or the baby? The cops who handcuffs her, does his uniform raise questions? Minnesota cop who killed Castile says he reacted to ‘display’ gun | New York Post
she was calm to make the report the entire time. only after she got out the car did the drama really start got worse after she got off camera. is that a normal reaction from a girl friend who's boy friend just got shot cops normally normally take your phone away when you get arrested... she films most of the event till the phone gets out of her hand?? only to get it back when she is in the back of the car, "hand cuffed" .
Man

Old 07-09-2016, 04:23 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
First off, I want to say that I am not a conspiracist in any way. Never in my life have I ever supported any of these modern conspiracy theories in regards to subjects like 911, Newtown, or the the Boston bombing. I always shake my head and laugh whenever one of my friends or some co-worker buys into these conspiracy theories.

Why on earth was this incident created?

Let's here some theories.
let them begin.. be carful what you ask for... some people cannot handle the truth.

lets start with timing, Dallas could not have come at a more opportune time for the democrats. Killery dominated the news like "all" he news, till dallas went down.

this would spin anyone's head..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZwidE0_4Dw

Quote:
The FBI released crime statistics last year showing that no murders occurred in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012 – the Sandy Hook Shooting – despite the media reporting that numerous schoolchildren and faculty were killed that December.

Why would the FBI release such a report? Did nobody in the process of publishing this material take notice that they were reporting no deaths for this event?
FBI Publishes Report Stating Nobody Died At Sandy Hook | Truth And Action

Quote:
Judge Andrew Napolitano told FOX News that an FBI transcript indicated that no one died until 05:13am Sunday morning when the police SWAT teams entered the building.

“Here’s what is news in the summary – nobody died until 05:13 in the morning, when the SWAT team entered. Prior to that no one had been killed. The 53 that were injured, and the 49 that were murdered all met their fates at the time of, and during, the police entry into the building,” Judge Napolitano said.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/fbi-tra...litano/5533563

Old 07-09-2016, 05:14 PM

68 posts, read 38,019 times
I'm bummed you didn't include an "I'm completely bat**** nuts" option for your poll.

I seriously cannot wrap my brain around this kind of thinking...or rather lack thereof.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
I must admit that I had a fleeting thought about the timing of Dallas. That massacre took the attention and the heat off Hillary. It couldn't have worked out better for her. Sometimes you just have to say "Hmmmm..."

But even at that, I don't believe in any conspiracy.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:37 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamdcastle View Post

I seriously cannot wrap my brain around this kind of thinking...or rather lack thereof.
You can't wrap your brain around people questioning things.

We're so f***ed it's not even funny. How do people like you in this day and age even exist?

Old 07-09-2016, 07:44 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
I am with you on this...

the cops voice and actions.. I question that. the cop allowed her to let her talk into the phone?? while not interrupting... something fishy there. especially lets her get her story out.

the cop... while the guy was shot? they say his gun was on his lap

victim still moving? groaning. they say the gun was on his lap.. if so the victim was still a threat. cop took no action to remove the firearm. 5 shots? would the penetration cause splatter in the car? would a stray bullet hit... the girlfriend or the baby? The cops who handcuffs her, does his uniform raise questions? Minnesota cop who killed Castile says he reacted to ‘display’ gun | New York Post
she was calm to make the report the entire time. only after she got out the car did the drama really start got worse after she got off camera. is that a normal reaction from a girl friend who's boy friend just got shot cops normally normally take your phone away when you get arrested... she films most of the event till the phone gets out of her hand?? only to get it back when she is in the back of the car, "hand cuffed" .
Man
You're right that doesn't add up. She is very calm, not much concern for the dying boyfriend, you're on Facebook telling people what is happening, no real emotion and no concern for the dying boyfriend?

The Smith Mundt Act was repealed in 2012, so propaganda can now be reported as fact.

We have a lot of dummies in America, they don't question anything or play connect the dots.

As long as they have their smart phone, cable TV and social media they're so self involved it's sad.

Glad to see there are still some people who THINK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamdcastle View Post
I'm bummed you didn't include an "I'm completely bat**** nuts" option for your poll.

Yes, best not to question anything. The lack of thinking is people like you or believe everything you see on the TV news. I mean if it's on CNN or Fox News it must be true.....sigh.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:00 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I gotta say, her calmness under duress is pretty disconcerting for sure, aside from the horror of the guy getting shot, obviously, I think if someone I loved was just blasted at close range by the police I would be a mess, not sure what is up with that, but whatever.

I don't think it's a hoax, but I can't get the image of her coolness out of my mind.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:11 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I gotta say, her calmness under duress is pretty disconcerting for sure, aside from the horror of the guy getting shot, obviously, I think if someone I loved was just blasted at close range by the police I would be a mess, not sure what is up with that, but whatever.

I don't think it's a hoax, but I can't get the image of her coolness out of my mind.
Nothing is up with that. Many like you would be a mess. But sometimes shock and adrenaline takes over and people become composed to do something. In her case she chose social media to show the horror of what was going on and then broke down later. I admire her

Old 07-09-2016, 08:18 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nothing is up with that. Many like you would be a mess. But sometimes shock and adrenaline takes over and people become composed to do something. In her case she chose social media to show the horror of what was going on and then broke down later. I admire her

I wasn't picking on her, I just found it odd is all, but whatever people do whatever under stressful situations apparently, I wasn't implying anything nefarious on her part.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:29 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How do you know? The Smith Mundt Act was repealed in 2012. If you're not familiar with it, it prevented propaganda being presented as facts on the news.

You believe everything you're told on TV? It wasn't just her demeanor, no cop is going to let someone do that, and you have someone dying next to you and you go on Facebook? You don
t comfort them or render aid? I know we live in an "all about me" society where people think they need to broadcast on social media every time they eat, but this was over the top.

Do you know what a crisis actor is? Do a Google search on that if you don't,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies