Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 12:00 PM

596 posts, read 428,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
They should have used knock out bomb and capture him alive for information.
But hopefully other suspects have the information.
I've never heard of a knockout bomb, what is that?

The shooter was in an elevated position, with good cover and had defended his position with rifle fire from numerous cops. He's an Army vet so know some tactics, he wanted to kill more white people, threatened that there were other bombs nearby and scattered throughout the city.

I doubt this is one of those take 'em alive situations.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:02 PM

1,104 posts, read 919,480 times
Considering the rampant number of civilian deaths at the hands of police killings in the US, I'm surprised it's taken so long for this new kind of tragedy to happen.

Whatever you say about BLM or protesters, when policemen have become so hated that they are now targets, you know that something has gone terribly wrong.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:02 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Did not know the police had suicide bomb robots..I wonder who thought of the idea?
If the police (bomb squad) use robots to check on and possibly detonate suspicious packages and/or real bombs, it's not really that hard to think they can use the same robot to deliver a bomb and neutralize the situation. I think there are some police robots that have guns or some sort of firing mechanism attached to them. The guy had a death wish and his wish was granted, he was going to get the death penalty anyway, if he survived, the Dallas police just saved the tax payers a bunch of money.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Why not?

Strengthening Trust Between Police and the Public in an Era of Increasing Transparency

Stop condemning police officers before all investigations are OVER

Police officers should wear bulletproof vests and bulletproof headgear

Report ALL cop killing threats

Something I can think of.

add: When cops die of gunshot wounds, the wounds are usually to the torso. Body armor has saved hundreds, maybe thousands, of officers' lives. There is always the risk of a head wound, and they do happen, but the choice to not wear a ballistic helmet is a trade-off.

Last but not the least, police officers of all races should not be singled out. The issue is not white officers vs. everybody else, It is police culture vs civilian culture.

Good post, all I have to say. And I happen to know some hard working out there every day, protect and serve and keep the public safe Police. They don't have an easy job and if anyone thinks they do, do their job every single day of your life, and see how you like it.

This was an ambush. Maybe police have not been there for everyone when you need them, they have been here for my family when we have needed them, with burglary and other criminal doings they have been here for us. Police and the public, trust won't be built with incidents like this happening, and will not strengthen, but deteriorate .

People like to judge, before knowing all factual facts.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:10 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Good post, all I have to say. And I happen to know some hard working out there every day, protect and serve and keep the public safe Police. They don't have an easy job and if anyone thinks they do, do their job every single day of your life, and see how you like it.

This was an ambush. Maybe police have not been there for everyone when you need them, they have been here for my family when we have needed them, with burglary and other criminal doings they have been here for us. Police and the public, trust won't be built with incidents like this happening, and will not strengthen, but deteriorate .

People like to judge, before knowing all factual facts.
agreed!!

and I am pretty sure we all have friends who are police officers. I think we should treat all of them with human decency and respect. They are only doing their jobs.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:12 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
It just broke my heart to see those people taunting the remaining officers when they are trying to maintain the peace while knowing that their fellow officers are lying dead in the streets.

This was so disrespectful! When BLM complains that police are against them, someone should play this video and ask them how police and BLM members are supposed to come together when things like this happen.

How much more benefits would have resulted if these people would have shown compassion for the police and showed them that the pain that the officers were experiencing is like the pain felt by BLM and make THAT a starting point to work in unity for a solution.

Instead, these idiots compound the already tense and confrontational nature of the situation by taunting the officers and creating an even more divisive atmosphere.
Police officers need to be professional and recognize they are idiots, not representative of many BLM members.

I have seen this behavior in public and the majority of us just ignore it. Cops need to do the same.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:24 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
*bppo

Old 07-08-2016, 12:25 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
I thought the majority of terrorists were supposed to be white military veterans? This is very confusing.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:29 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Twitter comments like this don't help things. I wonder if they young lady/girl is happy now, since her wish from 2014 has come true.
https://twitter.com/SaysssAshley/sta...74223272873984

She has over 1,000 followers on Twitter too.
It's also scary that even more influential people than her have posted similar things, and they get a lot of 'likes' on these racist and sick comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies