Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 10:52 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Just saw the guy who was protesting with his AR in Dallas on CNN with his brother.

Even though it was apparently clear from the outset that he was not involved they treated him and his brother as criminals, just for exercising their legal rights.

The police STILL have his legal gun, even though he never broke any laws. My guess is he will have to sue to get it back.

OMG - a black man with a gun, he must be a criminal. If he was white I doubt it would be the same.

Maybe next protest a thousand people need to show up with their ARs and peacefully demonstrate?

Oh, but then the military/police will say they are outgunned and need tanks to patrol the cities.

Well that is the plan. Police can't control their cities, bring in the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've got the feeling that Dallas will make things right with that 2nd Amendment fan.
Dallas is going to bring in Martial Law. Pay attention, you have protests starting to get out of control throughout the country. It's really picking up speed, 3 events in two days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 10:55 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well that is the plan. Police can't control their cities, bring in the military.

[/b]

Dallas is going to bring in Martial Law. Pay attention, you have protests starting to get out of control throughout the country. It's really picking up speed, 3 events in two days.
Blah, blah, blah.

Take a break from infowars.com. The country is NOT gonna fall apart.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:07 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Just saw the guy who was protesting with his AR in Dallas on CNN with his brother.

Even though it was apparently clear from the outset that he was not involved they treated him and his brother as criminals, just for exercising their legal rights.

The police STILL have his legal gun, even though he never broke any laws. My guess is he will have to sue to get it back.

OMG - a black man with a gun, he must be a criminal. If he was white I doubt it would be the same.

Maybe next protest a thousand people need to show up with their ARs and peacefully demonstrate?

Oh, but then the military/police will say they are outgunned and need tanks to patrol the cities.

No one was "falsely accused" of being the shooter.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:09 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Blah, blah, blah.

You wouldn't say that the country is starting to get a wee bit rickety?

Old 07-08-2016, 11:32 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
A lot of onlookers nationwide, including on these threads, were surprised that an ordinary citizen is allowed to carry an unloaded rifle in public in Texas (and if they research, in several other states that haven't been nannied). That's a good enough reason.
I thought open carry meant you could carry your loaded weapon. Is that not true?

Old 07-08-2016, 11:34 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Blah, blah, blah.

You're not paying attention. I think Alex Jones is ridiculous.

Famous last words, " that can't happen", than it does.

I realize you're in FL, but still you can learn to do some critical thinking.

Things are getting out of control and at a much faster pace. Guess you're not familiar with "order out of chaos".

Yes, best not to think or question anything.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:40 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I thought open carry meant you could carry your loaded weapon. Is that not true?
Local ordinances vary:
State, local 'open carry' laws can contradict each other - San Antonio Express-News

I personally think it's stupid to transport a loaded rifle, but that's just me.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're not paying attention. I think Alex Jones is ridiculous.

Famous last words, " that can't happen", than it does.

I realize you're in FL, but still you can learn to do some critical thinking.

Things are getting out of control and at a much faster pace. Guess you're not familiar with "order out of chaos".

Yes, best not to think or question anything.
What exactly is happening?

Some idiots are engaging in mass shootings? What's new about that?

Some cops are shooting blacks and blacks are protesting? what's new about that?

Some cops were killed? Sure, horrible incident but it's not the first or the worst mass shooting. Sandy Hook is the worst shooting so far and no one back then was claiming the whole country was at war.

Brainless people who think that most blacks are now gonna start shooting cops need to get a life or visit their psychiatrist for more medication. These were obviously the actions of some mentally ill people, no different than other shooters or snipers we have had in the past.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Local ordinances vary:
State, local 'open carry' laws can contradict each other - San Antonio Express-News

I personally think it's stupid to transport a loaded rifle, but that's just me.
It's beyond stupid but some people feel safer that way.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:49 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,996 times
Quote:
A lot of onlookers nationwide, including on these threads, were surprised that an ordinary citizen is allowed to carry an unloaded rifle in public in Texas (and if they research, in several other states that haven't been nannied). That's a good enough reason.
Oh wow, it must be a Texas thing.

Look, I'm from AZ and I'm used to seeing guns all the time. Over here you can open carry or CCW. It's not a big deal.

The only ordinary citizen to ever impress me was a very tall, long haired Apache man in Wilcox, AZ who carried his old fashioned, long cylinder magnum at the hip. I don't know why, but that man commanded more respect than that clown in Dallas.

I don't see the purpose, the usefulness, or the good judgement. The guy was either taunting or seeking notoriety. He turned himself in in order to stay alive.

He wasted the police's time and effort at a crucial time. The police really didn't need that clown in the mix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies