Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 08:38 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,099,422 times

Advertisements

But they won't. They believe it's their right to challenge unlawful acts from LE that violate their basic rights. They believe that they don't need to comply, bow their heads, kowtow to authority figures just to make those agents feel comfortable.

But they damn sure believe YOU should bc you don't deserve those rights. You don't deserve that freedom to defend yourself and demand fair and equal treatment. That type of America is for them, not you.

How else do you explain their vigilance against tyranny and oppressive govt, yet circling the wagons around cops who shoot children, unarmed citizens, and the elderly for not doing exactly what they were told? Isn't that last bit a hallmark of tyranny -- authorities demanding obedience or death?

It's okay. They know what their intention is. It isn't to help you survive the next encounter. It isn't to build up relations between law enforcement and the communities they serve. It's too remind you that the America you want is not for you to enjoy and prosper. It's for them. Your America isn't about freedom, justice, equality. Those things are for them. You just make sure you do what you're told and comply, if you want to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 08:51 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,874,201 times
Had the shooters been white, we'd see the more anarchist side of the right-wing on P&OC have a more sympathetic tone. Oh well.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:03 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,099,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Had the shooters been white, we'd see the more anarchist side of the right-wing on P&OC have a more sympathetic tone. Oh well.
That's always the case.

One man takes a stand against what he feels are unjust fines levied against him by the state and passively resists efforts by said state to collect those fines...

If he's White, he's Cliven Bundy and gets the support of Conservative America

If he's Black, he's Eric Garner and gets denounced for not complying with law enforcement.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:05 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
There is some hypocrisy here. No doubt. From many sides.

The government is out of control. That's our bottom line problem.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is some hypocrisy here. No doubt. From many sides.

The government is out of control. That's our bottom line problem.
I remember in my state where a white guy was sniping state troopers and many of the right-wing posters on here were saying how it's an uprising against a tyrannical government and the people are starting to get fed up. What's different in Dallas? Only police were targeted, not civilians, just like in PA. 180° difference from the peanut gallery. Not that I excuse them, I'm against people taking shots at cops even if many cops are crooked and to resolve this in the courts. That's why we have them. Yes it fails sometimes, but if we lose our faith in the court system, we're headed to Mexico's and Brazil's level.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's always the case.

One man takes a stand against what he feels are unjust fines levied against him by the state and passively resists efforts by said state to collect those fines...

If he's White, he's Cliven Bundy and gets the support of Conservative America

If he's Black, he's Eric Garner and gets denounced for not complying with law enforcement.
Not THIS "Redneck": had that idiot in Dallas been "white": I'd still be happy when the fool got took out. Cliven Bundy: from what I've heard about him; my "give a damn" broke when he pissed off the locals.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:30 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
I remember in my state where a white guy was sniping state troopers and many of the right-wing posters on here were saying how it's an uprising against a tyrannical government and the people are starting to get fed up. What's different in Dallas? Only police were targeted, not civilians, just like in PA. 180° difference from the peanut gallery. Not that I excuse them, I'm against people taking shots at cops even if many cops are crooked and to resolve this in the courts. That's why we have them. Yes it fails sometimes, but if we lose our faith in the court system, we're headed to Mexico's and Brazil's level.
I have no clue what situation you are discussing but yes people are going to retaliate.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not THIS "Redneck": had that idiot in Dallas been "white": I'd still be happy when the fool got took out. Cliven Bundy: from what I've heard about him; my "give a damn" broke when he pissed off the locals.
I believe you, you're one of the more sensible ones on here and one of the ones that I like. The rest are, meh.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no clue what situation you are discussing but yes people are going to retaliate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Frein

Old 07-08-2016, 09:38 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Just comply only applies to blacks when being confronted by a cop. We're actually supposed to keep a shoe shine kit on us and offer to shine their boots too.

If we don't, then we're non compliant and should be shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies