Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 03:46 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
You probably have no contact whatsoever with these people, and I'm sure you don't associate with them.

What percentage of the national buget goes to welfare? Do you know? You seem highly concerned about your tax dollars.
I know what the numbers are.

US Welfare Spending for 2016 - Charts

Looks like it is 1,057,400,000.00 dollars or 1.057 trillion dollars.

Medicaid = 577.2 billion dollars
Welfare = 480.2 billion dollars

This is total spending by the federal government and state governments. If you only counted federal spending it would be:

Medicaid = 488.5 billion dollars
Welfare = 383 billion dollars

Total federal spending = 871.5 billion dollars

The federal government spends 3,951,300,000.00 dollars per year. The percentage spent on welfare is around 22%

Old 07-09-2016, 03:50 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuja1 View Post
The conclusion I was asking about is whether the black people commit more crimes than white people. There can only be a yes or no answer.

This in my opinion is why so many white people don't think that black people are being unfairly targeted by the police.

About drugs. I would totally be on board with ending marijuana prohibition. Other drugs I feel should still be illegal because I think they are way more detrimental to society. Drugs such as meth, cocaine, and heroine.
I would entertain the possibility that the war on drugs was simply a way to keep the minorities, especially African Americans, down. In fact, I would bet on it. Notice when Democrats are elected, they rarely do much to help the advancement of African Americans, and they certainly don't tear down any of the barriers holding their community back. The war on drugs probably being one of the most destructive of all. The only thing they have to offer is the democratic plantation of more freebies, which further indentures some to that awful party.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:55 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,211 times
Black people are only 14% of the American Populations.

White crime is different and certainly more expansive in type of crimes and frequency of such types.
(Turn on any crime show on TV, that is based on true stories and then get a grip as to the nature, frequency and saturation of "types of crimes" by white people. These shows run 24/7 -365 on multiple channels, all with a different script and still they have more content than they have time to turn them into TV shows.
Most white crimes are made into TV shows, and they use model actress and actors for image sake, to cover up and divert from the actual vile and horror and devastation's of white crimes.
Whereas the News media does a 15 minute continual spin of black crime, to try and make it look like its more. When truth is, "white crime is often sanitized, and the frequency of people wanting to call it an anomaly, when true fact is the saturation is widespread and the frequency is multiple crimes on a daily basis.

Killing family members for insurance money
Killing family because they ran out of money
embezzlement, which damages 100's and 1000's
Abduction and dismembering of women
Crimes of Sexual related acts against children.
Killing of spouses
Kids killing their family
Kids killing other kids just to see what its like to kill
Theft, Robbery of all sorts
Rapes
Bullying and Stalking
Cyber crimes
Swindling of every type imaginable
Crimes against the elderly, including looting and robbing them blind.
Any kind of Fraud one can imagine
and the list just goes on and on and on.......
If the media did a 15 minute spin on white crime, the networks would not have time to show anything else.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-09-2016 at 04:35 PM..

Old 07-09-2016, 03:57 PM

384 posts, read 383,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Look, if you are going to go by raw numbers and even normalize it to population stats, then yes, you'll find that African Americans commit far more crimes than most other groups when you analyze things by race. I don't think that is racist to point that out. The problem, however, is that white folk absolutely refuse to ask the harder questions and admit that this country has deeply rooted systemic problems that go back all the way to when this country was founded. Why do you think AA are so prone to violence and crime? Do you really think it is some sort of magical coincidence that AA tend to be the poorest of the poor? Is it just a coincidence that AA commit a ton of crime? You really think it is a 'culture thing'? Get out of here with that pedestrian logic.

Even after the Civil War ended, America's oppression did not end. Ask yourself, how would YOU feel if you were denied a home loan simply because you were white? This country concentrated African Americans into poverty after the civil war by refusing to allow them to obtain the housing loans needed to escape crime and poverty. Even when you normalize for household income and basically for the likelihood of being able to payback a loan, blacks were routinely denied housing loans at a far higher rate than everyone else back in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. How would you feel if you were white and bus , subways, and train routes were specific designed to avoid where you lived and made it hard for you to get to a decent job, all because you were simply white?

The civil war isn't even 200 years old yet. You can't enslave people, free them but refuse to allow them to obtain wealth, refuse to allow them to escape poverty, and refuse to allow them even basic transportation to get to jobs and then all of the sudden expect them to magically better themselves in only a very short amount of time while concomitantly not expect them to turn towards crime to make ends meet. White America needs to get a grip and admit that all of the problems we have with the black community are the results of a racist and oppressive legacy the country has had well into even the 20th century.

Look, I'm white and I don't feel guilty for being white at all. But come on, you have to give people a fair chance and level the playing field if you want to enable them to better themselves. I highly doubt anyone in their right mind ever grows up wanting to be a drug deal rather than a NASA scientist. But if that's the environment you trap people in, what the hell do you expect will be the outcome?
I want to understand this topic. I'd like to believe that all the problems going on right now are for a good reason. I want to be on the right side of the argument. I hope everyone does. But I'm not 100% sure what the right side of the argument is.

You said the answer to my question is yes. That seems to be what the majority of white people believe and what the majority of black people don't believe.

You're other points are fine points and they should be dealt with. It's not right for AAs to be turned down for loans and jobs just because they are black. I can see how black people have it harder than white people.

But we also need to ne honest with ourselves. If black people are committing more crime then it's not racism that is causing them to be put in jail in higher numbers. Ok if people weren't racist maybe they wouldn't be as poor and wouldn't murder and steal. But they still need to be in jail for that.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:58 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Are you blind? Last I heard, 1 out of 5 Americans was dependent on food subsidies. Tons of people scamming SSDI as well. Even working illegals are collecting them. It's insane, and it promotes the worst in humanity. People eventually lose the will to make their own way in life, and become dependent on handouts and the government. It's in no way a healthy behavior and certainly not something we taxpayers should be forced to support.

White dude here. I have been pulled over 5 times in the past 10 years. Twice with a long gun in sight.

Never been arrested or incarcerated, and have never had trouble with police. Why? Because I did not act a fool, and I stayed out of trouble. That's the ticket you need to walk.
That doesn't mean they don't work.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:01 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That doesn't mean they don't work.
Welfare should not be a means of survival for able bodied Americans. Nor should it be used as a replacement for what companies should rightfully be paying.

We have too much potential to waste our lives away on the government dole. Welfare should be reserved for the elderly, the children, the ill, and other cases where people legitimately cannot provide for themselves and their family. If you go to work, and do not earn your keep, you need to expand your horizons, become more productive, or tell your cheap boss to give you a raise, or else your going to seek better employment opportunities.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:06 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Break that down by race. Isn't that what this thread is about. Maybe you should start your own thread. There are almost no blacks scamming SSDI. That is completely a white phenomenon.
Do you have a link to this? I have one right here: https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v62n2/v62n2p59.pdf

You might need to have some math skills to understand the charts.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:08 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,211 times
Quote:
I would entertain the possibility that the war on drugs was simply a way to keep the minorities, especially African Americans, down. In fact, I would bet on it. Notice when Democrats are elected, they rarely do much to help the advancement of African Americans, and they certainly don't tear down any of the barriers holding their community back. The war on drugs probably being one of the most destructive of all. The only thing they have to offer is the democratic plantation of more freebies, which further indentures some to that awful party.
It would benefit you to learn more, There are more than 97,000,000 white people who collect and utilize (SOME FORM) of public service benefits. So when you label it "freebies" you are talking about a lot of Republican whites who utilize public services as well as people from other political party groups.

You should understand that out of 37,000,000 TOTAL black people, maybe 15,000,000+ are consistent benefit users, So, if you get your perspective adjusted truth might make you expand how you think.

Yes, the drug under Ronald Reagan, was shipped to poor communities, 1st target was black community, then the poor Latin community and then to the poor white communities. The drug trade was done by nothing other than the Reagan Administration, as well too the Nixon Administration made darn sure not to bomb any of the S.E. Asian poppy fields, and the same for G.H.W. Bush, was very careful not to disrupt the Opium fields during the Afgan bombing raids.
This can be traced way back, to the fact of how society (white) banned the use of Opium by Chinese, because they feared the white women would sleep with the Chinese men in the Opium Den's but they did not ban the use for white people.

No black people have the means or network to import the millions of tons of all types of drugs that enter this country on a daily basis.

Nor is there any black people that own any of the "for profit prisons".... Republican have long supported the madness of these things. Therefore, don't push the delusion that this is some Democratic trick. The wealthy have been running this game for decades, and all aspects of the Administrations which not only allow it, but participate in facilitating the ongoing system of drug importations.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Welfare should not be a means of survival for able bodied Americans. Nor should it be used as a replacement for what companies should rightfully be paying.

We have too much potential to waste our lives away on the government dole. Welfare should be reserved for the elderly, the children, the ill, and other cases where people legitimately cannot provide for themselves and their family. If you go to work, and do not earn your keep, you need to expand your horizons, become more productive, or tell your cheap boss to give you a raise, or else your going to seek better employment opportunities.
Haven't you noticed that many jobs don't pay much. Trickle down never did work.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:11 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuja1 View Post
Is there any way to come to a conclusion on this topic?
Yes. You could google the numbers for each, and use your calculator to figure out the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies