Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 01:36 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Racism is largely perpetuated by black people many who have been expressing their hatred through leaders like Al Sharpton and Jessy Jackson. The myth that only white people are racist is popular but most myths are.
Most black people don't know Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson personally and I'm sure have not given them a go-ahead to speak for them wholesale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 01:46 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm sure a lot of you would agree that blacks should in fact be responsible to dealing with the black on black crime that takes place largely between black men.

Having said that, since racism is largely perpetuated by white people, shouldn't they be responsible for dealing with and eliminating racism ?

Chime in?
Sure, I'll chime in.

I reject your politically motivated Marxist social construct that demands that we accept that racism is primarily caused by White people.

It seems that the foundation of your weak post has lost its structural integrity.

Anything else?

Old 07-10-2016, 01:52 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Sure, I'll chime in.

I reject your politically motivated Marxist social construct that demands that we accept that racism is primarily caused by White people.

It seems that the foundation of your weak post has lost its structural integrity.

Anything else?
Exactly.....because other races have to exists, first and foremost, for whites to be racist in the first place. Thus, the existence of other races, which whites are not responsible for, is the true root of racism, not whites.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:12 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm sure a lot of you would agree that blacks should in fact be responsible to dealing with the black on black crime that takes place largely between black men.

Having said that, since racism is largely perpetuated by white people, shouldn't they be responsible for dealing with and eliminating racism ?

Chime in?
Interesting point. But on City-Data we are overwhelmed with people who resent your (and my) POV. Don't expect much good to come out of your posts which rightfully challenge much of the thinking here.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:30 PM

12,959 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Isn't that called blaming the victim?

Old 07-10-2016, 02:32 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
This is the first I have mentioned ever on the matter. Sometimes when you are struggling financially you really do not want to get into such things for fear of lots of things . Loss of earnings, loss of future opportunities etc. ,

Now I am actually in contact with some law companies to see if it is worth proceeding with . I think it is and cant really get into too many details , suffice to say on one point there was a Black man who had a walking stick , he would routinely threaten to break my f*****g legs at times . No joke ok . It is for real

I just think this sort of attitude , many Blacks have has to stop . It is truly a case of what you can get away it with them.

Also, we had an exec asst , black and old and you know that Wendy Williams type of diva . She would at times try to publicly humiliate me in meetings by pointing out how stupid I was for instance as part of having fun , she would do same to others. But nobody would say anything as she was hiding behind the whole , those Whites would never complain or risk all kinds of repercussions.

Another occasion, at a dinner out while we were on a conference in NY, this same exec asst, at the dinner table with the exec dir and the controller, I was sitting next to her and basically there was no other place to sit , and she picked up a knife and threatened me with it. The rest passed it off as a joke and the exec dir. among the laughing looked at me to see if I was upset by the act. I could sense it. So it was not very kosher to do such a things. I did not complain due to the fact I was young and new to the place and sitting at an expensive restaurant was a big deal to me.

So I think sometimes we need to stand up for basic rights and the times are changing now.

btw, you ask why are blacks violent in the places I work at. Well for one thing I am seen as the uber young white guy with the fair hair and blue eyes etc. , always nice to others and that was taken advantage of by them.
Of course, we have no way of interpreting what is happening in your situation. But we are only hearing one side of the story. To be honest with you, you have Black men threatening to break your legs, a "Wendy Williams type of diva", and another threatens to stab you with a knife. It would at least cross my mind that maybe it's you that is urging on this kind of behavior. Or maybe not. But, if this is a large, modern company, have you not gone to HR and made formal complaints?

Old 07-10-2016, 04:14 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Of course, we have no way of interpreting what is happening in your situation. But we are only hearing one side of the story. To be honest with you, you have Black men threatening to break your legs, a "Wendy Williams type of diva", and another threatens to stab you with a knife. It would at least cross my mind that maybe it's you that is urging on this kind of behavior. Or maybe not. But, if this is a large, modern company, have you not gone to HR and made formal complaints?

What now. A stellar employee record . Raises as well as bonuses all over the place while there.

Come on now , who on earth who urge a large Black man to threaten rather often , and usually just looking for a chance to do , with a walking stick and this is somehow acceptable

Dangerous thinking and I hope you would not extend the same logic to current events. There is no defense in that matter. Also, you seem to condone in some ways potentially violent behavior . Not good and that kind of thinking is probably the root to the violence seen on the streets of late. Please consider what you write before you commit to posting.

In fact this same sweet Old Black guy was in hot water at this same company for many interpersonal issues. He got away with much of it due to being Black and Gay. As he would love to remind people on a regular basis. On one occasion , the controller there , an Asian lady, actually came to me and asked to go to her office to chat , with no prompting whatsoever, to discuss if I was having issues with this same guy and she would warn him. Oh yes. But I declined due to being new and young in this company. That is the last thing you would want to get into especially since the older Black man was a veteran of 20 years there. So this person has a record of abuse , it is easy to see why.

Unfortunately, due to the culture of the place, for example the exec dir. divorced his wife of 35 years to marry a Filipino gay guy that worked at the company. Most of the indiscretions there were for the most part ignored or just too busy to deal with them. The Black people there and they constituted about 40% of the staff, made it a point to keep everything among themselves and work together as a unified front.

Now, speaking of the Black diva similar to Wendy Williams, she actually contacted me at home on a sick day to request some work to be done for her. My own mgr at the time, a White guy , got into the email thread and chewed her out for asking one of his staff to do work , no matter how urgent on his sick day.
As , she liked to say so often "I love to f**k with things" .

For me what is important is that I do not treat all Blacks the same due to this situation. In fact I met one good friend , a Black guy in my dept. , during my time there. He was aghast and so accurate in what he said about the Older Blacks there. Not a great fan was he , and has little to say good about these people.

Again, the only way to get respect from these types of people is show you are not afraid . They could care less about goodwill or showing real decency . Even though the Older Black guy had a knack of buying candies , so sweet he was lol, when the chance arose for looking good in front of the exec dir. All staged and like a robot almost.

As I mentioned I am already in contact with a law firm , of which one of the main partners is taking a keen interest in a potential case against my former company.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:15 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
https://www.facebook.com/vashona.dix...0413480971921/

Old 07-10-2016, 04:38 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Their style of living is what gets them in trouble in the first place. It is a status symbol in the Black community for a single Black guy to father children with as many women as possible. These males are usually Jamaican or Caribbean in origin, the ones with the dreadlocks and the white t shirts that hang around all day outside the ghettos doing absolutely nothing. In some cases, a few dozen kids will be fathered by a guy in his 20's. Wow. The father will usually be on drugs or off them to do a court ordered drug test, after which he will be back on the drugs again. All the time , the Black girls will be parading around , looking out for the next guy to have a baby with.
Dumbest post I've seen here in a while.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:09 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Humans are racist, including Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies