Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 10:00 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
White people are definitely not the enemy. White supremacy and its corollary of black inferiority is the enemy.

Here is the thing. Many white people, especially conservatives, believe that poverty in America is generally the result of personal and moral flaws in people. If black poverty is 3 times the rate of white poverty, then what does this say about how they see the black race relative to the white race? If they dismiss the role of racism in creating these poverty gaps, then how do they reconcile it other than concluding that blacks are naturally inferior?

Your making a "stretch" of reasoning that is not realistic. I fail to see how someones individual personal and moral flaws have anything to do with this fictitious "white Supremacy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 10:01 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Exactly. So why, as a previous poster said are we supposed to "look" to history and lament about the cruel "whitey" who oppressed the world...........Things are on as even a keel as is possible,and even tilted more to the side of the blacks and other minorities. So what is with all the whining?
Really. Really. ? I am a female n fight to keep things fair. Women do not get paid equally, and it is obvious to many good people, Things are NOT even keel as you propose. some places, corporations are doing great! Medical, govt. military, they have come a long way, but not so--- everywhere--- ask the LGBT community

Old 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Truth is white people in our history started the war between races. With slavery -laws- and unfair, below standard treatments of other people's, not just black, but Asian and Latinos. They had the money and education and control. They wanted slaves. In other countries it's the same. People hate other people. But we talking about us. When will the unfairness stop? With globalization it has gotten worse -because it's brought more poverty to Americans and I don't get why our education has gotten so bad, but the opportunities flew overseas. It's not just about color, but being treated equally. Politicians push us against each other and throw blame on us!! They are the responsible ones who are sworn to set good laws that protect all and our economy !

Its the "global economy". Now the rich and well placed have only to pick which country of the world they wish to practice slavery in. The working conditions and pay that is afforded the people who make most of the things you consume are on a par with slavery........

Old 07-10-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Part of the problem is terminology. Blacks and whites use the term HATE far to often when its not really about hate. With whites, its not so much about hate as it is about beliefs that blacks are inferior. You can actually think something is inferior, and love it. People think young children are inferior to adults, but love them. People think that pets are inferior to humans, but love them. Thus, hate is not really the issue. The issue is that when push comes to shove, and decisions have to be made quickly, these perceptions of black inferiority come out in whites.

don't know about other people,but when I run into a person I do not know........I always wonder what am I encountering here; an honest decent person or someone out to rob me.........or anything in between. As with ALL people I never know until I have some interaction. I don't care if he is black,white,asian,mexican, green, purple or what.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Most black people don't know Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson personally and I'm sure have not given them a go-ahead to speak for them wholesale.
Most white people are not members of the KKK either.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Really. Really. ? I am a female n fight to keep things fair. Women do not get paid equally, and it is obvious to many good people, Things are NOT even keel as you propose. some places, corporations are doing great! Medical, govt. military, they have come a long way, but not so--- everywhere--- ask the LGBT community

Read my other posts. The only place I ever worked where women were paid equal to men.........had a union. Are you pro union?

Last edited by jeffdoorgunner; 07-10-2016 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Grammer

Old 07-10-2016, 10:23 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Then answer this, since you say the crime stats speak for themselves.(and yes, that was a stupid post). What do you think causes crime? What do you think drives people to turn to crime as a means of survival? And how do you know they don't work?

And no where is truly paradise...even people with jobs and employment opportunities engage in illicit drugs.
Not always economic , can't blame that all the time

It is interest in actual working for many of the people . Or in some case just plain attitude.

At one time, in a local Safeway, they had 3 different Black guys start as workers there. Very nice location and really cool working staff there. I go there all the time . They had to fire 2 of these guys, due to blatant disrespect of customers . Clear as day he would start mocking people . He was a big dude too. The other guy got into trouble for arguing with a customer . You don't do that . Never.

Now I have been close to homelessness myself at times in my life. Did I ever turn to crime to survive. Not once. And I had absolutely no type of network of any type behind me to offer any kind of support. I got through it by just pure belief that things would get better. I made it happen. Will power to say no to the many times I was offered some meth or heroin to ease the pain . No silver spoon I can tell you.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:00 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Then answer this, since you say the crime stats speak for themselves.(and yes, that was a stupid post). What do you think causes crime? What do you think drives people to turn to crime as a means of survival? And how do you know they don't work?

And no where is truly paradise...even people with jobs and employment opportunities engage in illicit drugs.
So the official crime stats issued by the FBI which clearly show the amount of crimes carried out by Black people is higher on average than other groups, is in your own words....a stupid point ............is something I just have to say you wish to ignore. There is no getting around it. We can go on and on with florid explanations and going off on tangents here there and everywhere , but the facts remains the same . Black people commit more violent crime on average than any other group.

That is what we have to deal with as citizens of this land. All of us it must be said.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Humans are criminal....including whites.
Not anywhere close to the same extent as Blacks.

Again...

Per FBI crime statistics: Blacks, who are just 13% of the population (per the US Census Bureau), commit:

51.3% of all murders and manslaughters
29.9% of all rapes
55.9% of all robberies
33.1% of all aggravated assaults
30.2% of all burglaries
28% of all larceny-thefts
30.7% of all motor vehicle thefts
23.4% of all arsons
34% of all forgeries and counterfeitings
35.6% of all embezzlments
40.7% of all weapons violations
41.8% of all prostitution and commercialized vice
Etc.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ables/table-43

Why wouldn't the very high rate of weapons violations among the Black population make police of all races wary of Blacks?

And why wouldn't the very disproportionately high percentage of crimes committed by Blacks make everyone (including other Blacks) wary of Blacks?

Old 07-11-2016, 04:33 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Then answer this, since you say the crime stats speak for themselves.(and yes, that was a stupid post). What do you think causes crime? What do you think drives people to turn to crime as a means of survival?
Because they're unwilling to invest the work and sacrifice it takes to earn the skills and experience one needs to acquire and keep a legitimate job which earns enough to support oneself and one's dependents.

And that's not necessarily because they're lazy. One of the biggest problems is Blacks keep acting counterproductively when they keep voting for the exact same Democrats who keep them segregated and isolated in their abysmal public schools instead of being pro-school choice/vouchers which would give Black inner-city kids the same access to better educational options like the lily-White racist NIMBY Dems have.

Blue states have the most segregated schools
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Chicago: America's most segregated city - Jan. 5, 2016
Quote:
And how do you know they don't work?
It's statistically more likely.

Unemployment May Be Dropping, But It's Still Twice As High For Blacks : NPR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies