Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:10 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times

Advertisements

In any profession, white collar and blue collar alike, 1/3 of the people are incompetent, and about 1/4 are harmfully dishonest. The sole exception is politicians, where it is more like 3/4 and 99/100, respectively.

(quote as much as you want, with attribution...)

Old 01-04-2017, 09:12 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It now seems some dumb , uneducated and brain less followers of some idiots are now defining entire professions as racist, haters, etc.

How can a small percentage of professionals now be mentioned like an entire group is standing for or acting the same?

I never understood the reasoning behind this.

We can even see it on this forum when one realtor messes up the person commenting will say that all realtors are bad.

I have seen a few bad teachers in schools my kid went to but the majority of the teachers were the best and made a huge difference in my kids life. Some however will claim that certain groups are bad and try to put weird things in my kids mind but luckily my kids read a lot and are/were too smart for these liberal biased teachers.

When we stop this behavior and just blame the person who did the wrong doing than we may have a change to unite.

However the President set the bad example of starting to blame the cops for the University professor which ended in the beer summit so the President should change his actions/behavior as he caused a lot of downhill in society.
Then there was that whole thing with bowl of skittles, oh wait never mind.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:16 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,787,848 times
A few bad politicians doesn't define all politicians!

Old 01-04-2017, 09:23 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
A few bad politicians doesn't define all politicians!
Aha, but you're forgetting that in order to explain misplaced policies, you need to postulate a majority of bad politicians.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:39 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,787,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Aha, but you're forgetting that in order to explain misplaced policies, you need to postulate a majority of bad politicians.
Who says the majority of politicians are bad???? The same people saying because there's a few bad cops, surgeons, teachers, lawyers, realtors etc, that all cops, surgeons, teachers, lawyers and realtors are bad.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 AM

858 posts, read 707,754 times
You are right. BAD surgeons make bad decisions and people die. They get hit with a malpractice lawsuit, lose their license, and if really egregious, they got to jail. Their life is over and other GOOD surgeons applaud the decision. BAD lawyers get disbarred and lose their license. Other GOOD lawyers applaud the decision. BAD cops punch handcuffed suspects or shoot unarmed people posing no threat and GOOD cops arrest that cop immediately. hmm...Doesn't seem like anything happens to them. Well surely other GOOD cops blackball that officer and refuse to work with them. hmm...that doesn't happen either. well of course GOOD police departments and GOOD police chiefs don't promote them or give pay raises because why would you do that to bad cops? hmm...not that either. There seems to be a lack of GOOD decisions made by GOOD officers against BAD officers which makes you wonder where the GOOD officers are

Last edited by yeahboy79; 01-04-2017 at 10:46 AM..

Old 01-04-2017, 09:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
It shouldn't. My Dad is a great gun owner. As kids, my sister and I saw them only when he was taking them out of or putting them in his gun locker. Probably owned thirty or so, mainly rifles but handguns too. He was part of the NRA for probably close to 50 years. He didn't renew his membership probably five years ago now; said the organization was getting too paranoid and he couldn't in good conscience defend all of their obstructionism when it came to sensible gun laws.

Now the far right considers my Dad to be a bad gun owner.
Most likely going senile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies