Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 12:42 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The media has never been impartial. I'm surprised it took you this long to realize that.

Go ahead and let the Orange man win the election. Because neo-nazis are much better than some people who don't think every single cop is a hero.
Get real

Old 07-10-2016, 12:45 PM

416 posts, read 260,155 times
Interesting comments Surf. What happened in Dallas was tragic, as was what happened in Minnesota and in Baton Rouge. There's no place in our country for either of the three incidents. You must have missed it, because i have seen and heard black leaders (both BLM and any number of others) speak out against the Dallas massacre (there's no other term for it and yes it should be a hate crime).

I've also heard politicians on both sides of the aisle take hard lines on the violence and the need for it to stop. The bigger question is how? Who starts with answers? I learned long ago the most effective opportunity usually comes from the top down, but ultimately it has to be from all fronts.

You brought up the black on black violence in Chicago, as any number of others have and that apparently it doesn't matter to anyone in the BLM. I would never try and speak for them, but seems to me, a good number of us just don't care if gang bangers kill each other (hate to say that, but what's going on there is beyond comprehension). That said, every time an innocent is lost by the senseless violence, it impacts not only the loved ones, but the community at large. If you think not look closely as they bury their loved ones.

The reality is, i see no end to the situations that exist in Chicago and other high crime areas. There used to be an ideology that good jobs solved most of our problems. When people could get jobs with good pay and decent benefits, many of those problems went by the bye. Today with so much of our workforce looking at Wal-Mart or McDonalds as their future, they see no way out. Not picking on either, they are just systematic of where we are.

Politics is an ugly business these days. Personally i blame a good share of it on the folks along the way who allowed it to be corrupted by the big money players (on both sides of the aisle). We've morphed into s system of "the best money can buy," and for that, we are all losers.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:47 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I used to be a Dem too until about 10 yrs ago. then I learned to think for myself and now I don't follow any party.

which means no candidate represents how I feel. Gary Johnson comes the closest.
I'm with you Northeastah! I did the same, and hopefully, more follow. Blindly following a party is so divisive and important issues get passed by for loyalty to one party or the other. No way to pick a leader of a country.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:52 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
On Election Day, stay home, read a book, take a hike, spend time with friends and family...do anything but vote, it's for suckers.

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
I can't say that I've had your experience. The outpouring of support for the police officers killed has been huge from my liberal friends. Their names were spoken at a BLM gathering I attended yesterday. We said Kaddish for them in my Jewish activist group. And I dispute that BLM should take time off from protesting. What happened was tragic, but it was an act of terrorism perpetrated by ONE person who was not affiliated with the group. More so, he disagreed with the group's peaceful tactics. It was also an attack on them, to hurt them even more in the public's eye. Don't fight the terrorist's battles for him.

My conservative friends, meanwhile, can't be bothered to voice any support or sympathy for either of them men killed by police. Should I judge them and their cause as harshly as you judge the liberals in your life?

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You prefer to vote for the American living standards-reducing Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement that HRC, Obama, the Democratic Party, and Gary Johnson all say they support.
Well, that's just a dishonest way of framing it. You're taking one aspect of it and using that to imply that Johnson is more or less the same as every Democrat.

Just gonna say it, if you believe that, well, it must be hard being that stupid. Johnson wants to repeal Obamacare. He wants to get rid of minimum wage laws. He doesn't want the government regulating things to prevent climate change. But because he's vaguely voiced support for the TTP, in that it encourages free trade (according to him, I don't agree with him but I think that's genuinely his view on this which is certainly not the view of Hillary Clinton), you're gonna act like they're basically the same because you want someone else to be president. So, I stand by view. You're either a liar or an idiot. At least based on what you just said; feel free to prove me wrong if you feel so compelled.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:56 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm liberal myself, and I believe that black lives AND blue lives matter.

It's sad that there's so much division in this country that was intended to be a melting pot.
the division has been caused by the liberal politicians, they feed off the uneducated and poor....for votes, telling them whatever they want to hear, at the cost of people's lives, instead of telling them, no one is going to change this but yourselves....

they like vultures are feeding off of your crimes...whenever a black person is shot by police, OMG, it's horrible, only to find out that the perp had a rap sheet a mile long, but that doesn't matter. And then the Media, jumps all over it and feeds more over these shootings, however, when someone is shot in a black community, by a black, the media doesn't jump all over that, Why? They want the liberal vote.....

I've seen leaders in our communities who are liberals who SIDE WITH THE CRIMINALS PUBLICALLY, B/C THEY WANT TO BE VOTED IN AGAIN, TO HELL WITH THE LAWS? Pathetic

Every day, every day in Philly there are at least two shootings and more.....every day.....
However, BLM never does a damn thing to fix that, do they.....they are shooting up their own communities,m and yet, the only time they care, is when the police do something.....then all hell breaks loose.

THEY can call each other the N word, however, let a white person so it, and OMG!!!!!!!!!

Enough, of this double standards...I don't feel sorry for any of these people.... I've seen and know way to many blacks who do not act like this or live like this, who in fact have done something about it.....

cops deal with the scum of the earth every single day of their lives....every single hour of their work time.....
and then you wonder why they shoot?

Drug addicts, criminals, rapists, assault, and every kind of pathetic dog, out there on the streets....and then you wonder, and have the nerve to protest....please. I feel no sympathy any longer....

anyone with half a brain can figure this out....those out there protesting, why are you working at a job? Huh, instead of leaching off of your tax payers. Why aren't you protesting the hoods and gangs shooting your own kids....? And as heated as all this is, you still take your kids out there to protest not knowing what is going to happen.

Thugs and hoods, come for all around to these protests to start trouble.....

You will never stop violence, until you yourselves do something about it....it's no one's fault but your own. If you weren't out there on the streets, getting arrested over and over again, maybe you wouldn't be shot.

Your killing each other and yet, you don't care, but when a cop does it, wow, it's the biggest damn event, and the words are always the same.....OH, he was a good boy. Yeah right.

I'll tell you what I'd do if I were president.....I'd impose a curfew....and bring in the military, and anyone, anyone caught outside after dark gets shot by the military, period.

You are only hurting blacks who have worked hard all their lives to pull themselves up out of the chains that bind...who are respectable citizens...and your killing your children.

I'm voting for Trump, and I don't care how tough he gets, I hope he gets real tough, b/c that is what this country needs. This liberal way of thinksing, "oh you can't spank your kids, b/c it will mar them for life", bull has got to stop. This PC bull has got to stop....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-10-2016 at 01:08 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Well, that's just a dishonest way of framing it. You're taking one aspect of it and using that to imply that Johnson is more or less the same as every Democrat.

Just gonna say it, if you believe that, well, it must be hard being that stupid. Johnson wants to repeal Obamacare. He wants to get rid of minimum wage laws. He doesn't want the government regulating things to prevent climate change. But because he's vaguely voiced support for the TTP, in that it encourages free trade (according to him, I don't agree with him but I think that's genuinely his view on this which is certainly not the view of Hillary Clinton), you're gonna act like they're basically the same because you want someone else to be president. So, I stand by view. You're either a liar or an idiot. At least based on what you just said; feel free to prove me wrong if you feel so compelled.

"I would sign TPP." -Gary Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPz2pjw3P4

[begin @ min. 6:30 (where he also says, "I would support that document.")]

Mr. Libertarian also invited gun-control William Weld onto his ticket.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:11 PM

8,606 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I voted for Kerry in 2004 and for Obama twice. I'm a millennial, I'm educated, and I'm not white. I'm the Dems primary target demographic. I genuinely believed the liberal movement was about making lives better for everyone and coming together, but after Friday it is extremely evident the left does not care about the lives of law enforcement officers, and is just as partisan and divisive as the right, and because of that I will never vote Democrat again.

I have seen very little sympathy for those officers from the "left" and practically none from the black lives matter movement which Obama and Hillary are vehemently supporting. After Paris almost every liberal on my social media networks had Paris flag colors on the profiles and after Orlando they all had post about "we stand with Orlando" and things similar. I have seen hardly any such response for the officers who were slaughtered in Dallas. Black lives matter didn't even take ONE DAY off from protesting for NATIONAL SECURITY reasons, being that their protest require officers to be on the streets and that puts them AND protestors at more risk from other attacks. They could of at least called off protest on Friday and then resumed on Saturday in the face of a national crisis and in a symbolic mourning for the slain officers. At the very LEAST, they could have had some signs in memory for the slain officers during their protest, but there were none. There was almost no mention of the Dallas officers on the Black Lives Matters website.

And MSNBC and CNN's response to this whole situation has been abominable. They have become just like Fox news: completely partisan and reporting with biased opinion instead of objective facts. They have been unsympathetic to the lives lost, have been politicizing the situation, and trying to blame the incident on gun control instead the real issues involved here. I will never watch ANY major news network ever again.

To make things worse, black lives matter and the "left" has had very little response to the horrendous black-on-black violence that is taking place in Chicago. If you live in Chicago you need to be worried about being shot by a black gang banger, not by the cops. The lack of concern over this proves this movement isn't about black lives at all, it's about a war on police, and its about playing politics. #NeverDemocrat #NeverRepublican
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I also have been disenchanted by the media on both sides of the isle and I think they are very irresponsible. I now prefer to watch my news through other avenues. One I have found is Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson: Home | Full Measure

I like it because it is about holding government leaders accountable on both sides of the isle.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:11 PM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I am pro all people. To be treated fairly and with respect - I so thank my parents who taught me to never see people by color or wallet size, or career. Although the don't like politicians, they will be respected... We have created that disrespect and it is now a monster !!! When leaders at the top disrespect each other for all to see, you can only get mayhem underneath. Only way to put this train back in the station is to dis- assemble it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies