Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 07:33 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,389 times

Advertisements

"Diversity" means divided, unfortunately.
In old days, one group absolutely dominated so the conflicts were not prominent. Nowadays minority groups have more power, and everything becomes chaotic.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:31 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Ringo1

And what makes you think they are not?
This does

One shooting every six hours

why aren't they protesting in their own areas, if BLM so much, then why not protest abortion clinics?

Why not protest drugs, and do something constructive for your communties, instead of urging blacks to break laws?

Why not stand up for what is right, and tell people to stop fighting police? To stop taking drugs, to stop living a pathetic life, and work for a living, be a constructive member of the communities.....
to stop drinking, and stop being violent, to stop hitting your wives, and tell the women to act like women and stop fist fighting. Why don't you condemn anyone who breaks the law, and participates in knock out punches, or robbing homes, raping and gang drive by shootings that kill innocent children.
If BLM wanted to do something constructive, they'd be urging communities to be good role models for the kids, and stop having children simply to collect more welfare.

Again, I know and have a lot of black friends who are fine upstanding people, who have worked very hard to put themselves thru college, and say, there is no reason for these communities to be living like they are, none, and it all stems from bad parenting....if a child comes up in an abusive home, chance are they will be abusive....

Stop having kids in broken homes, stop calling each other that filthy N word....
Start believing in cleaning up communities, and helping cops....get rid of the drugs and alcohol!!!! Get rid of the garbage, if you know someone in the hood that is breaking the law, get rid of it....period!!!!!!!!

I'm sick to death of your communities, thinking it's ok to be lazy and steal money from tax payers, and it's ok to promote crime, it is not ok, and most of those boys who got shot by cops, were thugs, criminals with rap sheets a mile long.

I'm sick to death of people talking about slavery, that is over, it's gone, lets move on and work together.

Stop breeding crime!

I know what cops deal with every single day of their lives....and they shouldn't have to....and I'm also talking to the white scums who live the same way....or any other nationality who are a menace to society.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-11-2016 at 04:43 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 05:42 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
BLM was specifically organized to protest white cops killing blacks and we have tons of videos with the fist in the air and chanting kill the pigs. Although there are some very good people who associate with the group who do not ant violence - there are also a lot of radical supporters as seen on Facebook and Twitter following the Dallas shooting.

Obama could have made a big difference with the black community instead of commiserating with them - he should have advocated they take back their neighborhoods, get an education ect.... The if I had a son - he would be like Trayvon was one of the stupidest things to come out of his mouth. BLM could also make a difference by helping the membership in each community stand together and initiate change. Do you not think any police officer - regardless of color - would love to know that his back is covered by the actual citizens he's trying to protect when he goes into these neighborhoods?

Even my sons who are independent are voting for Trump. They favor Johnson - but he doesn't have a chance of becoming president when we have all the kool aid drinkers voting for Hillary. I wasted my vote voting Perot - and the person I liked the least was elected - I won't make that mistake again.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:56 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This post is full of so many erroneous assumptions and half truths that I just can't even.

But one thing I will address, BLM is a movement specifically to address police transgressions against black people. It's not there to fix the problems of inner cities. It's like expecting the Pizza Association Of America to fix the Mafia.
So you are saying black lives matters only if it's cops shooting blacks? They need to change their name from BLM to BLMISBC (black lives matter if shot by cops).

How can a group called black lives matter not care or talk about black on black deaths? There's like 99% more of those than by racist white cops.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:16 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
This^^^^ is an EXCELLENT post...If all of you who are sick of the way the Democrats and Liberal media have let our country go down in flames really want to do something, read it again and again until it sinks in.....

I think it is pathetic that the cops were actually trying to protect the protesters (who were protesting cops) when they were shot.....Who are you going to call when no one wants to be a cop anymore? Cops barely make 35k a year....I can't imagine any one of those protesters would put up with the crap cops put up with on a daily basis for that amount of money and the fact that their life is on the line EVERY DAY!!!!
Not sure where you live, but cops in my town make six figures on average.

What happened in Dallas was disgusting. The protesters were not being violent, and the cops I saw were coming out from cover to shoo bystanders away from danger. They went above and beyond. The Dallas PD wasn't even implicated in either of the two shoots in question.

This dangerous nut job was supposed to get a psych evaluation and a dishonorable discharge in Afghanistan. The army dropped the ball. If anyone is to blame, it's the army.

This was an act perpetrated by one guy.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:20 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
So you are saying black lives matters only if it's cops shooting blacks? They need to change their name from BLM to BLMISBC (black lives matter if shot by cops).

How can a group called black lives matter not care or talk about black on black deaths? There's like 99% more of those than by racist white cops.
(I'm adding this to your comment mike0618)

not to mention, BLM, don't really care if the person shot by a cop was a criminal, it is specifically spreading word, that Lawlessness is legal.

and you can show as many videos as you like, however, the entire video needs to be seen, not just partial segments.

and one more thing....all these marches draw nothing but low life, who though homemade bombs and bricks...but, thats ok...again, lawlessness, those are not peaceful marches or protests....why doesn't BLM throw those people out of their marches, if they want to do something constructive....your inviting violence.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:22 AM

This incident might just help police and citizen relations amoungst those who were scared of cops. At least for those at this rally you can bet they think different of their cops than they did hours before this shooting.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:23 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post

It extends well beyond shootings, blacks are more likely to be arrested for minor drug crimes, pulled over for no other reason other than their color. If you just look at the marijuana arrests alone you would have to believe that blacks smoke in far greater numbers than whites, they do not.

There are race issues on both sides, ignoring the facts and generalizing just adds to the divide.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It extends well beyond shootings, blacks are more likely to be arrested for minor drug crimes, pulled over for no other reason other than their color. If you just look at the marijuana arrests alone you would have to believe that blacks smoke in far greater numbers than whites, they do not.

There are race issues on both sides, ignoring the facts and generalizing just adds to the divide.
I agree with you on the profiling and pull overs. I have seen it here in Indiana where I live too. I am not saying there is not a problem. There is a big problem but BLM isnt dealing with the core problem not are the politicians of both parties. Its a big lack of nuclear families and for the most part fathers in their children's lives in the black community. These kids are raising themselves. It leads to the problems you raise in your post where cops profile because of their experences with past crimes. It leads to resentment from the young blacks who get that unwanted attention and leads to speaking out in which leads to police being more physical with said black youth. Its a self fulfilling proficy.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
What is the difference between a black guy shooting at police in Dallas and a white guy shooting at police in an Oregon wildlife sanctuary? Simple: the Black guy is a low life terrorist and the White guys are patriotic heroes defending the sacred freedom for individuals to abuse Federal land for their own monetary gain.

IMHO - the Dallas shooter wanted the police to feel just as frightened as many Black men. he did not realize that many police already feel frightened and the shootings of unarmed Blacks were caused by the craziness induced by the fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies